Why do democrats hate nuclear power again?

Think of it this way, once all the control goes to the government what would stop them from raising the prices? They could easily find a large number of excuses (like those used to raid SS) or take bribes (like the FDA does) to limit who can profit from it.

With many corporations running it the competition will keep the prices low, as long as the government doesn't have the power to just shut down companies without good reason, if the government doesn't answer to us first, they can shut down businesses just because another bribes them ... what's to stop that? Seriously ... how do you propose to keep the government from becoming corrupt after giving them absolute power?

Our Government is corrupt. But we have been able to store nuclear missiles effectively. We have been able to run nuclear subs, effectively. The only time we ever got close to a nuclear power disaster was in the hands of a private corporation.

Really ... so Three Mile was because a corporation was running it?
Out of curiosity, do you even know what happened at TMI? Without having to use google.

France generates 80% of their electricity by means of Nuclear power. If the nuclear wast was that much of a problem how come we can'f see the glow reflected in the clouds from here? How come ther are still Frenchmen that aren't mutated freaks.

France generates 80% of their electricity by means of Nuclear power. If the nuclear wast was that much of a problem how come we can'f see the glow reflected in the clouds from here? How come ther are still Frenchmen that aren't mutated freaks.
Well, they have a particular brand of reactor. It affects only the brains of phrenchmen and causes them to be liberals.

:razz:

Last edited:
We're supposed to copy the French healthcare system...

...but not the French Nuclear Energy system?

I call hypocritical bullshit!

Really?

Because if they are good at one thing, they should be good at all things?

:wtf:

Really?

You haven't spoken with many New York liberals, have you?
LOL

you could say I work with a few......

Besides, who is to say that the Belgians aren't running the Phrench's nuclear plants?
:hmpf:

I think nuclear is on the table. However the cost is major. I haven't done any work with a nuclear model in quite some time, but I'd say a program with multiple and exact specs for 20 or so reactors would be in the neighborhood of about $3-4T. Double that figure to upgrade the grid. Meanwhile, the Navy allegedly is tinkering with cold fusion, but not talking about it.

Chernobyl needs a new sarcophagus, and nobody quite knows how to go about it. The people that put the original one up are all dead, and they knew they would die doing it.

I think nuclear is on the table. However the cost is major. I haven't done any work with a nuclear model in quite some time, but I'd say a program with multiple and exact specs for 20 or so reactors would be in the neighborhood of about $3-4T. Double that figure to upgrade the grid. Meanwhile, the Navy allegedly is tinkering with cold fusion, but not talking about it.

Chernobyl needs a new sarcophagus, and nobody quite knows how to go about it. The people that put the original one up are all dead, and they knew they would die doing it.

There are several nuclear power plants ready to be "turned on", why not just power those up instead of pushing to shut the few we have in operation down?

There are several nuclear power plants ready to be "turned on", why not just power those up instead of pushing to shut the few we have in operation down?

Why quote my post when you aren't even remotely referring to it?:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Really?

Here is one thing the French do extremely well:

french-funny-flag1.jpg

Why quote my post when you aren't even remotely referring to it?:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Inferring works just like referring in this matter. You mentioned the cost for new ones, I pointed out we don't even need new ones yet, there are many maintained ones ready to be used which won't cost much to use and only sit unused because the government won't let the power companies power them up. ;)

Again, I didn't mention any of that. If you wish to go along that line of inquiry, then go get some facts and discuss it. What you do is not inferring, that's making shit up to try to relate it to what I posted.

Again, I didn't mention any of that. If you wish to go along that line of inquiry, then go get some facts and discuss it. What you do is not inferring, that's making shit up to try to relate it to what I posted.

Then you either need to learn how to quote or read what you posted. This was in your quote:

"I think nuclear is on the table. However the cost is major. I haven't done any work with a nuclear model in quite some time, but I'd say a program with multiple and exact specs for 20 or so reactors would be in the neighborhood of about $3-4T. Double that figure to upgrade the grid."

I have no desire to have any conversation with you. I'd rather be stuck in a thread with PI, at least he is consistent. You bootstrap in the most insane way.

Please read the link I provided a few posts up about disposing nuclear waste (the one from The Week).

I appreciate the link. And Frum's opinion is interesting, but I suspect he'd be a bit less cavalier about radiation if the nuclear plant was built behind his house. he doesn't ever address HOW nuclear waste gets transported...which was one of the huge issues in terms of nuclear power.

And no one has yet addressed the risks of another Three-Mile-Island

once those issues are resolved, i suspect a lot more people would accept the concept of nuclear energy, in theory.

until then, I wouldn't live next to a nuclear plant. would you?
Id live in one.

Power plants mean jobs and opportunity for Americans. So of course liberals will be against it We are now in the post racial, post prosperity age.
We are equal to trees and shit.

I see they took $2,000,000,000 out of the nuclear energy pool to fund the cash for clunkers extention...my question is why the nuclear power hate? It would get us off coal and stuff. Nuclear waste? Shoot it at the sun once or twice a year. Problem solved.

I live about 50 miles from Andrews Texas, and they're about to pick up all of your nuclear waste from New York to who-knows-where. Nearby is the aquifer that supplies the water for our town. In nearby Midland County we already have chronium in our water and it comes out green. It's nasty enough for Erin Brokovich to visit us.

All it takes is one failure at that disposal site. What good will the extra jobs be once we're drinking that stuff? Personally I think it's safer to use coal and oil than deal with depleted uranium.

Forum List

Back