Why do democrats hate nuclear power again?

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
I see they took $2,000,000,000 out of the nuclear energy pool to fund the cash for clunkers extention...my question is why the nuclear power hate? It would get us off coal and stuff. Nuclear waste? Shoot it at the sun once or twice a year. Problem solved.

Do they? the obamalama is going to build two new nulear energy plants in India! I think the just don't want us to have any so we get to pay "cap and trade"

Because their tree hugging, whale watching, animal loving, environmental wacko extremely liberal friends, who donate so much money to the Democratic rift-raft says they don't want nuclear power plants. That's why.

becasue they are spooked by anything but horse and buggy and it took a while for em to get used to that. just push the bastards outa the way and get things done.

Because they're NeoMarxists and they're doing more damage to our infrastructure than a Soviet first strike ever could.

There are Soviet war planners in the Ukraine laughing themselves silly that they spent all that time and effort trying to devise a nuclear strike plan to destroy our infrastructure when all they had to do was back the DNC.

Our "Energy Policy" the past 30 years has been Economic Suicide.

Last edited:
I see they took $2,000,000,000 out of the nuclear energy pool to fund the cash for clunkers extention...my question is why the nuclear power hate? It would get us off coal and stuff. Nuclear waste? Shoot it at the sun once or twice a year. Problem solved.

The fear things they dont understand.

where do we dump the waste? really? shoot It at the sun? are you mad? what would be the consequences? and then, how would we store it all and what about an accident?

I say, too risky. let some genius figure it all out. maybe/hopefully another energy source greater and cleaner than the nuclear process we currently understand will be developed.

where do we dump the waste? really? shoot It at the sun? are you mad? what would be the consequences? and then, how would we store it all and what about an accident?

Fearmonger.

Fearmonger.

I fear nuclear power. I am not advocating others go hog wild crazy in protest. I am not against nuclear medicine or other uses.

grow the fuck up you nitwit. :razz:

This is the dumbest position of the entire left, IMO. Nuclear is clean and safe. As safe or safer than anything else we have that can currently, surely and cleanly supply a huge chunk of our energy needs. Eletric transport is the future and it marries up perfectly with cheap, clean and safe nuclear power.

Black luing kills like 10,000 people a year.....I read that, I'm sure of it. It's the human death toll for coal energy. Every year.

How many died at Chernobyl? Like 4,000 total direct deaths. The worst nuclear disaster ever killed half as many people as coal mining, every year.

Shooting at the sun is out of the question right now. I asked that question long ago and the answer is no answer.

Managed storage is the answer. Mars might be the place to dump it sooner or later. The left will croak to hear me say that too, I'm sure.....OMG waste on Mars?!?

But until we find better and affordable ways, we can store it underground, keep it monitored and contained. It's not a problem. You just have to do it.

People are afraid of the waste because big corporations have a very long history of dumping shit all over the place and :eusa_whistle: while they walk away. That can't happen so people are afraid.

I say, too risky. let some genius figure it all out. maybe/hopefully another energy source greater and cleaner than the nuclear process we currently understand will be developed.

We already have a place to store it, and it is called Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Storage Site.

We don't even need to "shoot it at the sun" ... if that was even cost effective. We have a disposal facility ready which meets the highest standards known in the world, and wastes more money by not being used than if we used it. They fear it for two reasons, depending on which you talk to, morons who actually think Chernobyl is a 21st century US city, and those who actually want to have an excuse to tax us more for power since the current methods "are making too much pollution".

This is the dumbest position of the entire left, IMO. Nuclear is clean and safe. As safe or safer than anything else we have that can currently, surely and cleanly supply a huge chunk of our energy needs. Eletric transport is the future and it marries up perfectly with cheap, clean and safe nuclear power.

Black luing kills like 10,000 people a year.....I read that, I'm sure of it. It's the human death toll for coal energy. Every year.

How many died at Chernobyl?
Like 4,000 total direct deaths. The worst nuclear disaster ever killed half as many people as coal mining, every year.

Shooting at the sun is out of the question right now. I asked that question long ago and the answer is no answer.

Managed storage is the answer. Mars might be the place to dump it sooner or later. The left will croak to hear me say that too, I'm sure.....OMG waste on Mars?!?

But until we find better and affordable ways, we can store it underground, keep it monitored and contained. It's not a problem. You just have to do it.

People are afraid of the waste because big corporations have a very long history of dumping shit all over the place and :eusa_whistle: while they walk away. That can't happen so people are afraid.

At least you didn't cry about it like most. Fact is, even when the Chernobyl facility was running, it was poorly maintained and utilized ancient technology (compared to the time it was made). It's a very bad example to compare to the US. We have had no accidents since Three Mile and have had a few nuclear plants active since before then.

The truly odd thing is that the waste may someday serve a useful purpose, most of our waste we can now find uses for, nuclear just hasn't been allowed to expand enough to discover possible uses for it's waste.

We already have a place to store it, and it is called Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Storage Site.

There will never be any waste stored there. What a waste.

There are countries that are much less capable of doing this than us and they are already doing it.

They hate it because its carbon friendly, relatively inexpensive, and readily available. Oh yeah and its totally safe with modern technology.

No but seriously, the nuclear lobby doesn't give them any money so they dont support it. If they were like GE and gave tons of cash to the DNC and Obama admin then Nuke power would be the bee's knees for the dems.

They hate it because its carbon friendly, relatively inexpensive, and readily available. Oh yeah and its totally safe with modern technology.

No but seriously, the nuclear lobby doesn't give them any money so they dont support it. If they were like GE and gave tons of cash to the DNC and Obama admin then Nuke power would be the bee's knees for the dems.

Ouch! ... :razz:

I need to stop standing on the nail.

At least you didn't cry about it like most. Fact is, even when the Chernobyl facility was running, it was poorly maintained and utilized ancient technology (compared to the time it was made). It's a very bad example to compare to the US. We have had no accidents since Three Mile and have had a few nuclear plants active since before then.

The truly odd thing is that the waste may someday serve a useful purpose, most of our waste we can now find uses for, nuclear just hasn't been allowed to expand enough to discover possible uses for it's waste.

Not even comparing Chernobyl to the US, you're right. It's no comparison. And it still is nothing compared to what coal has cost us. Mining disasters alone have taken more people. Then you get into lung disease and that is an assured death toll, every year. We could kill 10,000 a year with radiation sickness before we caught up to coal dust.

And the real kicker? We've been no more than 9 minutes away from intentional nuclear annihilation for 50 years. And people are worried about this? :cuckoo:

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back