Why do Conservatives pretend like IV.A.6 of the Geneva Convention does not exist?

Why do Conservatives pretend like IV.A.6 of the Geneva Convention does not exist?

• They are stupid

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • They can't comprehend English

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are evil

• They've never actually read the damn thing

• Total voters
Criminals do not carry arms openly or wear uniforms either.

Yet they have the right to be tried for their crimes but apparently the guys in GITMO don't

How can we really tell the difference between a criminal, and a terrorist?

And how can anyone accused of terrorism defend themselves against that charge if they're not told what the charges are, aren't given legal council and never taken to trial?

The terrorists we're talking about aren't just criminals who are supporting a drug habit. They are committed to spreading jihad and conquering the western world.

That makes them a little different. They aren't pickpockets, retard.

Also, war crimes are different from illegally parking, or stealing someone's ride.

And how can anyone accused of terrorism defend themselves against that charge if they're not told what the charges are, aren't given legal council and never taken to trial?

This is what always bothered me about GITMO. I have no problem with coralling combatants and treating them like crap, but they do need a chance to have their cases heard.

This is what always bothered me about GITMO. I have no problem with coralling combatants and treating them like crap, but they do need a chance to have their cases heard.

Not according to the Party of Violence - Conservatives.

Why do liberals start wars and then always side with oppressive dictatorships?

liberals started the iraqi war...o do tell?

sometimes i think you wear that mask to keep me from smacking you upside the head....(now of course i mean no threat or bodily harm to ya) but a good smack upside the head might do ya good....
WWI

WWII

Korea

Vietnam

Iraq (Bush the DB is the biggest lib on the planent)

Wait! Didn't some liberal try to take credit for freeing us Jews from the Germans? :eusa_whistle:

"In the field, al-Qaida operatives worked in small groups that could go unnoticed and do as much damage as possible without compromising the other groups. They have often been compared to a hydra, the creature from Greek mythology that regenerated a new head each time a brave heroic warrior chopped one off. "
Hunting al-Qaida in Iraq

"When al-Qaida struck the United States on Sept. 11, Osama Bin Laden was far away in Afghanistan, safe in a hideout. Others killed and died for him. He hit us, but we couldn't hit him.

When the United States set out to punish Bin Laden, he hid behind the Taliban. Al-Qaida deserted its training camps, leaving U.S. pilots no obvious targets. On video, Bin Laden sat with a rifle and boasted of filling Americans with fear. In reality, he remained underground, leaving Afghan soldiers to kill and die for him. He had hit us, but we couldn't hit him.

Offensively, al-Qaida could hit the United States by targeting civilians rather than taking on the U.S. armed forces. Defensively, al-Qaida leaders could avoid retaliation by concealing their identities or locations. "In the past, we were used to dealing with armies and navies and air forces and ships and guns and tanks and planes," said Rumsfeld. "This adversary is different. It does not have any of those things. It does not have high-value targets that we can go after."
Bin Laden's asymmetrical demise. - By William Saletan - Slate Magazine

Why do you continue to babble about Al Qaeda when Al Qaeda members constitute a very tiny minority of those who were/are held at Gitmo? I never said that everyone at Gitmo was innocent, so I don't really see your point.

So says the man from the Party of Rendition. Agrees with the Neo-Cons, just doesn't have the balls to admit it.

The terrorists we're talking about aren't just criminals who are supporting a drug habit. They are committed to spreading jihad and conquering the western world.

Its not against the rules of war to have a commitment to something. Violation of the rules of war require actual physical acts - not merely convictions. Prove that Murat Kurnaz was a terrorist who did not follow the rules of war.

So says the man from the Party of Rendition. Agrees with the Neo-Cons, just doesn't have the balls to admit it.
I had no idea the Green Party supported rendition. Link please?

Its not against the rules of war to have a commitment to something. Violation of the rules of war require actual physical acts - not merely convictions. Prove that Murat Kurnaz was a terrorist who did not follow the rules of war.

That's your mistake. If I'm reading you correctly(and I am), then what you are saying is that someone who followed the "rules of war" shouldn't be punished. That indicates to me that you have a serious misunderstanding of war.

Why do liberals start wars and then always side with oppressive dictatorships?

As opposed to right wingers, who first side with oppressive dictatorships

images

and then start wars

child.jpg

???
'Right wingers' didn't start the war in iraq, Douche Bush and his lil democrat controlled senate did that.

That's your mistake. If I'm reading you correctly(and I am), then what you are saying is that someone who followed the "rules of war" shouldn't be punished. That indicates to me that you have a serious misunderstanding of war.

No, I'm saying that someone who has done nothing which is a violation of a law should be punished outside of any detention which is allowed under the rules of war. Prove that Murat Kurnaz violated any law.

Wait! Didn't some liberal try to take credit for freeing us Jews from the Germans? :eusa_whistle:
Show of hands, how many here think the USA would have gone to war to save Jews from Germans.

Beuller?

Anybody?

BTW, exactly how many Jews did the uSA save from Japan?

No, I'm saying that someone who has done nothing which is a violation of a law should be punished outside of any detention which is allowed under the rules of war. Prove that Murat Kurnaz violated any law.

I agree. He should have been shot immediately.

I agree. He should have been shot immediately.

Why? For being Muslim? Or for being German?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back