Why do Blacks vote Democrat?

Ok so im supposed to quit my job and go fishing so my family has food. Now who is going to pay the rent now that im not working? I dont make enough working to both pay the rent and buy food because my employeer doesnt pay a living wage. So which should i do food or rent? My sister has hepatitus c and cant work. Maybe 6 months from now shell get disability but what about food now. My mother has cancer and is retired shes not strong enough to fish or work or even walk. Her money pays the electric and water and medical. No one left to go fishing so i guess well just starve.
Your employer pays you what you are worth. If you want more pay, make yourself worth more.
Are you willing to pay a higher rent to ensure your landlord has enough money to meet his obligations?
They why should your employer pay you more because you lack the skills to earn enough to meet your obligations?
Dumb analogy. A landlord is not making you wealthy by charging you rent. I agree with your comment about making yourself more valuable though.

I guess that blacks or whites vote Democrat because of the freebies

Gimme, gimme, gimme, where is my Obama phone sort of thing! :dunno:

No, no, no

Its not freebies....Its low information voters

Thats the current conservative excuse....as in blacks are too dumb to know better
More insults. Conservatives think Blacks are too dumb to see reverse psychology. They also think Blacks are dumb enough to think Blacks were the only reason Obama was elected despite whites being the sole demographic below 50% n favor of a Black POTUS. The Asian, Latino, and other demographics voted Dem heavily but somehow dumb cons think it was Blacks.

It does appear that Blacks aren't aware of the Democratic Parties history...

The Democrats:

• Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it.
  • Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
  • Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
  • Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
  • Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
  • Democrats opposed educating blacks and murdered our teachers.
  • Democrats fought against anti-lynching laws.
  • Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well-known for having been a “Kleagle” in the Ku Klux Klan.
  • Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.
  • Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Republicans.
  • Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog” than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
  • Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.
  • Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Democrat of Alabama.
  • Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s choice for vice president in 1944 was Harry Truman, who had joined the Ku Klux Klan in Kansas City in 1922.
  • Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt resisted Republican efforts to pass a federal law against lynching.
  • Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt opposed integration of the armed forces.
  • Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
  • Democrats supported and backed Judge John Ferguson in the case of Plessy v Ferguson.
  • Democrats supported the School Board of Topeka Kansas in the case of Brown v The Board of Education of Topeka Kansas.
  • Democrat public safety commissioner Eugene “Bull” Connor, in Birmingham, Ala., unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators.
  • Democrats were who Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the other protesters were fighting.
  • Democrat Georgia Governor Lester Maddox “brandished an ax hammer to prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant.
  • Democrat Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963, declaring there would be segregation forever.
  • Democrat Arkansas Governor Faubus tried to prevent desegregation of Little Rock public schools.
  • Democrat Senator John F. Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights Act.
  • Democrat President John F. Kennedy opposed the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King.
  • Democrat President John F. Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI.
  • Democrat President Bill Clinton’s mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.
  • Democrat President Bill Clinton interned for J. William Fulbright in 1966-67.
  • Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright signed the Southern Manifesto opposing the Supreme Court’s 1954Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
  • Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright joined with the Dixiecrats in filibustering the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1964.
  • Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright voted against the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
  • Southern Democrats opposed desegregation and integration.

The Democrat Party VS the Republican Party Who is the True Champion of the Ending Slavery the Civil Rights Movement and the Black Community The Last Civil Right

Last edited:
How about the RNC chairman?

USATODAY.com - GOP We were wrong to play racial politics

""Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Mehlman's apology to the NAACP at the group's convention in Milwaukee marked the first time a top Republican Party leader has denounced the so-called Southern Strategy employed by Richard Nixon and other Republicans to peel away white voters in what was then the heavily Democratic South."

Now get your head out of your ass you fool.

"Those were the days when Reps were liberal and Dems were conservatives"

Prove this quote....you haven't so far .... umm... Knot Head .. :laugh:

Last edited:
varv04242008a.jpg

Blacks did switched over to the Democratic Party, no doubt..

The link is an interesting read...libs should like it...

Why Did Black Voters Flee The Republican Party In The 1960s Code Switch NPR

Black voters went to Democratic support in the 1930s. They bumped it up in '64 after the CRA was passed, but that votership had sailed way back with FDR three decades before.

Already documented that over a thousand posts ago. With graphs too.

Okay....

From the link...

Vincent Hutchings, a political scientist who studies voter patterns at the University of Michigan, says the first major shift in black party affiliation away from the Republican Party happened during the Depression. Franklin Roosevelt's second administration — led by the New Deal — made the Democrats a beacon for black Americans deeply affected by the crushing poverty that was plaguing the country.

Blacks did switched over to the Democratic Party, no doubt..

The link is an interesting read...libs should like it...

Black voters went to Democratic support in the 1930s. They bumped it up in '64 after the CRA was passed, but that votership had sailed way back with FDR three decades before.

Already documented that over a thousand posts ago. With graphs too.

Okay....

From the link...

Vincent Hutchings, a political scientist who studies voter patterns at the University of Michigan, says the first major shift in black party affiliation away from the Republican Party happened during the Depression. Franklin Roosevelt's second administration — led by the New Deal — made the Democrats a beacon for black Americans deeply affected by the crushing poverty that was plaguing the country.

Right. But your link keeps reading "in the 1960s". :dunno:
You can't flee something in the 1960s that you already fled in the 1930s. By the '60s FDR was long gone.

FDR and the New Deal basically incorporated the thrust of the "Progressive"' movement at the turn of the century, which dovetailed with the DP's absorption of the Populist movement around the same time, especially in William Jennings Bryan. Simultaneously the RP had shifted away from its Liberal beginnings to take on the interests of the rich and the corporations. That has a lot to do with the migration of not only blacks but Jews, Catholics, immigrants and women ("minorities" in general), to the DP.

Of course, since that reversal of the poles, the DP has followed suit of the RP and now they're both the party of the rich and the corporate, which is why I always call them "the two party" (singular). The DP has the advantage of historical illusion.

Last edited:
A ton of hours, a ton of laughs, a ton of electricity are all acceptable uses. The definition was provided for you but you are sticking to your guns and compounding your "assholeness", asshole. I suggest you slink away like a FakeSmarmy.
So, you must be a neighbor of RKBrown! Of course YOU accept it, you were raised with it just as some people were raised speaking ebonics...but really, think about it...a ton of hours? :lol:
Granted: Ton is a unit of weight. Granted Hours are weightless. An additional accepted definition is great amount.
Question: Have you ever heard the expression, "You're in a world
d of trouble"?

A ton of hours, a ton of laughs, a ton of electricity are all acceptable uses. The definition was provided for you but you are sticking to your guns and compounding your "assholeness", asshole. I suggest you slink away like a FakeSmarmy.
So, you must be a neighbor of RKBrown! Of course YOU accept it, you were raised with it just as some people were raised speaking ebonics...but really, think about it...a ton of hours? :lol:
Granted: Ton is a unit of weight. Granted Hours are weightless. An additional accepted definition is great amount.
d of trouble"?
Will you hill billies just leave me alone....? Yawwnnnnnn!

d of trouble"?
blackman_crying.jpg

d of trouble"?
blackman_crying.jpg
He is probably crying because he has to work with YOU!

Forum List

Back