why do Blacks use welfare at 6 times the rate of Whites?

It could have something to do with Non equality for so long in this country. You do realize we are the only race IN THIS COUNTRY who were slaves here. It takes a long long time to turn that off and just 50 years ago, we couldn't even vote. We couldn't eat where we wanted, was always the last to be hired etc etc...Again, there are so many repercussions of our own past and it takes time.

There are so many black upper/middle class people now. It takes time for this to increase but it has increased even in my lifetime.

Before you start, of course you didnt own slaves. I guarantee you though, someone in your past benefited from blacks being slaves/someone taking advantage of blacks in your family's history. Again, it takes time and we are too close to the changes made fairly recently. I am a middle class black man who's daughter is in college. No one in my family is on welfare but I know a few of their parents who were. Things are getting better as time passes but again, in my life time, SO MUCH HAS CHANGED.

The future looks so damn good for Blacks.
The future does indeed look good, if your family becomes a role model.

I'm apparently a lot older than you, so I have a perspective you lack. When I was a kid, blacks actually had a lower percentage of divorce and single parent homes than whites. They were hard working ethical people. Somewhere in the mid 60's that turned around to the point where many young black men, in stead of providing for their families, have 2, 3 or more "baby mommies", all raising children that have a less than even chance of joining the middle class. Kudos to your parents for not falling, or allowing you to fall into that trap.
We can sit here and argue all day about what caused the disintegration of the black family. I have my opinion, but I don't want to argue that point here.
Suffice it to say, had the events that took place starting in the early to mid 60's not happened, far more of your race would be in the position you find yourself.
If as I posit, the events of the last 50 years caused this dramatic disintegration, your attempt to blame the plight of blacks on slavery and/or Jim Crow fall far short.
As far as my family, interestingly enough, I did recently find (only) one source that claimed my mother's family did own 3 house slaves at some point before the revolution. This man, had apparently freed his slaves by 1790.

As a side note, He was the only person to sign the Declaration of Independence, The Articles of Confederation and the US Constitution.

You are exactly who I am talking about. You actually believe the 60's were the good ol days. They may have been for you, but not us. There were very few middle class and even less upper class blacks back then compaired to now. That in itself proves my point. We are doing much much better now.

Those are not good ol days for us. You see what you want to see now but I dont.

AGain...no one in my family or circle of black friends are on or even close to welfare. I will repeat...YOU SEE WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE.

you deny that blacks are over represented as welfare recipients, criminals and the under educated because you arent? perhaps you could prove men arent bigger and more aggressive than women because you have a big assed aunt that likes to kick butt too.

no sense in looking at data when we can just ask you

like many others in the 70's I thought blacks would rapidly rise up to equality in achievement given half a chance. the last 40 years has disabused me of that sentiment. there are many more factors involved than racism.

why do Blacks use welfare at 6 times the rate of Whites?
Because whites make 20X as much money as blacks do?

I am a bit sceptical of your numbers but why do you think blacks earn less money than whites?

Just goes to show you what a horrific institution slavery and Jim Crow..actually were.

Poverty like wealth is inherited. Two fold if you live in a country that regards skin color as a basis for intellect, ability, integrity and merit.

a vote for racism and lack of opportunity. you have a valid point. would you care to give your opinion on how much of the problem is directly related to racism etc compared to the other factors?

164 of years of slavery and about 3 or so more decades of Jim Crow is suddenly wiped out by 26 or so years of "equality".

Man you guys stink at math.:lol:

I pretty much agree with what you are saying. However, from years of dealing with Blacks, I have come to the conclusion that there is little we can do to change their situation. It honestly has gotten to the point that they must do for themselves. What this all boils down to is for blacks to take advantage of the educational opportunities they have. Yes, they are discriminated, still to this day, but they have to have the will to overcome. While they, as an ethnic group, have more going against them than any other ethnic group has, they still have to step up to the plate. Jews, Poles, Irish, Italians, and many others have faced discrimination in this country, but they overcame, and they did it by taking advantage of our free education system.

My wife and I raised her half nephew, who happened to be half black. As he got older, despite being given every opportunity, he turned toward the dark side, no pun intended. He dropped out of school, ended up in prison, now has fathered two kids by two different women, and the story of the average black male continues on. Honestly, I just don't get it.

ever been to Central America? A good portion of the folks there live in Garifuna communities and do fine self sustaining. Fabulous cooks many of them have restaurants or sell food in tourism areas.

ever been to Central America? A good portion of the folks there live in Garifuna communities and do fine self sustaining. Fabulous cooks many of them have restaurants or sell food in tourism areas.

So they do better than Blacks in America how? has there ever been any Blacks in those countries that have become President?

tank often (bluntly) brings up points that are germaine to the discussion but many politely ignore because of an ingrained aversion to 'blaming the victim'. but you cant solve the equation without looking at ALL the variables.

swedish immigration is mostly middle eastern. I was pointing out an example of how diferent value systems can clash.

your link from England is interesting. I think it is unfortunate that many black communities suffer from excess crime and the extra policing that would be very useful for the ordinary good citizens is seen as police racism and intimidation, at least in the media. no win situation for the police, all lose situation for those who could more protection.
What I took away from that article was a little different. I'm not really concerned about how protected British white folks may be from blacks.

What struck me is how current racial prejudices still factor into poverty levels amongst the demographics in question, and how the long term social disadvantages combined with that can possibly be the entire reason for what we see. The only other possible factor is racial inferiority....and from the standpoint of a former Anthropology major....that's not possible.

I'm sorry that I didnt explain myself more clearly. majority minority communities often have both more perps and more victims. increased policing commiserate with the amount of crime would benifit potential victims but at the 'cost' of directing more policing at potential minority criminals. is this a reasonable trade off or should the dominant society just accept that certain areas have a different set of values and ignore the discrepancies?

as an anthropology student you believe that humans develope different physical traits and behavioural traits for different conditions but somehow brain characteristics wereleft unchanged. it is interesting how political correctness has corrupted logical conclusions.
Brain characteristics???????.......there is no general genetic difference between the brains of any homo sapiens from a standpoint of itellectual inferiority or superiority.

Political correctness has nothing to do with accepted facts. Where did you hear that the brains of some races have quantitative or qualitative differences relating to intellectual ability?

What I took away from that article was a little different. I'm not really concerned about how protected British white folks may be from blacks.

What struck me is how current racial prejudices still factor into poverty levels amongst the demographics in question, and how the long term social disadvantages combined with that can possibly be the entire reason for what we see. The only other possible factor is racial inferiority....and from the standpoint of a former Anthropology major....that's not possible.

I'm sorry that I didnt explain myself more clearly. majority minority communities often have both more perps and more victims. increased policing commiserate with the amount of crime would benifit potential victims but at the 'cost' of directing more policing at potential minority criminals. is this a reasonable trade off or should the dominant society just accept that certain areas have a different set of values and ignore the discrepancies?

as an anthropology student you believe that humans develope different physical traits and behavioural traits for different conditions but somehow brain characteristics wereleft unchanged. it is interesting how political correctness has corrupted logical conclusions.
Brain characteristics???????.......there is no general genetic difference between the brains of any homo sapiens from a standpoint of itellectual inferiority or superiority.

Political correctness has nothing to do with accepted facts. Where did you hear that the brains of some races have quantitative or qualitative differences relating to intellectual ability?

inferiority/superiority are not valid terms here because they are value judgments. brains differ in size and shape racially. they also differ measurably in functioning. racial groups also differ genetically which of course is the cause of differing physical and behavioural traits. I thought you said you studied anthropology?

inferiority/superiority are not valid terms here because they are value judgments. brains differ in size and shape racially. they also differ measurably in functioning. racial groups also differ genetically which of course is the cause of differing physical and behavioural traits. I thought you said you studied anthropology?
I'm interested in the credible study that proves that racially specific genetic adpatations cause certain racially specific and identifyable "behavioral" traits.

I would also like to see any credible studies that coorelate cranial capacity and brain size with "functionability measurements" IN HOMO SAPIENS today.

I'm not aware of any credible studies on the matter coroborating your assertions. And please, include studies done by credible acedemicians that also publish the studty data and criteria in great detail....no op eds please.

btw....just so you know.....in physical Anthropology courses...they do not focus on things like the differences between blacks and whites in the USA.

And the reason I still suspect you of racism, is because a non racist would have asked the question "how can we rid the welfare system of chronic manipulators"....instead of "why do Blacks use welfare at 6 times the rate of Whites?"....there is a big tell in that question. There are more whites on welfare than any other demographic. Those very same inbred welfare collecting racist hicks that infest trailer parks all over the country would probably would take your side in this.....does that worry you?.....the KKK and skinheads would take your side too......I would really be bothered by that reality.

Last edited:
I bet you think blacks were enslaved because of their skin color

Forum List

Back