why do Blacks use welfare at 6 times the rate of Whites?

Characteristics and Financial Circumstances - FY 2008

actually it is more than 6 times but that is nitpicking. why are blacks so vulnerable to being incapable of taking care of themselves? the numbers for using govt handout programs are even more skewed. why do so many blacks settle for a marginal parasitic lifestyle?

why do so many blacks fail to acquire lifeskills necessary for middleclass living? is it capability, substandard values and culture or is it just racism and lack of opportunity?

has affirmative action run into the brick wall of human capital? is it possible to drag more blacks into the middleclass by handing out more govt and AA jobs to underqualified minorities or have we reached the point of diminished returns?
This is caused by long term social disadvatnges typical of demographic groups that start out enslaved then are discriminated against and disempowered by their former masters.

It's the same all over the world with demographics of similar experience.

OK, another vote for racism and lack of opportunity. do you think the social programs now in place are doing a good job? should we stay the course or try to find more competent ways of uplifting blacks and ameliorating dysfunctional cultural artifacts of past discrimination? which might presumably be cheaper than the 'slavery tax' we are paying to support an underclass. do you think it is possible to shrink the black underclass to a size that is more in line with other races?

164 of years of slavery and about 3 or so more decades of Jim Crow is suddenly wiped out by 26 or so years of "equality".

Man you guys stink at math.:lol:

do you totally discount the studies that show correlation between acquisition of useable skills and outcomes? similarly qualified members of any race tend to have similar outcomes.

What "useable" skill set do you get from total subjugation? This ought to be interesting.

there are lots of middleclass blacks so it obviously can be done. what subjugation are you talking about? you either work at acquiring useable skills or you dont. there are lots of white kids who throw away their opportunities but it is much more common with black kids. why, and what can be done?

Just goes to show you what a horrific institution slavery and Jim Crow..actually were.

Poverty like wealth is inherited. Two fold if you live in a country that regards skin color as a basis for intellect, ability, integrity and merit.

Get the fuck over it already! Slavery has been over for a hundred and fifty years. Take some personal responsibility for once in your miserable life. Demand it of others!
Slavery ended, but the Jinm Crow south was there by legislative mandate. How is it so many Conservatives want to ignore that era? Probably because they not only supported it but are responsible for the legislation that started it in the first place.

And responders, please note I said Conservatives. I'm referring to the political ideology, not a specific political party.

So, Jim Crow cut the American Black's collective knees off. No chance for Blacks to become successful and build the necessary networks to bring others along.

All because of racism, and then the stupid and lurid defense of state's rights.

do you totally discount the studies that show correlation between acquisition of useable skills and outcomes? similarly qualified members of any race tend to have similar outcomes.

What "useable" skill set do you get from total subjugation? This ought to be interesting.

there are lots of middleclass blacks so it obviously can be done. what subjugation are you talking about? you either work at acquiring useable skills or you dont. there are lots of white kids who throw away their opportunities but it is much more common with black kids. why, and what can be done?

That middle class is the result of programs like Affirmative Action, PELL, BEOG, SEEK and many other outreach initiatives meant to educate people who are in dire straits financially.

Last edited:
If you think blacks are doing poorly in America, check out the rest of the world

On average low IQ's

I must admit I am of the opinion that lower average intelligence is a major factor in disparate racial outcomes. but I am not sure that it is the only factor, or that we should just stop looking for effective ways to improve the lives of minorities. tying affirmative action to actual effort and accomplishment may be able to have a strong positive effect on improving dysfunctional culture.

How come many white business owners won't hire a black person?

Why is the Republican Party 90% white?

Interesting questions.

On average low IQ's

I must admit I am of the opinion that lower average intelligence is a major factor in disparate racial outcomes. but I am not sure that it is the only factor, or that we should just stop looking for effective ways to improve the lives of minorities. tying affirmative action to actual effort and accomplishment may be able to have a strong positive effect on improving dysfunctional culture.
Also high testosterone levels don't help either.

Just goes to show you what a horrific institution slavery and Jim Crow..actually were.

Poverty like wealth is inherited. Two fold if you live in a country that regards skin color as a basis for intellect, ability, integrity and merit.

My folks lived in poverty and I'm not poor now.

My wife's mother worked in the fields in Alabama during the Great Depression. She had 12 kids that lived. My wife left home when she was 12 and got married, got the crap beat out of her by two husbands, but when I met her she was making $120,000 a year.

I think each person answers to their own actions.

Blacks have control over their own lives and their own futures. It would help if the political party that they support actually did something to get them on the same level as everyone else, but they don't.

Being black in predominantly black communities means living off the government and just waiting for someone to help you. Black themed movies are made of winning the lottery because that's what so many of them hope for. The negativity they are immersed in permeates every facet of their lives.

The only way blacks can be successful is by playing by the same rules everyone else does and working hard. That means leaving the neighborhoods they grew up in and moving out into the rest of American society. As long as they hang together most of them will suffer. Perhaps Obama is offering them hope in one way. They can imagine now that the color of their skin isn't the road-block they thought it was.

Last edited:

Get the fuck over it already! Slavery has been over for a hundred and fifty years. Take some personal responsibility for once in your miserable life. Demand it of others!
Slavery ended, but the Jinm Crow south was there by legislative mandate. How is it so many Conservatives want to ignore that era? Probably because they not only supported it but are responsible for the legislation that started it in the first place.

And responders, please note I said Conservatives. I'm referring to the political ideology, not a specific political party.

So, Jim Crow cut the American Black's collective knees off. No chance for Blacks to become successful and build the necessary networks to bring others along.

All because of racism, and then the stupid and lurid defense of state's rights.
soooo racism causes STDs ?? Silly me.... I thought unprotected sex with anything that moves did ........:confused:

164 of years of slavery and about 3 or so more decades of Jim Crow is suddenly wiped out by 26 or so years of "equality".

Man you guys stink at math.:lol:

I honestly don't know .....Maybe the Jew's can tell you !!:doubt:

How come many white business owners won't hire a black person?

Why is the Republican Party 90% white?

Interesting questions.
why are a disproportionate number of blacks being given cushy government job's ?? why are 90% of blacks democrats ??

actually it is more than 6 times but that is nitpicking. why are blacks so vulnerable to being incapable of taking care of themselves? the numbers for using govt handout programs are even more skewed. why do so many blacks settle for a marginal parasitic lifestyle?

why do so many blacks fail to acquire lifeskills necessary for middleclass living? is it capability, substandard values and culture or is it just racism and lack of opportunity?

has affirmative action run into the brick wall of human capital? is it possible to drag more blacks into the middleclass by handing out more govt and AA jobs to underqualified minorities or have we reached the point of diminished returns?
This is caused by long term social disadvatnges typical of demographic groups that start out enslaved then are discriminated against and disempowered by their former masters.

OK, another vote for racism and lack of opportunity. do you think the social programs now in place are doing a good job? should we stay the course or try to find more competent ways of uplifting blacks and ameliorating dysfunctional cultural artifacts of past discrimination? which might presumably be cheaper than the 'slavery tax' we are paying to support an underclass. do you think it is possible to shrink the black underclass to a size that is more in line with other races?
What I wrote is not "another vote for racism and lack of opportunity"....though I'm not even sure what that means to be honest. It sounds like veiled racism to me.

I'm also not sure what social programs you're referring to. If you're referring to welfare...it needs further reforms, and those reforms will need Democrats to lay off of undoing the Clinton reforms. If you're referring to affrimative action...It should be scrapped whenever a protected demographic shows stats that are in sync with the national averages, not before...especially just because you got mad at black firefighters getting hired over whites who scored higher on tests.

Blacks are never going to feel uplifted as long as you are criticizing them for being dysfunctional and berating them for the social disadvantages a dissproportianate number of them still face, in spite of the foolsih notion that everything is a-okay now that the CRA passed in the 60's.

Based on the intellectually repulsive nature of your posts on this subject...I'd advise againt your being involved in shrinking the black underclass to a size that is more in line with other races. You sound less than understanding and woefully out of range of a cogent and constructive attitude about the black experience.

Last edited:

has affirmative action run into the brick wall of human capital? is it possible to drag more blacks into the middleclass by handing out more govt and AA jobs to underqualified "minorities or have we reached the point of diminished returns?

"You do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line of a race and then say, "you are free to compete with all the others," and still justly believe that you have been completely fair."

That's Lyndon Johnson, saying the same thing. Nearly 50 years ago!

Blacks' opportunities in America are limited only by their own abilities. Half a century after affirmative action began it's time to stop making excuses.

has affirmative action run into the brick wall of human capital? is it possible to drag more blacks into the middleclass by handing out more govt and AA jobs to underqualified "minorities or have we reached the point of diminished returns?

"You do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line of a race and then say, "you are free to compete with all the others," and still justly believe that you have been completely fair."

Blacks' opportunities in America are limited only by their own abilities. Half a century after affirmative action began it's time to stop making excuses.

Says who? 1776 to 1968 seems to be longer than 50 years.

Says who? 1776 to 1968 seems to be longer than 50 years.

can't fool you for long, huh?

While I think it is foolish to state that racism is gone and not something we need to be concerned with anymore...I think its equally foolish to blame the problems facing the African American community solely at the feet of white people.

The marriage rate of African Americans was, if I'm not mistaken, as good as, if not stronger than the white population in the decades following the Civil War (yes, I know I should link...but I am just chatting now, if the conversation continues I'll try to find that data). It did not begin its fall until the entitlement programs of the 60's...in my opinion, right around the time we began telling the black community that a) white people were to blame for all their problems and b) they would never ever be able to make anything of themselves without white people's help.

While I agree that in the 60's, the problems of the black community were largely those caused by the racism and ignorance of white Americans...I do not think that is largely the case today. I do think, however, that we are still telling the black community that unless they are helped by the "ruling class" they can not make it on their own because they are too oppressed.

When 70% of children are born in single-mother families, when so many of those families are not financially stable, when so many of these people know nothing else but reliance on government programs to survive through MULTIPLE generations, when their children are faced with poor role models, failing schools and consistently lowered expectations....no one should be surprised that the community is in trouble.

I feel strongly, however, that white racism - in the way some here have suggested (that is, the evil white republican not wanting to hire the black man), is NOT the problem anymore...and instead, far more hurtful has been the government-sponsored culture of "don't worry about it, you are facing far too much racism from evil whites to ever stand a chance of making it on your own...let us take care of you...and your children...and their children...all you need to do is vote for us."

Forum List

Back