Why do blacks tolerate black comedians, such as on BET?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
A question I've long pondered: Black comedians who denegrate the black race, RIGHT IN FRONT of masses of black people!!!

Now, we hear this nightly from black comics on TV:

- Black people are always late to work
- Black people always pay their bills late
- Black people always have bad credit
- Black people love to smoke weed
- Black people beat their children
- Black people have horrible tempers
- Black people love to yell at their boss at work
- Black people love to take extended lunch breaks
- Black people are quick to become violent with a person if provoked
- Black people love to have rampant premarital sex
- Black men have many kids by different women
- Black women have many kids by different men

And the list goes on and on.

And black people LAUGH at it!!! Why? Well, people only laugh at jokes if there is some truth to it. For example, if someone said "Germans are so unorganized" or "Asian people are so horrible at math, am I right haha" or someone said "Mexican immigrants are so picky about what kind of work they'll take aren't they"................no one would laugh, they'd just look at them funny.

But make one of the above black jokes, especially when comparing it to the white counterpart behavior, and you'll be a BET star!!!!

Black people- why do you tolerate people of your own race trashing you so badly, and even laugh at it? After all.........those jokes aren't accurate, right?

Dude, David Duke called and he wants his copy of Mein Kampf back.

Why would you say that to me? I want this racist broadcasting on TV to stop. It's wrong that black men get up there and spew all those FALSE accusations against blacks. I don't know why people even laugh at them, they aren't accurate.

So............why are they tolerated? Why aren't blacks in an outrage to get Kat Williams, the Kings of Comedy, Martin Lawrence, Chris Rock, and all other black comedians who trash the black race off the air?

OK, I'll play. You're right, the hypocrisy exists. This isn't new news. The word "******" is a term of endearment don't you know? I was just having fun with you a little.

A question I've long pondered: Black comedians who denegrate the black race, RIGHT IN FRONT of masses of black people!!!

And black people LAUGH at it!!! Why? Well, people only laugh at jokes if there is some truth to it. For example, if someone said "Germans are so unorganized" or "Asian people are so horrible at math, am I right haha" or someone said "Mexican immigrants are so picky about what kind of work they'll take aren't they"................no one would laugh, they'd just look at them funny.

But make one of the above black jokes, especially when comparing it to the white counterpart behavior, and you'll be a BET star!!!!

Black people- why do you tolerate people of your own race trashing you so badly, and even laugh at it? After all.........those jokes aren't accurate, right?
You don't need to do this on BET...Chappelle did a lot of the same kinds of jokes on Comedy Central for a couple of seasons.

Dude.... its called comedy for a reason.

I dont particularly like it, but whatev.... Chris Rock blasts racist shit at whitey all the time too.... in fact alot of black comics rip on whites, but so what! Dont watch them... turn the freekin channel!
It works for me all the time....

Now Dave Chappel, that my N..... nevermind :eusa_shhh:

OK, I'll play. You're right, the hypocrisy exists. This isn't new news. The word "******" is a term of endearment don't you know? I was just having fun with you a little.

So are those stereotypes untrue? Or are their audiences stupid and laughing for no reason?

And why is that hypocrisy allowed to exist? Is the white race forever held in damnation for the slavery that WE also ended, while it STILL exists in many places of Africa today? Are blacks allowed to make racial comedy, while whites are forbidden? I could have a LOT of great jokes pointing out differences in whites and blacks. But I'd be labeled a racist.

Kramer yelled ****** at a comedy show and is tarnished forever. Kat Williams does it, and he's rich as a result.

Until blacks come to terms with this hypocrisy, race relations will never improve.

Dude.... its called comedy for a reason.

I dont particularly like it, but whatev.... Chris Rock blasts racist shit at whitey all the time too.... in fact alot of black comics rip on whites, but so what! Dont watch them... turn the freekin channel!
It works for me all the time....

Now Dave Chappel, that my N..... nevermind :eusa_shhh:

Oh ok, I see.

So that list of black jokes........there is in fact a bit of truth to it. Blacks do tend to show a lot of those traits........which is why it's kinda funny when comics say it? Yep. They say whites can't dance and we let our kids walk all over us......and thats usually kinda true.

I don't know what to tell you. But I can tell you that there are a lot more important things to get in a twist about. As far Chris Rock goes, he's very brutal to his homies when it comes to stereotypical jokes. He kind of evens it out a bit. But Kramer, well, he wasn't making a joke, he was getting mad so that is a bit different eventhough the damage caused to him was completely over the top.

Because its funny! Exhibit A:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRwK_XVfm0I&feature=related[/ame]

Oh ok, I see.

So that list of black jokes........there is in fact a bit of truth to it. Blacks do tend to show a lot of those traits........which is why it's kinda funny when comics say it? Yep. They say whites can't dance and we let our kids walk all over us......and thats usually kinda true.

Heard any good redneck jokes lately?

My bro's and I rip on eachother all the time... some are black, some are hispanic, and a couple of them are asian... we only rip on our friends, and we mean nothing by it. I would think something was wrong if I wasnt picked on for being a white honkey cracker, but when the shit hits the fan, we are there for eachother.
Kind of like after Sept 11th.... we all came together as Americans. Not as particular races, but Americans (didnt last very long) but most of us stood arm in arm. Thats whats important.

Everyone is being "trained" to laugh at the "other" through the televised media....even if the "other" is a member of your own community. It isn't always an organized effort but even Blacks don't think of themselves as "one kind of person". Most Blacks do pay their bills on time and do not have a high regard for the kind of behavior and habits depicted in your list of one liners. This may come as a shock to you but most Blacks do not smoke pot or fuck everything that moves. They laugh at those "others" like you would laugh at Gomer Pile.

Whites are bombarded with a far more sinister stereotype backed up with canned laughter on almost every sitcom. You are being trained to accept a defeatist life. The main plot to the average sitcom is "we are all fucked, don't fight it"...(canned laughter) Isn't it a hoot?

Don't worry they give it to us crackers 10 fold!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iau-e6HfOg0&feature=related[/ame]

Why do blacks tolerate black comedians, such as on BET?

Ohh about the same reason the right wingers tolerate things such as thi[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYZre8kEsuw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYZre8kEsuw[/ame]s?

Dude, David Duke called and he wants his copy of Mein Kampf back.

I think Buc is wrong, but how in any way do you make a leap he is a KKK Nazi type for thinking its wrong for Blacks to rip so hard on themselves?

Well, it works like this:

They can tell us that we are forbidden from making fun of or pointing out shortcomings in certain races. Ok. They are right. We should be beyond that.

But if individuals among their own race make the same insensitive remarks.....and we remind them that it is wrong, like they said, then we are KKK Nazis.

See how that works?

i enjoy black comics for the same reason i enjoy white comics..they make me laugh

LOL, but Black comedic seem to be the best:

Eddie Murphy, my all time favorite (nothing better than raw):
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SniOXFhwIZ8[/ame]

Richard Pryor is a close second:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kHxLcCuGFo&feature=related[/ame]

David Chapel - Da Funny Black Muslim! I love him:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLdim8hWR44[/ame]

I love DL Hugley
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhK4mBOuks0&feature=related[/ame]

Red Fox is the KING!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVHgRJspS7k&feature=related[/ame]

Once again, Chris Rock:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDt9G3tIxEw[/ame]

Not too many White, Asian, Muslim, Jewish, Latino or Anything touch these guys!

Forum List

Back