Why Do Blacks Dislike Jews?

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
One of my co-workers who is black said it was because Jews own most of the housing in the inner cities . Typically what we call 'The Projects'. According to this NYT article, it is much a deeper for of racism

-Geaux
==================

Negroes Are Anti-Semitic Because They're Anti-White (1967)

When we were growing up in Harlem our demoralizing series of landlords were Jewish, and we hated them. We hated them because they were terrible landlords, and did not take care of the building. A coat of paint, a broken window, a stopped sink, a stopped toilet, a sagging floor, a broken ceiling, a dangerous stairwell, the question of garbage disposal, the question of heat and cold, of roaches and rats--all questions of life and death for the poor, and especially for those with children--we had to cope with all of these as best we could. Our parents were lashed to futureless jobs, in order to pay the outrageous rent. We knew that the landlord treated us this way only because we were colored, and he knew that we could not move out.

The grocer was a Jew, and being in debt to him was very much like being in debt to the company store. The butcher was a Jew and, yes, we certainly paid more for bad cuts of meat than other New York citizens, and we very often carried insults home, along with the meat. We bought our clothes from a Jew and, sometimes, our secondhand shoes, and the pawnbroker was a Jew--perhaps we hated him most of all. The merchants along 125th Street were Jewish--at least many of them were; I don't know if Grant's or Woolworth's are Jewish names--and I well remember that it was only after the Harlem riot of 1935 that Negroes were allowed to earn a little money in some of the stores where they spent so much.

Not all of these white people were cruel--on the contrary, I remember some who were certainly as thoughtful as the bleak circumstances allowed--but all of them were exploiting us, and that was why we hated them.

Negroes Are Anti-Semitic Because They're Anti-White

The article cited in the OP was very interesting.

I have heard the same complaints before.

I respectfully disagree with the thread title, however.

I do not feel that it reflects the views of many African Americans in 2018.

I believe that many African Americans who know about the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s are grateful to the Jewish people who supported the movement.

1. Here in Los Angeles, for example, Jewish people were instrumental in pushing for busing. That is to say, students from predominately African American schools were bused to predominately Caucasian schools.

2. Of those three young men who were murdered in the state of Mississippi during the movement, one of them was a young man of the Jewish faith.

Forum List

Back