Why do Black and White teens get along better than adults?

Young people are shifting gears man! They like each other.

I think things are better but I would not go so far as you do in the OP. I think that we need to see what happens when they are separated after high school and college.

why do they need to be separated? why cant they remain friends? it does happen and increasingly more than in the past due to social media

I think things are better but I would not go so far as you do in the OP. I think that we need to see what happens when they are separated after high school and college.

why do they need to be separated? why cant they remain friends? it does happen and increasingly more than in the past due to social media
Its a true test to see if they pick up racist ideology after being separated. My daughter plays volleyball. Now that the season is over she doesnt hang around any of the "white" white girls. They are just cordial to each other.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Who said they needed to be separated? The fact of life is most of them will be separated after high school and we need to see how things go at that time..

I think the OP is living in a fantasy world

I think I see the fantasy world in your signature there. Absolutely kids of different races get along with each other, I have tried to mention this before on these threads as it being the one real hope for our country. But racists always want to minimalize that for one reason or another. Kids have no reasons to hate each other unless they are receiving direct input from parents telling them how to pre-judge someone else. I grew up in a multi- ethnic environment, and as a white kid I experienced direct racism, yet at the same time I could easily see the difference between the adults and the other kids I grew up with. It's only natural for kids to get along, there's no fantasy there.

I think I see the fantasy world in your signature there. Absolutely kids of different races get along with each other, I have tried to mention this before on these threads as it being the one real hope for our country. But racists always want to minimalize that for one reason or another. Kids have no reasons to hate each other unless they are receiving direct input from parents telling them how to pre-judge someone else. I grew up in a multi- ethnic environment, and as a white kid I experienced direct racism, yet at the same time I could easily see the difference between the adults and the other kids I grew up with. It's only natural for kids to get along, there's no fantasy there.

What kind of racism did you experience?

I had a chicano step father when I grew up in San Bernardino ca.until I was about 10, He had issues with white people in general and had spent time in jail. To give you the short of it all, I grew up with his overbearing opinions and sometimes abuse. I grew up with low self esteem for who I was but it took me a long time to really figure it out, people just figured I was shy but it was more than that. My mother was a bit confused, but I never held it against her, I got a brother and sister out of it. But oh yeah, when this guy was dying from kidney failure in the hospital years later.. he told my little brother.. his own kid ,"to get away from me white boy" I'll admit he was not your typical and a real piece of work.... there were other people in his family who were nice, but I got a good taste of what I consider racism.

I had a chicano step father when I grew up in San Bernardino ca.until I was about 10, He had issues with white people in general and had spent time in jail. To give you the short of it all, I grew up with his overbearing opinions and sometimes abuse. I grew up with low self esteem for who I was but it took me a long time to really figure it out, people just figured I was shy but it was more than that. My mother was a bit confused, but I never held it against her, I got a brother and sister out of it. But oh yeah, when this guy was dying from kidney failure in the hospital years later.. he told my little brother.. his own kid ,"to get away from me white boy" I'll admit he was not your typical and a real piece of work.... there were other people in his family who were nice, but I got a good taste of what I consider racism.

Do you understand why your step father might have had a problem with white people? Or do you want to ignore the possibility? .

Do you understand why your step father might have had a problem with white people? Or do you want to ignore the possibility? .

So you want to think a 7 year old kid should be concerned with why his step father has a problem with white people? And what conclusion should I have come to? we all have perspective based on our life experiences. You have yours, but I have different conclusions based on my own experiences. I've seen Mexicans be quite discriminatory against other Mexicans based on God knows what. He was terrible to some of the guys he used to hire to work for him who were also illegals because they were illiterate... Ive heard Mexicans say the shittiest things about black people when I was a kid, crap talked about whites.. about my biological father... and at the time none of it made sense. You know why? because racism is bull shit and it doesn't make any good sense. I don't believe in guilt by race and I base this on my own personal experience. You don't think I've had time to consider why He had a problem with white people? you think I wouldn't consider when Ive had a life time to think about everything? If I don't come to the same conclusions as you however, I cant help you there because you've had your own experience with white people so you live with that then. My conclusion is that there are some people in this world who love to pick on and discriminate against others, and race provides a pretty good opportunity for them. But I don't believe the color of someones skin predetermines them to anything... its only in the way they get brought up and in the way they choose to face the world that determines whether they are going to be a racist or not. I know you disagree, and I get the whole 400 year debt whites have to pay. But Im sorry. I see the world the way I see it and I cant change that one bit.

So you want to think a 7 year old kid should be concerned with why his step father has a problem with white people? And what conclusion should I have come to? we all have perspective based on our life experiences. You have yours, but I have different conclusions based on my own experiences. I've seen Mexicans be quite discriminatory against other Mexicans based on God knows what. He was terrible to some of the guys he used to hire to work for him who were also illegals because they were illiterate... Ive heard Mexicans say the shittiest things about black people when I was a kid, crap talked about whites.. about my biological father... and at the time none of it made sense. You know why? because racism is bull shit and it doesn't make any good sense. I don't believe in guilt by race and I base this on my own personal experience. You don't think I've had time to consider why He had a problem with white people? you think I wouldn't consider when Ive had a life time to think about everything? If I don't come to the same conclusions as you however, I cant help you there because you've had your own experience with white people so you live with that then. My conclusion is that there are some people in this world who love to pick on and discriminate against others, and race provides a pretty good opportunity for them. But I don't believe the color of someones skin predetermines them to anything... its only in the way they get brought up and in the way they choose to face the world that determines whether they are going to be a racist or not. I know you disagree, and I get the whole 400 year debt whites have to pay. But Im sorry. I see the world the way I see it and I cant change that one bit.

I think a grown man should be able to think deeper than you do as to why your father had problems with whites. You are here talking about your experience, but mine tells me that skin color does determine a hell of a lot of things. Prejudice by whites led to laws and policies created that enforced white supremacy. That's what I call racism. Racism is more than slurs and no matter what your opinion is, the fact that laws and policies were created. That laws and policies are sill made at every level that hurts communities of color purposefully. Here is what a poster has said here and it's one of the best posts I have read,

This discussion thread points out the difficulty in doing anything about racism in America. Any discussion of the problem provokes a reflexive, violent denial of the responsibilities of its perpetrators and beneficiaries, and the very existence of the problem itself. As long as our society cannot accept this country’s sins with the same equanimity as its virtues, no progress can be possible.”

You have been calling prejudice racism.. I call you white and you think that's the same as me getting turned down for a business loan with all the necessary things. It's not. And you can change the way you see things.

It's because racism is a learned behavior. A good way to see how it is learned behavior is to go to a kindergarten playground and watch the kids. All they see is other kids who want to play, and they don't really take notice of skin color.

Go to a playground for middle school, and you will see some a lot of them gravitate towards others who are like them.

How do you solve racism? Dunno.................but I personally think that the current crop of young people are more open minded than previous generations, but I think that is because they have access to a hell of a lot more information than previous generations.

Do you have a study showing a significant difference?

That's the real truth here, " Its only Natural for kids to get along." Peace and love are more natural for them than hate and racism. And the racist adults here know that. These kids like being together and they work things out with an ease that embarrasses racist here, which is why you see the racist here disagreeing with the thread topic with impunity.

Sorry to hear that, really. It probally has darkened your view of this forever, ' I mean I hope not, but I understand if you go they way of hate. People will kill.

white people and black people kill. no one has a monopoly on it. and most black people who kill -- kill other black people.

as for "inner city", I'm not sure what that means other than a way to say "ghetto".... in which case, poverty makes for hard lives. and there is no question that there is violence where there is poverty. but color isn't the cause of the effect.

Yeah but black people kill at much higher rates than white people do. Those are just the facts. If what you said about poverty was true then there'd be murders happening every single day in rural white areas like there is in the inner city.

No, that's not the facts.

View attachment 183792 https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
Whites have been the most violent race of people here. That's what the facts, the complete set of facts, show.

But, Whites are actually closer related to Africans genetically, than Asiatic races are, unless you include Arabs as "Asiatic".

Why do our young get along with their Black and White friends , often as if its normal and nothing to it? What is it about being young that can dilute racism? Some of our youth are racist , but we have a lot who are not , and those seem to actually be free of it.

I wish they would respond to this thread and explain to us their simplicity and help us to understand this wonderful dynamic.

Racism seems to enlist older stubborn people.

because the kids of this generation are being raised with more diversity. so they don't give a damn about color or things that are ultimately irrelevant.

So very true.

You just want it to be true even though you have no idea what goes on in a person's private thoughts. Kids are influenced more by popular culture than they are by their parents. There's a ton of pressure to conform to this diversity is our strength mantra. Once they get out into the real world, then they're likely to develop opinions of their own.

I don't need to want it to be true. I never thought about the race/religion of my friends because I grew up in a diverse neighborhood. if you were a bigoted ijit, you were probably pretty lonely in Brooklyn.

and no, I rasied my son in a diverse environment, too. he's been around too many decent people of every stripe, and too many cruddy people of every stripe to give a damn about what they're born.

you should try it. you might be happier. and maybe you'd no longer be trash.

It's pretty clear to me that people of Northern European (White) heritages are not only friendlier, and less aggressive than people of (Sub-White) heritages like Southern Euros I.E Italians or Ashkenazi Jews.

But, that on the whole most Blacks, and certain Muslim, and certain Hispanics are even less friendly, and more aggressive too.

However, some of the more Native American Hispanics, and Indonesian type of Muslims can be very friendly, and not so aggressive.

It would strongly appear to me that genetically speaking closer towards African spectrum the more aggressive, and less friendly the people become.

Why do our young get along with their Black and White friends , often as if its normal and nothing to it? What is it about being young that can dilute racism? Some of our youth are racist , but we have a lot who are not , and those seem to actually be free of it.

I wish they would respond to this thread and explain to us their simplicity and help us to understand this wonderful dynamic.

Racism seems to enlist older stubborn people.

I think they have been bombarded with it to a point they have become desensitized to it.

I heard a white kid laughing in a group of black and white football players ... After he commented on the fact he wasn't the starting cornerback because he wasn't black.
He told the others he was racially challenged because he couldn't run as fast or jump as high ... And they were laughing about it.

When I approached and asked them why they could laugh so easily about it including racial context ...
Their answer was unanimous ... "We don't care ... That's y'all's problem".

She knows better, she's just pandering to rehabilitate her image with her peeps. Remember when Al Gore the whitest man on earth was talking like a jive turkey in front of that black church or whatever? LOL

You're probably right that she's pandering. It's incredible that anyone could manage to serve in the White House, even with racial preferences, and be as ignorant as she has sounded recently.

How long have whites gotten racial preferences?

Having grown up in a heavily Italian, and Irish Catholic region of New York, I'll call your bluff.

There were anti-Irish Catholic riots (Pogroms) like the Philadelphia Nativist Riots, or the biggest singular lynching in American history being against Italians in New Orleans.

White Catholics struggled too, but not only did we become much higher than Blacks who were here longer than us, we also became generally higher proportionately than White Protestants who were also here longer than us.

White Catholics have clearly been a driving educated, intelligent, and productive core in the U.S North-East states.

States like Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Connecticut some of the most White Catholic states, are also some of the most advanced.

I think a grown man should be able to think deeper than you do as to why your father had problems with whites. You are here talking about your experience, but mine tells me that skin color does determine a hell of a lot of things. Prejudice by whites led to laws and policies created that enforced white supremacy. That's what I call racism. Racism is more than slurs and no matter what your opinion is, the fact that laws and policies were created. That laws and policies are sill made at every level that hurts communities of color purposefully. Here is what a poster has said here and it's one of the best posts I have read,

This discussion thread points out the difficulty in doing anything about racism in America. Any discussion of the problem provokes a reflexive, violent denial of the responsibilities of its perpetrators and beneficiaries, and the very existence of the problem itself. As long as our society cannot accept this country’s sins with the same equanimity as its virtues, no progress can be possible.”

You have been calling prejudice racism.. I call you white and you think that's the same as me getting turned down for a business loan with all the necessary things. It's not. And you can change the way you see things.

I absolutley have thought deeper, I'm sure not going to put everything into one post, and the Topic of this thread was why do kids or teens get along better with each other. True, I have not lived the black experience as you have lived. thats not what I claimed, but that does not mean that I have not experienced racism... it was a lot more than being called white. Sure i can change the way I see some things but what Im talking about is on a personal level. What defines us is a whole lot more than your race. If I stand before God he's not going to tell me "well you did pretty good as a white man" You know what it is that defines you... and its something inside yourself that maybe you share with others or maybe you dont. I understand the conversation always goes back to economics and reparations, admission of GUILT for white people. Thats a whole other discussion , but tell me what laws are still being made today that are purposely hurting people of color?

Last edited:
I don't need to want it to be true. I never thought about the race/religion of my friends because I grew up in a diverse neighborhood. if you were a bigoted ijit, you were probably pretty lonely in Brooklyn.

and no, I rasied my son in a diverse environment, too. he's been around too many decent people of every stripe, and too many cruddy people of every stripe to give a damn about what they're born.

you should try it. you might be happier. and maybe you'd no longer be trash.

I lived in rural america until I was 9 years old then we moved to the diverse inner city where I was exposed to things I had never experienced before like my next door neighbor being murdered and being threatened by a kid with a knife while walking home.

Sorry to hear that, really. It probally has darkened your view of this forever, ' I mean I hope not, but I understand if you go they way of hate. People will kill.

white people and black people kill. no one has a monopoly on it. and most black people who kill -- kill other black people.

as for "inner city", I'm not sure what that means other than a way to say "ghetto".... in which case, poverty makes for hard lives. and there is no question that there is violence where there is poverty. but color isn't the cause of the effect.

Yeah but black people kill at much higher rates than white people do. Those are just the facts. If what you said about poverty was true then there'd be murders happening every single day in rural white areas like there is in the inner city.

No, that's not the facts.

white supremacist loons like to lie about people who don't look/believe like they do.

I absolutley have thought deeper, I'm sure not going to put everything into one post, and the Topic of this thread was why do kids or teens get along better with each other. True, I have not lived the black experience as you have lived. thats not what I claimed, but that does not mean that I have not experienced racism... it was a lot more than being called white. Sure i can change the way I see some things but what Im talking about is on a personal level. What defines us is a whole lot more than your race. If I stand before God he's not going to tell me "well you did pretty good as a white man" You know what it is that defines you... and its something inside yourself that maybe you share with others or maybe you dont. I understand the conversation always goes back to economics and reparations, admission of GUILT for white people. Thats a whole other discussion , but tell me what laws are still being made today that are purposely hurting people of color?

the fact that it is easier for you as a white man is simply fact. it is not racist.

white male victims... *shakes head*

the fact that it is easier for you as a white man is simply fact. it is not racist.

Why don't you get off your high horse? Go back and read the post that prompted IM2 to ask me what kind of racism I experienced. I'm not going out of my way to say I'm a victim. Just was trying to have a discussion and just gave real life experience as part of that in an attempt to discuss something. Maybe yes as a white man I should just keep my mouth shut right? I shouldn't talk about anything that has to do with race unless it falls inside the accepted parameters right?

Why don't you get off your high horse? Go back and read the post that prompted IM2 to ask me what kind of racism I experienced. I'm not going out of my way to say I'm a victim. Just was trying to have a discussion and just gave real life experience as part of that in an attempt to discuss something. Maybe yes as a white man I should just keep my mouth shut right? I shouldn't talk about anything that has to do with race unless it falls inside the accepted parameters right?

Welcome to the discussion , I hope you continue.

Forum List

Back