Why do atheists and Christians talk to each other?

• Banned
I NEVER discuss religion with fundies in RL.

There is a retreat center that I go to that is owned by the RCC, but it is very liberal. Great people there. I have lots in common with them.

BTW, I am reading, THE FAMILY, by Jeff Sharlet. He went undercover to a right wing Jesus power cult in DC. The book is well written and very well researched.

40 pages of references.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Becuase thats what people tend to do. Talk to each other.

No, atheists and Christians have nothing in common when it comes to religion.

I'm asking the question because I NEVER talk about religion with people that I may offend in RL, but I do it here all the time.

I'm asking the question because I NEVER talk about religion with people that I may offend in RL, but I do it here all the time.

I have no problem talking religion to anyone who wants to talk about it.

Dad is a christian, love him to death.

Brother is an non-believer of all religions, love him to death.

I have multiple sisters, twochristian, one an agnostic, love them to death.

I talk to people who I think are good people, I don't think religion impacts whether or not someone is or can be a good person.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
  • Banned

:confused:

Why not discuss religion as long as its friendly? I have many good conversations with atheists. I see where you guys are coming from. I at times question my God, and he is OK with that.... its what makes me human.
BTW, I am a christian, but I am not religious.... religion destroys your individuality in my opinion.

I dont discuss religion with ANY kind fundamentalist.... they are nutjobs and I refuse to talk to them, b/c they are just in it for confrontation. That is a losing proposition every time.

That's because you have an agenda.

Yeah. Sharing the truth and showing people the power the love of God has in making them happy.

When you feel the love of God in your life, you want to share it with everyone who will listen because you gain a greater capacity to love and more joy in your life. You want everyone, even those you might have hated at one point to feel that. it's truly humbling.

Not all of them have an agenda though... if you are like me, you can pick the nutjobs with agendas from a mile away. I look at how they live their lives.
Plenty of atheists have agendas too.... its a trait of an asshole, religious or not, they can dilute any good conversation.

Not all of them have an agenda though... if you are like me, you can pick the nutjobs with agendas from a mile away. I look at how they live their lives.
Plenty of atheists have agendas too.... its a trait of an asshole, religious or not, they can dilute any good conversation.

If you call wanting to be treated with as much respect as any other citizen an agenda, then atheists have an "agenda". They are discriminated against much more than Christians in America.

Forum List

Back