Why do Americans take away health insurance when a person loses a job?

An interesting question was posed on the Sick Around The World | FRONTLINE | PBS

"I don't understand why in America you would take away the health insurance when a person loses his job. Isn't that when she needs it?"

Read more: Advice For Consumers | Sick Around America | FRONTLINE | PBS

Because someone still has to pay for it and the government idiotically tied it to employment through tax policies?

Really? Life must have been wonderful for the average American before FDR.

:eusa_shhh:

Dante you need to read up on this subject.

You just made it quite apparent that you don't know jackshit about this subject.

Answering a question with a question?

Oh yeah..nothing in the constitution about invading and knocking over other countries, either..chief.

And where did I say I supported invading countries?

I never supported the invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam or Korea or any of the other undeclared wars we have been involved in.

The Constitution mandates the navy be funded..and that the army be funded as needed by consenus of congress every 2 years. It also mandates that this force be used to defend the country and suppress insurrection.

You dispute that?

Yeah I refute defense of the country.

Idiot.

And suppressing insurrection in other countries is constitutionally mandated huh?

Because someone still has to pay for it and the government idiotically tied it to employment through tax policies?

Really? Life must have been wonderful for the average American before FDR.

:eusa_shhh:

Dante you need to read up on this subject.

You just made it quite apparent that you don't know jackshit about this subject.

When I want some shit out of you, I'll just squeeze your head. Until then STFU.

:lol:

So you support a mandated health insurance program?

allow me, please...

:clap2:

yes

yes

and yes. any sane person would

:cool:
No sane person would support the government's ability to force them to buy a product.

Once again you idiots are confusing health insurance with health care.

Nope. I support the government forcing contractors to get licenses ...

You are the one confusing things. Health Bills are always picked up by somebody.

allow me, please...

yes

yes

No sane person would support the government's ability to force them to buy a product.

You are the one confusing things. Health Bills are always picked up by somebody.

getting a license is the same as being force to buy an insurance policy?

Does the government tell you that you have to get a contractors' license if you're not going to be a contractor?

No.

But the government is forcing me to buy an insurance policy that will cover things I'll never need like drug counseling.

The government has a legal constitutional right to spend money on defense it does not have the right to force us to buy things for ourselves.

and many of us say you have no right to NOT buy insurance and expect society to pick up the bill

Society pfft.

I have never not paid my bills. In fact more of you leech off of me because I pay the fucking government for all kinds of shit I'll never use.

The government has a legal constitutional right to spend money on defense it does not have the right to force us to buy things for ourselves.

and many of us say you have no right to NOT buy insurance and expect society to pick up the bill

Society pfft.

I have never not paid my bills. In fact more of you leech off of me because I pay the fucking government for all kinds of shit I'll never use.
People can't 'leech' off you. Taxes are not your money after they've been collected. You want to live outside of society, fine.

go take a long walk off a short pier.

if you contributed only a fraction of the amount you complain about, you'd have some credibility, but we all know you're a misfit who defines himself by a few years of military service. you most likely hated society most all of your pathetic life

Does the government tell you that you have to get a contractors' license if you're not going to be a contractor?

No.

But the government is forcing me to buy an insurance policy that will cover things I'll never need like drug counseling.

what a policy covers is not the issue. you are not different than the idiots who don't want to pay taxes for other reasons.

you truly are a misanthropic troglodyte - misfit

:eusa_whistle:

So you support a mandated health insurance program?

allow me, please...

yes

yes

What other goods and/or services would you have our government require we purchase?

:confused:

The thing we are required to purchase is a societal burden, health insurance for all, since all eventually will use it.

methinks it more evil to require others to pay my health care bills than require me to pay. When we all pay, we are all better off as a nation, a society.

No one is proposing citizens be required to pay for any other goods/services. I doubt many arguments could ever meet the level of societal demands that health care insurance place on society. We do NOT live a society where we would allow people to be thrown out of all hospitals for lack of insurance. To be denied health care for any reason is criminal.

No.

what a policy covers is not the issue. you are not different than the idiots who don't want to pay taxes for other reasons.

Awfully big words for you, Dainty. Learn those on Sesame Street this morning?

No.

Awfully big words for you, Dainty. Learn those on Sesame Street this morning?

Dante Fevah

:lol:

Society pfft.

People can't 'leech' off you. Taxes are not your money after they've been collected. You want to live outside of society, fine.

go take a long walk off a short pier.

if you contributed only a fraction of the amount you complain about, you'd have some credibility, but we all know you're a misfit who defines himself by a few years of military service. you most likely hated society most all of your pathetic life

I have never served in the military so once again you prove that you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

And taxes are my money just because the government steals from me does not negate my ownership.

No.

Of course it's an issue. Why the fuck should I be forced to pay for coverage I will never need?

It's bad enough the fucking government confiscates my money and wastes it on all kinds of shit but now the fucking government is telling me I have to waste my own money by paying for coverage I don't need.

No.

It is an issue for a lot of people what a policy covers. If someone is willing and able to pay for medical services and medication a la carte, what's the harm in them not opting to buy insurance coverage?

If your answer is that it's necessary to help other people who can't afford their own coverage, I'd say that's a wonderful, humanitarian outlook from which you're preaching, but the necessity for everyone to help each other is a function of your morality. When you decide to use the force of government to enforce your morality, you're no different from the evangelicals voting down gay marriage rights. No different from the Republicans who watched reefer madness and then decided it was their civic duty to make sure that nobody has -too- much fun.

No.

Of course it's an issue. Why the fuck should I be forced to pay for coverage I will never need?

It's bad enough the fucking government confiscates my money and wastes it on all kinds of shit but now the fucking government is telling me I have to waste my own money by paying for coverage I don't need.

yet another nut case who views taxes as confiscation

in a representative democracy taxes are not confiscation taxes are voluntary

Last edited:

No.

It is an issue for a lot of people what a policy covers. If someone is willing and able to pay for medical services and medication a la carte, what's the harm in them not opting to buy insurance coverage?

If your answer is that it's necessary to help other people who can't afford their own coverage, I'd say that's a wonderful, humanitarian outlook from which you're preaching, but the necessity for everyone to help each other is a function of your morality.

When you decide to use the force of government to enforce your morality, you're no different from the evangelicals voting down gay marriage rights. No different from the Republicans who watched reefer madness and then decided it was their civic duty to make sure that nobody has -too- much fun.

we live in a society where we do NOT turn people away from emergency medical treatment. So we all pay for each other.

The whole idea of freedom and liberty is a morality play.

freedom and liberty exist because human beings assert so. Human constructs are morality plays

yet another nut case who views taxes as confiscation

in a representative democracy taxes are not confiscation taxes are voluntary
Taxes are voluntary ? In what way are they voluntary ? Simple, don't pay your taxes, and you will lose something or may even go to jail...... People have no problem with paying taxes, because they know that this is a nessesity for government that represents them to then exist, and also to get things done on their behalf for them, ((((but))))) as you know the problem comes, when government starts using that money in ways that no longer represents those for whom it was taken up from, so they begin to see government as corrupt, and therefore seek to change it out quickly because of, or to then remove those from power whom are making it corrupt....

If your answer is that it's necessary to help other people who can't afford their own coverage, I'd say that's a wonderful, humanitarian outlook from which you're preaching, but the necessity for everyone to help each other is a function of your morality.

When you decide to use the force of government to enforce your morality, you're no different from the evangelicals voting down gay marriage rights. No different from the Republicans who watched reefer madness and then decided it was their civic duty to make sure that nobody has -too- much fun.

we live in a society where we do NOT turn people away from emergency medical treatment. So we all pay for each other.

The whole idea of freedom and liberty is a morality play.

freedom and liberty exist because human beings assert so. Human constructs are morality plays
Freedom and Liberty is earned, and yes morality plays the most important part of it, in which is to be found in the total package for sure, but so does the rest of the things that make up the human character in which we trust in our society as well.... We as a nation have always looked at "good character' as being the main component of what gives us Freedom and our Liberty in this nation. Trust is born out of having good character, and then we are to apply that character in order to obtain our liberty and our freedoms.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back