Why do Americans pay so much for their medications?

It's part of the overall GOP plan to squeeze the middle class for everything they've got.

It would be great if you could provide some proof for your assertion.
Actions are proof. So is GOP ideology, We must give the job creators money to create jobs.
Go ahead, tell us how Republicans help the middle class.

By your own rational, your own lack of response is proof you have nothing.

Except a irrational hatred of those you perceive are out to screw you out of your government goodies.

Has anybody addressed the so-called canard that all this money pays for R&D ?

If that isn't the case, then we are getting ripped off.

If it is, then we run the risk of not seeing more advancements in medicine.

Jonas Salk did it without government patent protections and millions in R&D, so frankly, I call bullshit on that philosophy.
I know you can't prove your bullshit. I know why the vaccines didn't get patent protection. And I know where Salk got his many millions for research. For once, prove your assertions. Or I will be forced to make you look foolish.

And you can't disprove it.

Why don't you do us a favor and let your sixth grade teacher actually teach you something.

GlaxoSmithKline fined £37.6m for cheating NHS and taxpayer
Here is a possible reason. A large drug company paying rival firms to hold back cheaper generic drugs in order to fleece the sick.
Shocking stuff.

I don't get why they are fined.

In essence our system is set up provide these people with protection of their efforts.

It is a trust.

When someone does this, I think the fine should be the starting point. Jail (and maybe the gallows) should be included too.

People sometimes call theft victimless....what a crock. Theft robs society of a great deal, including that trust.

A trust I consider sacred.

And violating it should bring stiff penalties.

GlaxoSmithKline fined £37.6m for cheating NHS and taxpayer
Here is a possible reason. A large drug company paying rival firms to hold back cheaper generic drugs in order to fleece the sick.
Shocking stuff.

I don't get why they are fined.

In essence our system is set up provide these people with protection of their efforts.

It is a trust.

When someone does this, I think the fine should be the starting point. Jail (and maybe the gallows) should be included too.

People sometimes call theft victimless....what a crock. Theft robs society of a great deal, including that trust.

A trust I consider sacred.

And violating it should bring stiff penalties.

So essentially you're saying Big Pharma should be allowed to rip off the consumer in any country for as long as they want until they get caught and then the penalty should be...something or other that you haven't quite defined.

Forum List

Back