Why do Americans need a President?

Valox

Dec 1, 2011
It is funny watching all of you bitching and fighting over who is going to reign over them. The idea that a father figure, backed by 535 misfits can adequately represent you and solve your problems is most amusing.

However, Americans always need a hero. The idea that they can take after themselves without a rent seeking politician looking over them is a delusional.

I painfully laugh at people who look forward to voting in the next daddy-figure to solve, not only their problems, but the nation's and world's problems.

When this promise doesn't come to a fruition, they will bitch and moan on a message on how their guy was not at fault and they other sucks more.

I vote for the people who promise to get out of our way and let us deal with our own problems.

Unfortunately, I've been disappointed with most of them.

We require a scapegoat, amazing anyone runs for the office.

I vote for the people who promise to get out of our way and let us deal with our own problems.

Unfortunately, I've been disappointed with most of them.

lol...says the Santorum lover/ Ron Paul hater.

It is funny watching all of you bitching and fighting over who is going to reign over them. The idea that a father figure, backed by 535 misfits can adequately represent you and solve your problems is most amusing.

However, Americans always need a hero. The idea that they can take after themselves without a rent seeking politician looking over them is a delusional.

I painfully laugh at people who look forward to voting in the next daddy-figure to solve, not only their problems, but the nation's and world's problems.

When this promise doesn't come to a fruition, they will bitch and moan on a message on how their guy was not at fault and they other sucks more.

I hate to burst your bubble, but REAL Americans want the government to LEAVE US ALONE, get the hell out of our way, and stop stifling our productivity, our creativity, and our ability and desire to take care of ourselves!

I hate to burst your bubble, but REAL Americans want the government to LEAVE US ALONE, get the hell out of our way, and stop stifling our productivity, our creativity, and our ability and desire to take care of ourselves!

I am sure you do.

so lets say we forgo the figurehead, first figurehead, etc

do the 535 draw straws meeting foriegn dignitaries? state of the union addy?

~S~

The problem is, this ‘need’ has resulted in the disaster that is the Imperial Presidency, an office with far more power than the Framers intended, requiring us, against our will, to fight over who possesses such power.

The Framers intended the president to indeed be a mere administrator, a final check on legislation before it becomes law. He was to be neutral and non-partisan.

The aberration of the Imperial Presidency has destroyed that original intent, it has become a high-stakes game one must participate in whether he likes it or not.

As I’ve noted before, in some 40 years of voting, I’ve never ‘voted for’ anyone.

The modern institution of the presidency is the primary political evil Americans face, and the cause of nearly all our woes. It squanders the national wealth and starts unjust wars against foreign peoples that have never done us any harm. It wrecks our families, tramples on our rights, invades our communities, and spies on our bank accounts. It skews the culture toward decadence and trash. It tells lie after lie. Teachers used to tell school kids that anyone can be president. This is like saying anyone can go to Hell. It's not an inspiration; it's a threat.

Down With the Presidency by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Teachers used to tell school kids that anyone can be president. This is like saying anyone can go to Hell. It's not an inspiration; it's a threat.

I like that a lot, but presume that goes over many people's head.

James Buchanan made a great statement on behalf of the right of revolution. Grant restored the gold standard. Harding denounced US imperialism in Haiti. But overall, my favorite president is William Henry Harrison. He keeled over shortly after his inauguration.

'ol Llewellyn's really gotta bone about the potus.....~S~

James Buchanan made a great statement on behalf of the right of revolution. Grant restored the gold standard. Harding denounced US imperialism in Haiti. But overall, my favorite president is William Henry Harrison. He keeled over shortly after his inauguration.

'ol Llewellyn's really gotta bone about the potus.....~S~

Can't say he doesn't have a point.

New Topics

Forum List

Back