Why do Americans glorify their soldiers?

FUCK YOU............

Glorified enough...........
Your anti-military and country BS can take a long walk off a short bridge.....

HAVE A NICE DAY.
And to think I was a forces brat. You just can't handle the truth so you have to deflect by glorifying your soldiers.
I served 10 years chump. In places like the Persian Gulf...........brat...........sounds fitting.

No, you haven't. You've only posted your irrelevant personal interpretation of events. When you grow up you may understand the difference.
Yeah? Didn't know I was Kofi Annan, nor the Nuremberg Tribunal. You will never grow up enough to be able to accept the reality of your country's actions.

Denial will be the limit of your understanding.

No, you haven't. You've only posted your irrelevant personal interpretation of events. When you grow up you may understand the difference.
Yeah? Didn't know I was Kofi Annan, nor the Nuremberg Tribunal. ...

No, you're the asshole wallowing in logical fallacy because you can't control your infantile need to insist upon your own subjective nonsense as if it were anything more than that.

You disagree with Kofi Annan's assessment? The Nuremberg Tribunal got it wrong?

All you do is deny, let's have your arguments rather than just 'Waaaaaaaaa, no it isn't'.

Sorry, that was asking a bit much wasn't it? My apologies.

Yeah? Didn't know I was Kofi Annan, nor the Nuremberg Tribunal. You will never grow up enough to be able to accept the reality of your country's actions.

With some notable exceptions,related to the current governmen,t I'm quite proud of my countries actions. Why would I care what the UN thinks about anything?

You disagree with Kofi Annan's assessment? The Nuremberg Tribunal got it wrong?.....

No authority, no relevance = no point. This is just you being a hysterical lefty drama queen again, and nothing more.

Why do these faggot Islamic recruiters talk in mumbo jumbo??

Countries actions, which one would that be, fucking up camel fuckers like you??

Denial of what, my countries actions??

Will be the limit of my understanding of what, you Islamic dick suckers are bat shit crazy??

images

I always was surprised why Americans glorify their soldiers like they do. I don't mean honorable WW2 veterans or something I mean regular soldiers. I don't get why every soldier is supposed to be a hero. Serving your country as a soldier doesn't automatically make you a hero or anything like that. You have to earn those things like called being a hero or a respected person. This whole glorification of soldiers sounds for me like a cult. I just don't get it.
What is wrong with you???
First thing:
Respect is not earned.
Respect should always be the 'default' setting.
Everyone deserves respect until there is reason to lose it.

As to the rest of your tripe......when your balls finally drop and your voice changes you might - just might - understand.

No greater love has he than he that would lie down his life for his brother

:salute:

&
:fu:

And yet, oddly, you have failed to prove your assertions.

You really should just stop.
That you wish to dismiss proof in the form of the Nuremberg findings, for example, is neither here nor there. Though you may well be right and the invasion of Iraq not only war crimes but crimes against peace as well. I stand corrected.

Charter of the International Military Tribunal

http://law2.umkc.edu

ARTICLE 6

The Tribunal established by the Agreement referred to in Article 1 hereof for the trial and punishment of the major war criminals of the European Axis countries shall have the power to try and punish persons who, acting in the interests of the European Axis countries, whether as individuals or as members of organizations, committed any of the following crimes.

The following acts, or any of them, are crimes coming within the jurisdiction of the Tribunal for which there shall be individual responsibility:

(a) Crimes against Peace: namely, planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression, or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances, or participation in a Common Plan or Conspiracy for the accomplishment of any of the foregoing;

(b) War Crimes: namely, violations of the laws or customs of war. Such violations shall include, but not be limited to, murder, ill-treatment or deportation to slave labor or for any other purpose of civilian population of or in occupied territory, murder or ill-treatment of prisoners of war or persons on the seas, killing of hostages, plunder of public or private property, wanton destruction of cities, towns, or villages, or devastation not justified by military necessity;

(c) Crimes against Humanity: namely, murder, extermination, enslavement, deportation, and other inhumane acts committed against any civilian population, before or during the war,14 or persecutions on political, racial, or religious grounds in execution of or in connection with any crime within the jurisdiction of the Tribunal, whether or not in violation of domestic law of the country where perpetrated. Leaders, organizers, instigators, and accomplices participating in the formulation or execution of a Common Plan or Conspiracy to commit any of the foregoing crimes are responsible for all acts performed by any persons in execution of such plan.
Yeah? So when did they have the trial against Bush and the United States?

I mean all this stuff is common knowledge to everyone except American ignoramuses, apparently. Probably FoxNews watchers, more misinformed than those who watch no news at all...You'd think even they would have to accept illegal war is criminal; however, I've learnt not to hold my breath waiting for that light bulb to go on.

So the soldiers who do this illegal dirty work are glorified by those who do not go, both in order to assuage their guilt at sitting safe while someone else does the dirty work and to deflect from the illegality of that dirty work. It's not rocket science.

Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan

Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter says Annan World news The Guardian

The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.

Mr Annan said that the invasion was not sanctioned by the UN security council or in accordance with the UN's founding charter. In an interview with the BBC World Service broadcast last night, he was asked outright if the war was illegal. He replied: "Yes, if you wish."

He then added unequivocally: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and from the charter point of view it was illegal."

Kofi Annan was sucking Sadam's ass. He has zero credibility. He was spectacularly ineffective at leading the normally-ineffective UN, which is nothing more than a bash-US, bash-Israel club for tyrants, thugs, and their appeasers.

Annan has a long track record of opposition to the U.S.-led war to remove Saddam Hussein from power, as well as to the wider conduct of the global war on terror. The people of Iraq owe no debt of gratitude to Annan, who consistently ignored their suffering, opposed their liberation, and actively undermined Coalition efforts to establish security and rebuild the country. As Iraq's interim defense minister Hazem Sha'alan remarked, "Where was Kofi Annan when Saddam Hussein was slaughtering the Iraqi people like sheep?"[4] The Iraq war undermined Annan's own position as a world leader and exposed the U.N.'s growing impotence in the post-9/11 era. It also exposed the huge degree of corruption and mismanagement involving the U.N.'s Oil-for-Food Program, an epic scandal that continues to unfold.

--

Human Rights Failures

Under Annan the U.N. has shamelessly appeased dictators and tyrants, from Baghdad to Tehran to Khartoum, and has stood weak-kneed in the face of genocide and ethnic cleansing. As head of United Nations peacekeeping operations in the mid-1990s before he rose to Secretary General, Annan never apologized to the victims of the Rwanda genocide, whose slaughter was the consequence of the U.N.'s failure to intervene, or to the families of Muslims massacred at Srebrenica while under the protection of U.N. soldiers. Annan's lack of humility in the face of great human tragedy has been one of his greatest shortcomings as a U.N. leader. Nor has he ever apologized to the people of Iraq, whose former president he described as "a man I can do business with."

The U.N.'s new Human Rights Council, touted by Annan as a breakthrough for the U.N., is an unmitigated farce, and the United Nations has largely jettisoned the principles of liberty and freedom. The Council's lack of membership criteria renders it open to participation and manipulation by the world's worst human rights abusers. Tyrannical regimes such as Burma, Syria, Libya, Sudan, and Zimbabwe all voted in favor of establishing the Council, in the face of strong U.S. opposition. The brutal North Korean dictatorship also endorsed the Council. When Council elections were held in May, leading human rights abusers Algeria, China, Cuba, Pakistan, Russia, and Saudi Arabia were all elected.

Peacekeeping Abuses

A series of peacekeeping scandals, from Bosnia to Burundi to Sierra Leone and Haiti, occurred under Annan's watch. The largest concentration of abuse has taken place in the Congo, the U.N.'s second largest peacekeeping mission, with 16,000 peacekeepers.[5]

In the Congo, acts of barbarism were perpetrated by United Nations peacekeepers and civilian personnel entrusted with protecting some of the weakest and most vulnerable women and children in the world. Personnel from the U.N. Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUC) stand accused of at least 150 major human rights violations, and the scale of the problem is likely to be far greater.

The crimes involved rape and forced prostitution of women and young girls across the country, including inside a refugee camp in the town of Bunia in northeastern Congo. The alleged perpetrators include U.N. military and civilian personnel from Nepal, Morocco, Tunisia, Uruguay, South Africa, Pakistan, and France.

The sexual abuse scandal in the Congo made a mockery of the U.N.'s professed commitment to uphold basic human rights. The exploitation of some of the most vulnerable people in the world-refugees in a war-ravaged country-was a shameful episode and a massive betrayal of trust, as well as an appalling failure of leadership.
Annan was on the wrong side.

You know -- just like you.

Uhmmm, because it the sacrifices they make which allow for a frivolous young twit like me to go about my life without much concern?

"Since 1950, the U.S. has deployed over 30 million troops overseas. Technically, we should call this 30 million troop-years: one troop in one country for one year is a troop-year. Ancient Sparta is remembered by history for the bravery of its 300 warriors fighting at Thermopylae. I often wonder if Americans will be remembered by history for the bravery of its 30,000,000. Here is why (from the abstract of a paper I am in the process of revising):

"For over six decades, the U.S. military has shaped international economic development, notably by way of 30 million U.S. troop-year deployments since 1950. Worldwide, life expectancy increased by 10 years between 1970 and the present. The mortality rate of children dropped from 132 per 1000 live births to 55. The number of telephone lines per capita quadrupled from 48 to 196 per thousand. And since 1990, the average country score on the human development index (HDI) increased by 7 percentage points. In each case, the improvement was faster in countries with a heavy U.S. troop presence and slower in countries with zero U.S. troop presence. These relationships stem from a very large dataset on U.S. deployments across the globe from 1950 to the present matched with World Bank data on indicators of social well-being since 1970 across 148 countries. The positive relationship between American forces and social development holds in econometric regressions even when controlling for initial income levels and initial social indicator levels.

"Here is a chart showing the increase in life expectancy, in years, from 1990-2007 with countries sorted by the number of U.S. troops hosted during 1990-2009 and by level of development (as defined by the World Bank).

chart.jpg

"
from an article by Tim Kane, Growthology

Forum List

Back