CDZ Why Do Alot Of Conservatives Feel Liberals Want Their Guns?

Besides the propaganda factor, there's no way she would be able to take away any guns.

She might be able to have stricter background checks and to ban assault rifles, although I don't think think that can be done retroactively for the people that already have them.

Sorry.....they found how she would do it at the clinton library....they had plans to get rid of the lawful commerce in arms act...then to bring a law suit against gun makers....they would then get the gun makers to settle, for federal protection....mandating through the court settelement to stop making magazine fed weapons ........so you are just wrong...
Yeah, that's the propaganda factor.

Besides the propaganda factor, there's no way she would be able to take away any guns.

She might be able to have stricter background checks and to ban assault rifles, although I don't think think that can be done retroactively for the people that already have them.

This is how the clintons actually planned on doing it if they regained the White House....

Articles: Hillary: Impose Gun Control by Judicial Fiat

Hillary’s focus on repealing the PLCAA seems strange: it’s been on the books for eleven years, it was passed by 2-1 bipartisan majorities (65-31 Senate, 283-144 House), and every suit it has blocked is one that should never have been filed. Yet oppose it Hillary does. Her campaign webpage proposes to “Take on the gun lobby by removing the industry’s sweeping legal protection for illegal and irresponsible actions (which makes it almost impossible for people to hold them accountable), and revoking licenses from dealers who break the law.” She told the Bridgeport News that “as president, I would lead the charge to repeal this law.” In Iowa, she called the PLCAA “one of the most egregious, wrong, pieces of legislation that ever passed the Congress.”

But, even given her anti-gun beliefs, why does Hillary place so high a priority on repealing some eleven-year-old statute?

The papers found in her husband’s presidential archives in Little Rock show why the lawsuits that the PLCAA stopped were so important to his anti-gun plans. A January 2000 question and answer document, probably meant to prepare Bill Clinton for a press conference, asks about his involvement in the lawsuits against the gun industry. It suggests as an answer that he “intends to engage the gun industry in negotiations” to “achieve meaningful reforms to the way the gun industry does business.” The memo suggests he close with “We want real reforms that will improve the public safety and save lives.”

This is noteworthy: the Clinton White House did not see the lawsuits’ purpose as winning money, but as a means to pressure the gun industry into adopting the Clinton “reforms.” What might those reforms have been?

The Clinton Presidential Archives answered that question, too. In December 1999, the “Office of the Deputy Secretary” (presumably of Treasury) had sent a fax to the fax line for Clinton’s White House Domestic Policy Council.

The fax laid out a proposed settlement of the legal cases.

The terms were very well designed.

They would have given the antigun movements all the victories that it had been unable to win in Congress over the past twenty years! Moreover, the terms would be imposed by a court order, not by a statute.

That meant that any violation could be prosecuted as a contempt of court, by the parties to the lawsuit rather than by the government.
A future Congress could not repeal the judgment, and a future White House could not block its enforcement. The settlement would have a permanent existence outside the democratic process.

The terms were extensive and drastic:

Gun manufacturers must stop producing firearms (rifle, pistol, or shotguns) that could accept detachable magazines holding more than ten rounds. In practice, since there is no way to design a detachable-magazine firearm that cannot take larger magazines, this would mean ceasing production of all firearms with detachable magazines. No more semiauto handguns.

The manufacturers would be required to stop production of magazines holding more than ten rounds.

Manufacturers must also stop production of firearms with polymer frames. All handguns made must meet importation standards (long barrels, target sights, etc.).

After five years, manufacturers must produce nothing but “smart guns” (that is, using “authorized user technology”).

But those conditions were just the beginning.

The next requirement was the key to regulating all licensed firearms dealers, as well.

The manufacturers must agree to sell only to distributors and dealers who agreed to comply with the standards set for distributors and dealers. Thus dealers would were not parties to the lawsuits would be forced to comply, upon pain of being unable to buy inventory.

The dealers in turn must agree:

They’d make no sales at gun shows, and no sales over internet.

They’d hold their customers to one-gun-a-month, for all types of guns, not just handguns.

They would not sell used or new magazines holding more than ten rounds.

They would not sell any firearm that fell within the definitions of the 1994 “assault weapon ban,” even if the ban expired.

They must prove they have a minimum inventory of each manufacturers’ product, and that they derive a majority of their revenue from firearms or sporting equipment sales. No more small town hardware store dealers, and no more WalMarts with gun sections.

The manufacturers would be required to pay for a “monitor,” a person to make sure the settlement was enforced. The monitor would create a “sales data clearinghouse,” to which the manufacturers, distributors, and dealers must report each gun sale, thus creating a registration system, outside of the government and thus not covered by the Privacy Act.

The monitor would have the authority to hire investigators, inspect dealer records without notice, and to “conduct undercover sting operations.” The monitor would thus serve as a private BATFE, without the legal restrictions that bind that agency, and paid for by the gun industry itself.

The manufacturers must cut off any dealer who failed to comply, and whenever BATFE traced a gun to a dealer, the dealer would be presumed guilty unless he could prove himself innocent. (BATFE encourages police departments to trace every firearm that comes into their hands, including firearms turned in, lost and found, and recovered from thieves. As a result, it performs over 300,000 traces a year. Thus, this term would lead to many dealers being cut off and forced to prove their innocence on a regular basis).

Gun registration, one gun a month, magazines limited to ten rounds, no Glocks, no guns with detachable magazines (in effect, no semiauto handguns), no dealers at gun shows, an “assault weapon ban” in perpetuity, no internet sales. In short, the movement to restrict gun owners would have achieved, in one stroke, every objective it had labored for over the years -- indeed, it would have achieved some that (a ban on semiauto handguns) that were so bold it had never dared to propose them. All this would be achieved without the messy necessity of winning a majority vote in Congress.

Last edited:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- trusting the anti gun 'b2stards' or trusting in folks understanding of American gun laws is how they have gotten as far as they have gotten . My advice is to never trust and allow nothing no matter what THEY want to do [for the children or for public safety] XYZ .

I think the over-reaction of the right regarding gun regulation is because of the minimal regard that liberals express for individual rights in general. The right, correctly in my view, sees any regulatory efforts by the left as a "give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile" situation. If the left wasn't so dismissive of the concept of individual rights in the first place, it might be easier to accept their proposals for reasonable regulation.

I think the over-reaction of the right regarding gun regulation is because of the minimal regard that liberals express for individual rights in general. The right, correctly in my view, sees any regulatory efforts by the left as a "give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile" situation. If the left wasn't so dismissive of the concept of individual rights in the first place, it might be easier to accept their proposals for reasonable regulation.
That's certainly part of it.

Why Do a lot Of Conservatives Feel Liberals Want Their Guns? Because conservatives know that it is the logical conclusion of the liberals emotional responses to gun violence and accidents. Until all guns are banned and confiscated there will always be events that cause them to write more and more laws up to and including banning and confiscating all guns.

Because they want criminals to have guns.

Louisiana law floods courts with pro-gun cases

The amendment – backed by the National Rifle Association and Gov. Bobby Jindal – makes gun ownership a "fundamental right," akin to freedom of speech or assembly, and calls for "strict scrutiny" of gun laws – the highest judicial review in the USA.

Armed with the new amendment, attorneys can now challenge the constitutionality of lesser laws – like concealed weapons statutes – making them more favorable to gun owners – including felons, said Laura Cutilletta, senior staff attorney at the San Francisco-based Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

-------------

Republicans fight to arm felons. It's why they want dangerous people on the no fly list to have weapons. Don't ask me why. That's just who they are.
Jindal was warned that if he made gun ownership a "fundamental right" then you couldn't deny weapons to felons. He thought that was ridiculous until the courts agreed with the felons. Fundamental Rights!
------------------------------------------------------------------------ violent felons should be kept in lockup , maybe forever . Non violent felons should be released and have ALL their RIGHTS restored after serving their sentence RDean .

I could agree with this...there is no reason that an embezzlar should not get his gun rights back....
I'm of the mind that felons lose all their rights
These people have made the choice to be criminals let them live with the consequences

The amendment – backed by the National Rifle Association and Gov. Bobby Jindal – makes gun ownership a "fundamental right," akin to freedom of speech or assembly, and calls for "strict scrutiny" of gun laws – the highest judicial review in the USA.

Armed with the new amendment, attorneys can now challenge the constitutionality of lesser laws – like concealed weapons statutes – making them more favorable to gun owners – including felons, said Laura Cutilletta, senior staff attorney at the San Francisco-based Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

-------------

Republicans fight to arm felons. It's why they want dangerous people on the no fly list to have weapons. Don't ask me why. That's just who they are.
Jindal was warned that if he made gun ownership a "fundamental right" then you couldn't deny weapons to felons. He thought that was ridiculous until the courts agreed with the felons. Fundamental Rights!
------------------------------------------------------------------------ violent felons should be kept in lockup , maybe forever . Non violent felons should be released and have ALL their RIGHTS restored after serving their sentence RDean .

I could agree with this...there is no reason that an embezzlar should not get his gun rights back....
These people have made the choice to be criminals let them live with the consequences[/QUOTE--------------------------------------------------- not me , i'm thinking

-------------

These people have made the choice to be criminals let them live with the consequences
---------------------------------- maybe there are just too many ways to become a felon and the list keeps growing . Anyway thats my view . To me the issue should be between violence and non violent SkullPilot .

-------------

These people have made the choice to be criminals let them live with the consequences[/QUOTE--------------------------------------------------- not me , i'm thinking

-------------

---------------------------------- maybe there are just too many ways to become a felon and the list keeps growing . Anyway thats my view . To me the issue should be between violence and non violent SkullPilot .

I don't care if the crime is violent or not
IMO no one with a criminal record of any kind is responsible enough to be allowed to carry a firearm

I don't care if the crime is violent or not
IMO no one with a criminal record of any kind is responsible enough to be allowed to carry a firearm
Meanwhile Democrats make everything illegal and make everyone criminals.

Forum List

Back