Why Do All Women Paint Their Toenails?

Seriously... why do they?

I don't - but I think I'm the only one left in America that doesn't....
Painting nails goes back as far as 3200 BC. It seems to be a trend that rises and falls through the centuries.

I'm sure it's just a natural outgrowth, pun intended, of painting fingernails.

And those are so painted traditionally red to display that a female is menstruating (red=blood) and ready to breed. Used to be it was always red, then other colours appeared as a spinoff. No doubt it migrated to toes the same way.

But yeah the whole obsession with feet/pedicures, and nails in general, is kind of weird.

Painting nails goes back as far as 3200 BC. It seems to be a trend that rises and falls through the centuries.

And those are so painted traditionally red to display that a female is menstruating (red=blood) and ready to breed. Used to be it was always red, then other colours appeared as a spinoff. No doubt it migrated to toes the same way.

But yeah the whole obsession with feet/pedicures, and nails in general, is kind of weird.

Well, I don't think there is anything "weird" about wanting to look nice, including your feet and hands (feet especially in the summertime because they are exposed more often). :D I happen to like how my feet and hands look with painted nails.

I like sexy female feet. Painted toenails can enhance.

What I wonder about is facial piercing. Why does a woman (or man) want to have so much metal hanging out of her face that she looks like she was in a fishing accident?
I hear ya. My granddaughter has two rings the are on her lower lip...one on each side of where the nose divides the face.....Looks like crap....

Well, I don't think there is anything "weird" about wanting to look nice, including your feet and hands (feet especially in the summertime because they are exposed more often). :D I happen to like how my feet and hands look with painted nails.

Oh sure, I don't mean that. I mean the obsession level, to the point where there actually exist salons for adorning, whittling and faking fingernails actually exist. That's a weird development.

Oh sure, I don't mean that. I mean the obsession level, to the point where there actually exist salons for adorning, whittling and faking fingernails actually exist. That's a weird development.

Why is that any more weird than fake breasts and arses? :lol: If anything, I would think that undergoing the knife to have some plastic inserted into your butt or boobs is way more strange, or men having cosmetic surgeries to look like women, putting a vagina and breasts where none actually exists. :D

Why is that any more weird than fake breasts and arses? :lol: If anything, I would think that undergoing the knife to have some plastic inserted into your butt or boobs is way more strange, or men having cosmetic surgeries to look like women, putting a vagina and breasts where none actually exists. :D

Oh, it isn't more weird. ;)
All part of the same madness.

Forum List

Back