Why didn't the school shooter use a fully automatic rifle?

Seems like he could have done more damage that way.

Not really. A fully automatic firearm does not necessarily do more damage. It generally means a lot more misses.

That must be why the military uses them. Because they aren't any more useful at killing people than semi-automatics.

The military teaches controlled bursts, not cyclic rate firing. And all individually issued weapons (except the 249 SAW, which I think is a piece of shit) are semi-automatic.

Why didn't the school shooter use a fully automatic rifle? Seems like he could have done more damage that way.
Maybe he didn't realize how easy it is to remove the sear from that Bushmaster, which would make it a fully automatic firearm?

You're way off.

You need to add a sear which requires drilling and milling the receiver.

You're saying it's easier to make a firearm semiauto than full auto? Bullshit.

Not really. A fully automatic firearm does not necessarily do more damage. It generally means a lot more misses.

That must be why the military uses them. Because they aren't any more useful at killing people than semi-automatics.

Again, the military will select semi auto fire when actually shooting at a bad guy. They choose fully automatic to lay down suppression fire, which doesn't tend to actually hit anyone, it just keeps the bad guys from shooting back when our guys move into position.

You're not exactly schooled in the art of war, are you?

I don't think bozo with the gun was, either.

Why wouldn't he have used a grenade launcher? Seems highly coincidental that his weapons of choice (and he can choose any weapon he likes, being non-law abiding) - happened to be in his mom's collection!

Because it's not what his mom had in the house.

winner+winner+chicken+dinner+you+won+on+sweet+life+blog+giveaway.png

Again, the military will select semi auto fire when actually shooting at a bad guy. They choose fully automatic to lay down suppression fire, which doesn't tend to actually hit anyone, it just keeps the bad guys from shooting back when our guys move into position.

Why wouldn't he have used a grenade launcher? Seems highly coincidental that his weapons of choice (and he can choose any weapon he likes, being non-law abiding) - happened to be in his mom's collection!

It wasn't a weapon of choice, it was a weapon of opportunity.

They're more effective in concert, utilizing interlocking fields of fire.

Goddammit, are you a fucking ignorant bastard! :lol:

Why didn't the school shooter use a fully automatic rifle? Seems like he could have done more damage that way.

Maybe he didn't realize how easy it is to remove the sear from that Bushmaster, which would make it a fully automatic firearm?

You mean disabling device required by law on the gun actually thwarted him? Unbelievable! A law like that will only stop LAW ABIDING citizens - not criminals like this guy! I reject you theory based solely on that notion.

First, it's not a "disabling device" required by law. It just happens to be the way that rifle, and most firearms are made...that is, semiautomatic.

You're way off.

No, he's saying that it's a little more involved than just filing off a flange here and there...Which it is.

? Why would that matter? He's not a law abiding citizen. Thus the LAW cannot stop him from getting any kind of weapon he desires. He's surely not going to be restricted by what his mommie has laying around if, like all non-law abiding citizens, he can get any weapon he wants.

Not restricted, but it's what he chose. Sorry if the crazy motherfucker's choice doesn't fit into your agenda, but it is what it is.

Well why do you think he chose that when something more damaging would have killed more people?

Again, a fully automatic firearm would not necessarily have killed more people. It would have in all likelyhood resulted in fewer kills as there would have been far more misses with a full auto. He would have run out of ammunition quicker as well. This is why the military instructs soldiers to use full auto for suppression fire, not for a kill.

Those were the weapons he stole. Perhaps he knew of no one with a grenade launcher, I don't know. What exactly are you suggesting?

Those were the weapons he stole. Perhaps he knew of no one with a grenade launcher, I don't know. What exactly are you suggesting?

He is suggesting himself to be an attention whore.

And we are supposed to have an intelligent discussion about guns and then we have this to deal with...

God help us all!

You're way off.

No, he's saying that it's a little more involved than just filing off a flange here and there...Which it is.

Ah, I see. That's true, there is more to it. But it's not that difficult. When inexperienced guys try to do their own trigger jobs, it's not uncommon to unintentionally end up with a fully automatic pistol. I've seen it happen many times. The first time they test the firearm and it goes full auto, they first shit their pants, then they always manage to take it to a real pistolsmith for a proper trigger job!

He is suggesting himself to be an attention whore.

In full meltdown!

He's trying to make the argument that if Lanza was already willing to break laws and kill people, why not break more laws and get more destructive weapons.

The question was already answered, but OohPoo didn't like the answer.

What kind of stupid question is that? Are you disappointed that he didn't kill even MORE children?

You're a sick individual. :mad:

Getting dumber every day.

The Army uses fully automatic weapons to suppress return fire, not to kill people.

New Topics

Forum List

Back