Why Didn't Indian Tribes Repel The Colonists?

This obsession of some with debunking of the Noble Savage myth is really nothing more than an overall campaign to advance the myth of the Noble European.

Those who dispute the true savage nature of the Native American and their demise not by slaughter but disease during the early years of European immigration, are proof of the leftist anti-American indoctrination in our schools, media, Hollywood, and by politicians and other shysters.....These people can be counted on to be easily duped by the power elite, over and over again.

You don't realize that the diseases were merely a side effect of the European invasion which had as its sole purpose to take the land FROM the Indian tribes and make it their own -

by any means necessary, as history demonstrated?

The Euros and later the Americans had no idea how disease was transmitted. So, you point is completely ignorant.

Many settlers settled land that was completely unoccupied, because the Indians had all died from disease...NOT from Euros and Americans murdering them.

Yes atrocities were committed by Euros and Americans. I agree with this, but not nearly at the level you and many foolish anti American leftest believe...or were brainwashed to believe. However, you are too slanted to recognize that the Indians committed atrocities on Euros and Americans. The Indians were pure and nice and innocent...right?

Those who dispute the true savage nature of the Native American and their demise not by slaughter but disease during the early years of European immigration, are proof of the leftist anti-American indoctrination in our schools, media, Hollywood, and by politicians and other shysters.....These people can be counted on to be easily duped by the power elite, over and over again.

Read some Indian history and forget the conservative revisionist crap, which is just White guilt.

I post facts, you, simply dare not consider same.....

It is as though changing your mind to accommodate the facts would be an affront to Liberalism. Your motto: 'Onward rather than correctness or rectitude.' Rather like a rhinoceros, fitting your cerebral capacities.

Many of the facts that you post are nothing more than opinions. Learn the difference before you start with the stupid insults.

"Many of the facts that you post are nothing more than opinions..."

Did you actually write that????

What....as satire???

In post #70 you attributed your what passes for knowledge to 'Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee"!!!!

One reviewer wrote: "What is depressing about this book is that thirty seven years after its publication most Americans are still so ill informed about the 19th century history of the West that they continue to give it rave reviews.
Mr. Brown was a gifted story teller but he was no historian (he was actually the librarian at the College of Agriculture at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana) and his account of the deeply moving and troubled tale of the clash of civilizations that was played out in the West (and it was truly a clash of civilizations: Irish-American vs. Anglo-American vs. Hispanic-American vs. Mormon-American vs. Union-American vs. ex-Confederate-American vs. New England American vs. Midwestern American vs. Brule Sioux vs. Northern Cheyenne vs. Southern Cheyenne vs. Blackfoot vs. Hopi vs. Navajo - and the list goes on) is, in my opinion, only slightly better than a caricature."

Your only hope is the following:

1. Carefully read ever single word I post.
2. Take notes on same.
3.Then, laminate those notes and keep them in you wallet.
4. Memorize this mantra, and repeat it constantly: "PoliticalChic...I worship the ground she walks on!"

...at least fifty times a day.

And.....never doubt me again!

Are you really this thick? Thank you for proving my point, no facts in this cut and paste. You do know that reviews are opinions, do you not?

How long will you attempt to hide behind the oh-so-sophomoric "Thank you for proving my point,..."?

What I have proven is not only the contention of the OP, the facts about the so-called 'Native Americans,' but how truly abject your ignorance is.

That seems an indelible liability of Liberals.

You don't realize that the diseases were merely a side effect of the European invasion which had as its sole purpose to take the land FROM the Indian tribes and make it their own -

by any means necessary, as history demonstrated?

The Euros and later the Americans had no idea how disease was transmitted. So, you point is completely ignorant.

Many settlers settled land that was completely unoccupied, because the Indians had all died from disease...NOT from Euros and Americans murdering them.

Yes atrocities were committed by Euros and Americans. I agree with this, but not nearly at the level you and many foolish anti American leftest believe...or were brainwashed to believe. However, you are too slanted to recognize that the Indians committed atrocities on Euros and Americans. The Indians were pure and nice and innocent...right?

How many times does this have to be pointed out? The Indians lived in the Americas. That was their home. They were driven off their lands, mostly by force, so the foreign invaders could have that land for themselves. They were decimated in the process. What kind of people they were is largely irrelevant.

When the Europeans first arrived on our shores they were not much more technologically advance then the Indians. True they had steel, ships and guns, but the guns were pathetic weapons. The matchlock, the gun the used, required that a match (wick) be kept burning in order to fire it; for that reason, it could not be in even damp weather. It was very slow to reload. The un-granulated power it used had to be very carefully loaded into the barrel or it would smolder instead of firing. And it was heavy and not particularly accurate. The only advantages it had was that it had a fair range, good knock down power and it was ly easy to learn to use. The flintlock was a vast improvement.

Read some Indian history and forget the conservative revisionist crap, which is just White guilt.

It is as though changing your mind to accommodate the facts would be an affront to Liberalism. Your motto: 'Onward rather than correctness or rectitude.' Rather like a rhinoceros, fitting your cerebral capacities.

Many of the facts that you post are nothing more than opinions. Learn the difference before you start with the stupid insults.

What....as satire???

In post #70 you attributed your what passes for knowledge to 'Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee"!!!!

One reviewer wrote: "What is depressing about this book is that thirty seven years after its publication most Americans are still so ill informed about the 19th century history of the West that they continue to give it rave reviews.
Mr. Brown was a gifted story teller but he was no historian (he was actually the librarian at the College of Agriculture at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana) and his account of the deeply moving and troubled tale of the clash of civilizations that was played out in the West (and it was truly a clash of civilizations: Irish-American vs. Anglo-American vs. Hispanic-American vs. Mormon-American vs. Union-American vs. ex-Confederate-American vs. New England American vs. Midwestern American vs. Brule Sioux vs. Northern Cheyenne vs. Southern Cheyenne vs. Blackfoot vs. Hopi vs. Navajo - and the list goes on) is, in my opinion, only slightly better than a caricature."

2. Take notes on same.
4. Memorize this mantra, and repeat it constantly: "PoliticalChic...I worship the ground she walks on!"

Are you really this thick? Thank you for proving my point, no facts in this cut and paste. You do know that reviews are opinions, do you not?

How long will you attempt to hide behind the oh-so-sophomoric "Thank you for proving my point,..."?

What I have proven is not only the contention of the OP, the facts about the so-called 'Native Americans,' but how truly abject your ignorance is.

Who do you claim is lying about the history of the American Indian? Am I wrong to assume that it's common knowledge that diseases decimated the tribes? Am I wrong to assume that it's common knowledge that Indians took up many items of European civilization, such as tools, weapons, etc.,

not to mention the horse, for chrissakes?

You seem to constructing a pointless strawman.

I suspect I know more about Native American history than do you.

With few exemptions, the tribes that inhabited North America were constantly at war with each other, committed atrocities even today's fanatical Islamist would find revolting...like skinning victims alive, cannibalism, and outrageous forms of torture and cruelty. These acts were committed as if it were a celebration...the women and children even took part...finding great joy in it. The more the victim screamed for mercy, the more pleased were the torturers.

Was that going on in America during the Inquisition? During the time of the burning of witches in Europe? During the Republic of Rome's affection for crucifixion?

An anecdote, since the author of this thread thinks that anecdotes are sufficient evidence.

This one is local history, from my end of NY.

The Sullivan/Clinton campaign during the Revolutionary War was an action carried out by the Continental Army to destroy the homelands of the Iroquois Confederacy, or at least a good part of it....

"By September 1, Sullivan's force had reached Seneca Lake and proceeded to destroy all the principal villages in the area. Many of the troops were shocked upon entering these villages.

They found not the crude bark huts or longhouses of "Savages," but instead orderly rows of houses built of hewn timbers and frame houses with windows.

Well-cultivated vegetable fields extended out from the villages, along with extensive apple, peach, and cherry orchards. Many of these Indian villages rivaled or surpassed the towns that the soldiers had come from."

Read the whole story, unvarnished, here:

The Clinton-Sullivan Campaign of 1779 - Fort Stanwix National Monument U.S. National Park Service

What....as satire???

2. Take notes on same.

It hurt, did it not? At least you did not cut and paste your reply, but as usual, it was opinion, not fact.

Last edited:
1450985_622421444484655_1660130306_n.jpg

Forum List

Back