Why Did You Leave Christianity Behind?

Another reason I left my faith is because I couldn't be objective about the good that my faith has done. I could only see the bad.
Religion is like a drug. You live in an altered state of reality and refuse to see the the way they are, just the way you believe they are. I've met plenty of Christians that are quite arrogant about their worldview. You are providing it in droves.
That's pretty much what Karl Marx believed too. "Religion is the opium of the people." His full quote was, "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". Karl Marx

Opium of the people - Wikipedia

I don't think that analogy applies. First of all it is an invitation for other people to come and trash New Jersey which is a callout. An analogy of a non-callout thread would be "why did you leave your state?" He isn't looking for Christians to come and defend Christianity. He is looking to criticize Christianity in an echo chamber.
You're an idiot. Let's get that out of the way. Why one leaves a state isn't waving a red flag to those who like the state unless you have the brain of a bull. It isn't a callout to a normal person if one asks why they no longer believe xyz. You are being hyper defensive so that must mean you have doubts. You're coming here to buttress them for yourself.
It is if that is his intention. You know... I've done pretty well in life for an idiot.
Which means absolutely nothing to the topic.
Right. It was a response to your reply. Do you want to go back on topic now?

Why did you leave Christianity?
I said so in my first post and you are continuing to prove you're an idiot.
I must have missed that. It is similar to the reasons I have listed so far?

You have effectively created a call out thread. You don't say why did I leave religion or why did I leave my faith. You are calling out Christianity and inviting any asshole to take pot shots. For the record I left my faith at 18. You know why? Because I was a dumb ass. I thought I knew everything like you.
That's a bizarre response. If someone said why did you leave New Jersey that's an invite for New Jerseyites to come and rescue their beloved state? If you are happy with your faith that's fine but if you feel compelled to tell people how they erred then you are really just trying to convince yourself.
I don't think that analogy applies. First of all it is an invitation for other people to come and trash New Jersey which is a callout. An analogy of a non-callout thread would be "why did you leave your state?" He isn't looking for Christians to come and defend Christianity. He is looking to criticize Christianity in an echo chamber.
Wrong. Again...
Another reason I left my faith is because I couldn't be objective about the good that my faith has done. I could only see the bad.

You are such a phony. You returned to your 'faith' like a dog returns to its vomit.
Why did you leave your faith?

That's a bizarre response. If someone said why did you leave New Jersey that's an invite for New Jerseyites to come and rescue their beloved state? If you are happy with your faith that's fine but if you feel compelled to tell people how they erred then you are really just trying to convince yourself.
Wrong. Again...

You are such a phony. You returned to your 'faith' like a dog returns to its vomit.

You are hard of reading... sorry, I'll try to type louder.

Wrong. Again...

I don't believe your link worked the way you intended it to work.

Do you understand how subversion works? Here is a primer for you.
I don't let idiots jerk me around.
So you wish to remain ignorant on how subversives go about brainwashing a nation?
Yeah, I'm ignorant without the video clip. Moron.
Often times ignorance is insolent. This is especially true for ignorance that thinks it knows.
That's what I found in abundance in Christianity. There's no smug like Christian smug.

Wrong. Again...

Oh really?

To make it simple, it was because of sanctimonious actors and lying frauds like you who only love and practice deceit and pretend to be righteous but openly defy the law of God and openly defile and contaminate the minds of the gullible as an expression of their religious devotion to knowingly and deliberately perpetuate evil...

Was that clear enough for you?

Last edited:
Religion is like a drug. You live in an altered state of reality and refuse to see the the way they are, just the way you believe they are. I've met plenty of Christians that are quite arrogant about their worldview. You are providing it in droves.
That's pretty much what Karl Marx believed too. "Religion is the opium of the people." His full quote was, "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". Karl Marx
Wikipedia is a joke, like you. But just because a commie said it, that doesn't make it false. It's just you dishonestly trying to smear me. Like a good Christian.

He wanted to replace religion with state, my purpose was to free my mind of all preconceived notions.

So you wish to remain ignorant on how subversives go about brainwashing a nation?
Often times ignorance is insolent. This is especially true for ignorance that thinks it knows.
That's what I found in abundance in Christianity. There's no smug like Christian smug.
I see. So that applies to all Christians?

Oh really?

To make it simple, it was because of sanctimonious actors and lying frauds like you who only love and practice deceit and pretend to be righteous but openly defy the law of God and openly defile and contaminate the minds of the gullible as an expression of their religious devotion to knowingly and deliberately perpetuate evil...

Was that clear enough for you?
Yes, really. I see. So you abandoned your faith because of flawed men?

Wikipedia is a joke, like you. But just because a commie said it, that doesn't make it false. It's just you dishonestly trying to smear me. Like a good Christian.

He wanted to replace religion with state, my purpose was to free my mind of all preconceived notions.
Your words don't hurt me, but if it makes you feel better to do so, please do. Yes, it does not make it false just like it does not mean it serves those "commies" purposes either. Maybe if you had listened to Yuri Bezmenov's account you would have understood. I am not trying to smear you, I am trying to tell you that you serve their purpose.

Irony.
How so?

Your words don't hurt me, but if it makes you feel better to do so, please do. Yes, it does not make it false just like it does not mean it serves those "commies" purposes either. Maybe if you had listened to Yuri Bezmenov's account you would have understood. I am not trying to smear you, I am trying to tell you that you serve their purpose.
How did you interpret me as trying to hurt you? That's just bizarre. I've heard that video years ago, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you. I didn't learn anything new then, how could I now?

How does it serve their purpose if more people are able to use their own minds? It's not a Christian or atheist thing as you guys love to believe.

How did you interpret me as trying to hurt you? That's just bizarre. I've heard that video years ago, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you. I didn't learn anything new then, how could I now?

How does it serve their purpose if more people are able to use their own minds? It's not a Christian or atheist thing as you guys love to believe.
By your insults of course. It was almost liberal like behavior. See chart below.

Most conservatives find "How to Brainwash a Nation" to be informative in that it describes what progressives are doing today. I'm surprised you don't too. They follow a set plan.

1. de-MORALIZE
2. destabilize
3. crisis
4. normalization.

You help them do #1 which leads to #2 then #3 and finally #4. You are doing it now.

grahams_hierarchy_of_disagreement-en-svg.png

By your insults of course. It was almost liberal like behavior. See chart below.

Most conservatives find "How to Brainwash a Nation" to be informative in that it describes what progressives are doing today. I'm surprised you don't too. They follow a set plan.

1. de-MORALIZE
2. destabilize
3. crisis
4. normalization.

You help them do #1 which leads to #2 then #3 and finally #4. You are doing it now.
I'm not new to this and your incessant yapping like a little poodle about things you know nothing about doesn't make you look any better. I'm surprise you're here. Why prove what a dumbfuck you are? Glutton for punishment?

You started out as a smug little asshole and thought you could pin it on me.

1. de-MORALIZE
2. destabilize
3. crisis
4. normalization.

I'm not new to this and your incessant yapping like a little poodle about things you know nothing about doesn't make you look any better. I'm surprise you're here. Why prove what a dumbfuck you are? Glutton for punishment?

You started out as a smug little asshole and thought you could pin it on me.
Your tactics don't work with me. I respond with facts and reason. You lack objectivity on this subject. You blame Christianity and God for the bad but give them no credit for the good. By any objective measure Christianity has been the greatest force for good. And when it comes to atheism, you do the exact opposite, you only see the good and ignore the bad which by any objective measure has led to the greatest atrocity in the history of mankind. You can call me a dumbfuck and a glutton for punishment, but it won't change these facts or the history and reason behind these facts.

You blame Christianity and God for the bad but give them no credit for the good.

and you are so different with the hatred you have for Karl Marx, is not the same ... was the Soviet Union any worse than with Tsar Nicholas II, Nicholas the Bloody ...

You can call me a dumbfuck and a glutton for punishment, but it won't change these facts or the history and reason behind these facts.

you are one delusional sick puppy.

Forum List

Back