Why did we stop inventing gods?

The ancients were quite good at inventing new gods. The bible shows that the Jews invented many gods before deciding that god could not be defined and settled for “I am“, as the greatest expression of god. “I am” as spoken as a man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJkNs512Lsk

Jews, in their oral tradition, gave man the last word in what god and his policies were to be. They accepted that the man they chose as head Rabbi of their Divine council had the power to overrule their written tradition. Man’s words, not an imaginary god, had the final say on policy. Man was supreme and not one of the imaginary gods.

Christianity then changed much of the morals and policies of their newly invented god, Yahweh, and also transferred the power of god to a man. Jesus. Jesus was now placed at the power seat at the right hand of his newly invented god and placed Yahweh in the right hemisphere of the brain, as shown in the art of the day as depicted by Michelangelo in his creation painting in the Vatican.

Islam then invented Allah, and so far, rightfully named him the last god to be invented. Foolish but true to date.

I see that search for a god as a search for the best laws and rules to live life by. After all, we cannot follow an imaginary god and can only follow the laws and rules that those imaginary gods has spoken, recognizing of course, that only a person can speak those laws and rules and that it was really a wise person who was uttering those words.

Gnostic Christians always saw those invented gods, specifically Yahweh, Jesus and Allah, as immoral and not worthy of us and that is why they named those gods as immoral and vile demiurges. This is not to say that those demiurges did not have some good policies but only says that a better god could and should be invented. Gnostic Christianity lost the god wars and was decimated the moment Christianity gained political power which they used to end freedom of religion.

Are immoral demiurges like Yahweh, Jesus and Allah, the best that mankind can come up with?

Why do you think we stopped inventing gods and settled for demonstrably immoral ones?

Regards

DL

P.S. Gods are the opium of the people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uEMOeDZsA
Will all religions disappear or will a new one replace them?

I don't see modern man falling for another new religion. What I can see happening is a new church that is not Jewish Christian or Muslim. It doesn't claim a God visited. It studies all the ancient religions and simply believe that there must be a God and it would only preach love.

What I see replacing the present religions and appeasing our tribal natures will be atheist churches as we see them now starting already.

I also hope that my all inclusive and universal religion/theology/philosophy, Gnostic Christianity, become the one true religion that it was always destined to be.

It does not have faith that there is a god other than man. In that, it follows the thinking of the more intelligent ancient thinkers.

Please follow this link.

What is God?

We do not preach only love although our preaching of hate is done out of love. We see a time to love and a time to hate. We hate evil and those religions like Christianity and Islam who preach evil, intolerance, homophobia and misogyny.

We live partly by this quote.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

That is why Christianity decimated us the moment they gained political power and also introduced the end of freedom of religion that persisted until secular law brought Christianity to heel. We will have to do the same thing with Islam. Through their reform or death.

We cannot let their immoral Jihad win.

Regards
DL
Protestant churches are already atheist churches and they have always worshipped gold and silver rather than God.

1 Nephi 14:10
10 And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.

In the true church there is but one God over this earth. In the church of the devil, there are many false churches and Gods. Some have been set up to emulate the true church of God and have mixed evil with good to fool those on the earth. Others worship dumb idols. And yet others worship the non-existence of God and as mentioned earlier science even when science itself has been corrupted with false teachings.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:24-25
24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;
25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.

In the beginning, there was only god, to a believer, so believers must see god as the liar. That is part of why Gnostic Christians call god a vile demiurge.

Scriptures even back up that view.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

God being a God of goodness will not always allow the wicked to proper. He will not bless them in their evil ways but will confound the wicked that they prosper not. The above verses speak of Ahab, who was the most wicked of all the kings of Israel. He was married to Jezebel.

1 Kings 21:25
25 But there was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work wickedness in the sight of the Lord, whom Jezebel his wife stirred up.

Jezebel
A Phoenician princess, daughter of Ethbaal, king of Zidonians, and wife of Ahab, king of Israel (1 Kgs. 16:31). This marriage, more than any other single event, caused the downfall of the northern kingdom, as Jezebel introduced into Israel the worst forms of Phoenician worship in place of the worship of Jehovah (1 Kgs. 18:4, 13, 19; 19:1–2; see also 21:5–25; 2 Kgs. 9). In Rev. 2:20 the name is applied figuratively to a woman (or sect) causing great harm to the Church in Thyatira. See also Athaliah.

Ahab
(1) Son of Omri, and the most wicked and most powerful of the kings of northern Israel; he married Jezebel, a Sidonian princess, through whose influence the worship of Baal and Asherah was established in Israel (1 Kgs. 16:32–33; 2 Kgs. 3:2); and an attempt was made to exterminate the prophets and the worship of Jehovah (1 Kgs. 18:13). We have another instance of Jezebel’s evil influence over Ahab in the story of Naboth (1 Kgs. 21). During Ahab’s reign the kingdom of Israel was politically strong. After a struggle with Benhadad, king of Syria, in which Ahab was successful (1 Kgs. 20), Israel and Syria made an alliance for the purpose of opposing Assyria. We learn from Assyrian inscriptions that the united forces were defeated by Shalmaneser Ⅲ, and Ahab then made an alliance with Jehoshaphat, king of Judah, against Syria and was killed while attempting to capture Ramoth-gilead (1 Kgs. 22; 2 Chr. 18).

Do you blame the LORD for confounding wickedness and prospering righteousness?

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.

Jer 4:1 states:

Jeremiah 4:1
1 If thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the Lord, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove.

Again, it is because of the wickedness of the people that the LORD allows them to be deceived. The LORD will not prosper the wicked.

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. - Jeremiah 20:7

All your quotes deal with God's not backing the wickedness of the ungodly. God will not prosper the wicked in their evil ways but will send then strong delusion.

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

That pesky God sure works in mysterious ways.

I do agree that the church is evil and corrupt though.

I also think that those who believe in a supernatural god or Satan should seek help.

Regards
DL

God blocking the tree of life was for man's own good. Once man had become a fallen creature, he needed time to repent of his sins. Life then became a probationary state. A time for man to repent and turn from his evil ways and worship God. Had Adam and Eve partaken of the tree of life before repenting of their sin, they would have lived forever in a state of unrepentance and would not have received the mercy they needed. God blocked the tree to give them the opportunity to repent and come unto him.

Alma 12:21-30
21 What does the scripture mean, which saith that God placed cherubim and a flaming sword on the east of the garden of Eden, lest our first parents should enter and partake of the fruit of the tree of life, and live forever? And thus we see that there was no possible chance that they should live forever.
22 Now Alma said unto him: This is the thing which I was about to explain. Now we see that Adam did fall by the partaking of the forbidden fruit, according to the word of God; and thus we see, that by his fall, all mankind became a lost and fallen people.
23 And now behold, I say unto you that if it had been possible for Adam to have partaken of the fruit of the tree of life at that time, there would have been no death, and the word would have been void, making God a liar, for he said: If thou eat thou shalt surely die.
24 And we see that death comes upon mankind, yea, the death which has been spoken of by Amulek, which is the temporal death; nevertheless there was a space granted unto man in which he might repent; therefore this life became a probationary state; a time to prepare to meet God; a time to prepare for that endless state which has been spoken of by us, which is after the resurrection of the dead.
25 Now, if it had not been for the plan of redemption, which was laid from the foundation of the world, there could have been no resurrection of the dead; but there was a plan of redemption laid, which shall bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, of which has been spoken.
26 And now behold, if it were possible that our first parents could have gone forth and partaken of the tree of life they would have been forever miserable, having no preparatory state; and thus the plan of redemption would have been frustrated, and the word of God would have been void, taking none effect.
27 But behold, it was not so; but it was appointed unto men that they must die; and after death, they must come to judgment, even that same judgment of which we have spoken, which is the end.
28 And after God had appointed that these things should come unto man, behold, then he saw that it was expedient that man should know concerning the things whereof he had appointed unto them;
29 Therefore he sent angels to converse with them, who caused men to behold of his glory.
30 And they began from that time forth to call on his name; therefore God conversed with men, and made known unto them the plan of redemption, which had been prepared from the foundation of the world; and this he made known unto them according to their faith and repentance and their holy works.
We still don't have any idea who composed the Book Of The Mormons.

Joseph P. Smith could not have done it because he was illiterate.

Oliver Cowdrey was a schoolteacher and scholar so he might have been the one.

Solomon Spalding might have been the one also.

The funniest thing about the Book Of The Mormons is that it contains verbatim errors in the KJV which we now today can easily find because we have ready access to the ancient Hebrew Tenakh and the ancient Greek New Testament.

Whoever plagiarized The Book Of The Mormons did not have this access. Hence the KJV was used to plagiarize it.

I am going to call this an a-posteriori finding of fact because it is impossible to deny it without guzzling about a ton of Koolaid.

Ergo, it makes no logical sense to quote from a fiction novel to cite your religious beliefs, even though the fiction novel has several million readers in several languages and is a bestseller.

I like fiction, but fiction can never substitute for fact.

Online Hebrew Interlinear Bible

Online Greek Interlinear Bible

Some of the translations then would support the authenticity of the Book of Mormon. Book of Mormon/Anachronisms/Translation Errors from the KJV - FairMormon

10 And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.

In the true church there is but one God over this earth. In the church of the devil, there are many false churches and Gods. Some have been set up to emulate the true church of God and have mixed evil with good to fool those on the earth. Others worship dumb idols. And yet others worship the non-existence of God and as mentioned earlier science even when science itself has been corrupted with false teachings.

24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;
25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.

In the beginning, there was only god, to a believer, so believers must see god as the liar. That is part of why Gnostic Christians call god a vile demiurge.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.

God being a God of goodness will not always allow the wicked to proper. He will not bless them in their evil ways but will confound the wicked that they prosper not. The above verses speak of Ahab, who was the most wicked of all the kings of Israel. He was married to Jezebel.

25 But there was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work wickedness in the sight of the Lord, whom Jezebel his wife stirred up.

Jezebel
A Phoenician princess, daughter of Ethbaal, king of Zidonians, and wife of Ahab, king of Israel (1 Kgs. 16:31). This marriage, more than any other single event, caused the downfall of the northern kingdom, as Jezebel introduced into Israel the worst forms of Phoenician worship in place of the worship of Jehovah (1 Kgs. 18:4, 13, 19; 19:1–2; see also 21:5–25; 2 Kgs. 9). In Rev. 2:20 the name is applied figuratively to a woman (or sect) causing great harm to the Church in Thyatira. See also Athaliah.

Ahab
(1) Son of Omri, and the most wicked and most powerful of the kings of northern Israel; he married Jezebel, a Sidonian princess, through whose influence the worship of Baal and Asherah was established in Israel (1 Kgs. 16:32–33; 2 Kgs. 3:2); and an attempt was made to exterminate the prophets and the worship of Jehovah (1 Kgs. 18:13). We have another instance of Jezebel’s evil influence over Ahab in the story of Naboth (1 Kgs. 21). During Ahab’s reign the kingdom of Israel was politically strong. After a struggle with Benhadad, king of Syria, in which Ahab was successful (1 Kgs. 20), Israel and Syria made an alliance for the purpose of opposing Assyria. We learn from Assyrian inscriptions that the united forces were defeated by Shalmaneser Ⅲ, and Ahab then made an alliance with Jehoshaphat, king of Judah, against Syria and was killed while attempting to capture Ramoth-gilead (1 Kgs. 22; 2 Chr. 18).

1 If thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the Lord, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove.

Again, it is because of the wickedness of the people that the LORD allows them to be deceived. The LORD will not prosper the wicked.

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

All your quotes deal with God's not backing the wickedness of the ungodly. God will not prosper the wicked in their evil ways but will send then strong delusion.

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

I also think that those who believe in a supernatural god or Satan should seek help.

Regards
DL

God blocking the tree of life was for man's own good. Once man had become a fallen creature, he needed time to repent of his sins. Life then became a probationary state. A time for man to repent and turn from his evil ways and worship God. Had Adam and Eve partaken of the tree of life before repenting of their sin, they would have lived forever in a state of unrepentance and would not have received the mercy they needed. God blocked the tree to give them the opportunity to repent and come unto him.

21 What does the scripture mean, which saith that God placed cherubim and a flaming sword on the east of the garden of Eden, lest our first parents should enter and partake of the fruit of the tree of life, and live forever? And thus we see that there was no possible chance that they should live forever.
22 Now Alma said unto him: This is the thing which I was about to explain. Now we see that Adam did fall by the partaking of the forbidden fruit, according to the word of God; and thus we see, that by his fall, all mankind became a lost and fallen people.
23 And now behold, I say unto you that if it had been possible for Adam to have partaken of the fruit of the tree of life at that time, there would have been no death, and the word would have been void, making God a liar, for he said: If thou eat thou shalt surely die.
24 And we see that death comes upon mankind, yea, the death which has been spoken of by Amulek, which is the temporal death; nevertheless there was a space granted unto man in which he might repent; therefore this life became a probationary state; a time to prepare to meet God; a time to prepare for that endless state which has been spoken of by us, which is after the resurrection of the dead.
25 Now, if it had not been for the plan of redemption, which was laid from the foundation of the world, there could have been no resurrection of the dead; but there was a plan of redemption laid, which shall bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, of which has been spoken.
26 And now behold, if it were possible that our first parents could have gone forth and partaken of the tree of life they would have been forever miserable, having no preparatory state; and thus the plan of redemption would have been frustrated, and the word of God would have been void, taking none effect.
27 But behold, it was not so; but it was appointed unto men that they must die; and after death, they must come to judgment, even that same judgment of which we have spoken, which is the end.
28 And after God had appointed that these things should come unto man, behold, then he saw that it was expedient that man should know concerning the things whereof he had appointed unto them;
29 Therefore he sent angels to converse with them, who caused men to behold of his glory.
30 And they began from that time forth to call on his name; therefore God conversed with men, and made known unto them the plan of redemption, which had been prepared from the foundation of the world; and this he made known unto them according to their faith and repentance and their holy works.

Jezebel

Ahab

Regards
DL

"God being a God of goodness will not always allow the wicked to proper."

A good god would not allow the wicked to prosper at all.

As above so below.

You are to emulate your god. Let's say your neighbor sells drugs and prostitutes. Would you sit back and let your wicked neighbor prosper?

If so why?

If not, then you are not emulating your god so must think your morals to be better than his.

Regards
DL

The ancients were quite good at inventing new gods. The bible shows that the Jews invented many gods before deciding that god could not be defined and settled for “I am“, as the greatest expression of god. “I am” as spoken as a man.

Jews, in their oral tradition, gave man the last word in what god and his policies were to be. They accepted that the man they chose as head Rabbi of their Divine council had the power to overrule their written tradition. Man’s words, not an imaginary god, had the final say on policy. Man was supreme and not one of the imaginary gods.

Christianity then changed much of the morals and policies of their newly invented god, Yahweh, and also transferred the power of god to a man. Jesus. Jesus was now placed at the power seat at the right hand of his newly invented god and placed Yahweh in the right hemisphere of the brain, as shown in the art of the day as depicted by Michelangelo in his creation painting in the Vatican.

Islam then invented Allah, and so far, rightfully named him the last god to be invented. Foolish but true to date.

I see that search for a god as a search for the best laws and rules to live life by. After all, we cannot follow an imaginary god and can only follow the laws and rules that those imaginary gods has spoken, recognizing of course, that only a person can speak those laws and rules and that it was really a wise person who was uttering those words.

Gnostic Christians always saw those invented gods, specifically Yahweh, Jesus and Allah, as immoral and not worthy of us and that is why they named those gods as immoral and vile demiurges. This is not to say that those demiurges did not have some good policies but only says that a better god could and should be invented. Gnostic Christianity lost the god wars and was decimated the moment Christianity gained political power which they used to end freedom of religion.

Are immoral demiurges like Yahweh, Jesus and Allah, the best that mankind can come up with?

Why do you think we stopped inventing gods and settled for demonstrably immoral ones?

Regards

DL

I don't see modern man falling for another new religion. What I can see happening is a new church that is not Jewish Christian or Muslim. It doesn't claim a God visited. It studies all the ancient religions and simply believe that there must be a God and it would only preach love.

What I see replacing the present religions and appeasing our tribal natures will be atheist churches as we see them now starting already.

I also hope that my all inclusive and universal religion/theology/philosophy, Gnostic Christianity, become the one true religion that it was always destined to be.

It does not have faith that there is a god other than man. In that, it follows the thinking of the more intelligent ancient thinkers.

Please follow this link.

What is God?

We do not preach only love although our preaching of hate is done out of love. We see a time to love and a time to hate. We hate evil and those religions like Christianity and Islam who preach evil, intolerance, homophobia and misogyny.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

That is why Christianity decimated us the moment they gained political power and also introduced the end of freedom of religion that persisted until secular law brought Christianity to heel. We will have to do the same thing with Islam. Through their reform or death.

Regards
DL
Either you are a live and let live theist or gtfu!

A live and let live theist I am not as I cannot ignore evil.

If you can you are neither moral or good.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is live and let live.

Regards
DL
We have laws. I guess in a democracy with free speech it is your right to have society run the way you think it aught to be run. But, for example abortion, don't be surprised when our secular laws don't perfectly match up to your religions rules.

My religion has a spiritual aspect that deals with our spiritual natures and it has a political side that deals with our bodies and the reality of physical life. There is seldom conflict as we try to make as above so below a fact of life. If there is a conflict then man. as in the Jewish oral tradition, rules over god.

Secular laws have demonstrably bested the god given laws.

As it should be as we have evolved whereas the gods have stagnated in their immoral tenets of ancient and barbaric days.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL

Please follow this link.

What is God?

Regards
DL
Either you are a live and let live theist or gtfu!

A live and let live theist I am not as I cannot ignore evil.

If you can you are neither moral or good.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is live and let live.

Regards
DL
So you must have really loved the James Bond 007 movie "Live And Let Die" then !?

:D

For sure.

If we had not brought Christianity and Christians to heel, we would have had to destroy them all.

I hope Islam is as cooperative.

I think the world is getting fed up with Inquisitions and jihads.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL

Please follow this link.

What is God?

Regards
DL
Protestant churches are already atheist churches and they have always worshipped gold and silver rather than God.

True. I would also include the Catholics and all the churches and mosques that fly the cross or the star and crescent.

Their immoral tenets almost demand it from them as they all use expensive violence to grow their religions instead of good deeds.

Regards
DL

Start this up at about the 10 min. mark for the real story of how Mormonism really started.

It is analogous to how all religions started.

Watch South Park Season 7 Episode 12 All About the Mormons? on Playlist | Watch cartoons online, Watch anime online, English dub anime

Regards
DL
Oh I know the history. I read a lot of history.

Because the Mormons populated Utah they were a significant pioneer force in the Old West.

They started in NYS, moved to Ohio, moved to Missouri, moved to Illinois, and finally moved to Utah.

I guess NYS was too much for them even back then.

Looks like it took them a while to find a nice place.

Salt Lake City is actually quite beautiful and has nice mountains. It is a less expensive place than Tahoe California or even Denver Colorado. I know a few people who have retired there due to the outdoors activities available like skiing, fishing, hunting, etc. as well as the lower cost of living. You could also move to Ohio or Oklahoma if you wanted to but who would want to?

I would say they are a special people there, in Utah, who take law and order seriously.

Right now Mitt Romney seems to be their god. He told them Trump was a fraud and they believe him.

Trump has lost the state of Utah as a result.

If Trump were an astute politician, he would have courted Romney not insulted him.

If the GOP were a decent political party they would kick Trump out of their party but their greed and lust for power, and their own failure to find a worthy candidate, shows how fractured and out of tune they are.

A house divided cannot stand.

Regards
DL

New Topics

Forum List

Back