Why did this crazy-assed, drunk white man with a gun get a pass?

I bet you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
You lose, asshole.
I ran a retail gun shop for 8 years. I took advanced classes in firearms and they often included legal considerations of shoots. I talked to dozens of officers because the precinct was down the street from me. I asked them about their experiences and when they would shoot and when not. I read and discussed cases with them. I talked to defense attorneys about details of different things. I talked to instructors.
You talk out of your ass. That's the difference between us.

This is the problem with stupid ignorant people. They cannot see differences between two similar but different situations.
The man was not presenting an immediate threat. I cant even tell if the gun is loaded. Yeah he was drunk and obnoxious but he never pointed the gun at anyone. And as far as I can tell he never had his finger on the trigger. The jaywalking charge is just trumped up bullshit.

I was raised to asssume all guns are loaded. Cops are trained the same. It is the height of stupidity to think that he could not or would not point the gun IN AN INSTANT and shoot someone IN AN INSTANT.

He got a pass for the same reason as this --

10600591_686743854752005_5992061217392685829_n.jpg
Gotta love it.

Well, Rabid is the definition of stupid, ignorant people. A white man with a gun threatoning to kill people is just someone having a bad day. But a black teenager jaywalking is a threat to society and should be gunned down.
You mean a gentile giant sort of teenager who was videotaped charging back at an old man whose store he was robbing?
Robbing?

Well, Rabid is the definition of stupid, ignorant people. A white man with a gun threatoning to kill people is just someone having a bad day. But a black teenager jaywalking is a threat to society and should be gunned down.
he didn't threaten to kill people you lying fuck
A drunk guy with a gun in the middle of the street doesn't present a reasonable threat?

Really?

Thank goodness he didn't have a pellet gun - it could have had a different outcome.

Cops Who Killed John Crawford III At Ohio Walmart Shot Him On Sight Attorney
The fact it was a pellet gun is immaterial. There was a guy here who was sticking up pizza delivery guys with an airsoft. They sent an undercover agent and when he pulled the airsoft the cop shot him. Too bad. Dont bring an airsoft to a gunfight.
As for the case, I dont know. Not enough detail to make a determination. I d' have to see the video to decide.
On the surface, that appears to be a reasonable response. Yet, what if the video is troublesome for you? We see how you respond to a troublesome OP (go kill yourself.)

I just have a feeling that your determination will be somewhat similar.

Blood for blood. Gotta even up the score. A Black man shot down in the street by a White cop, so we need to have a few White men shot down in the street by cops? Would White cops do, or do you need to have them shot down by Black cops?

Do you really consider yourself an intelligent adult?

I can't speak for anyone else, but an unarmed black man is shot down, and an armed white guy is negotiated down. I have to wonder what the difference is. Either way, I'd like more negotiations and less shootings.....for everyone.

Thank goodness he didn't have a pellet gun - it could have had a different outcome.

Cops Who Killed John Crawford III At Ohio Walmart Shot Him On Sight Attorney
The fact it was a pellet gun is immaterial. There was a guy here who was sticking up pizza delivery guys with an airsoft. They sent an undercover agent and when he pulled the airsoft the cop shot him. Too bad. Dont bring an airsoft to a gunfight.
As for the case, I dont know. Not enough detail to make a determination. I d' have to see the video to decide.
On the surface, that appears to be a reasonable response. Yet, what if the video is troublesome for you? We see how you respond to a troublesome OP (go kill yourself.)

I just have a feeling that your determination will be somewhat similar.
I havent seen the video. That's probably why I write there isnt enough detail to make a determination. Or did you skip that part of my post?

Blood for blood. Gotta even up the score. A Black man shot down in the street by a White cop, so we need to have a few White men shot down in the street by cops? Would White cops do, or do you need to have them shot down by Black cops?

I can't speak for anyone else, but an unarmed black man is shot down, and an armed white guy is negotiated down. I have to wonder what the difference is. Either way, I'd like more negotiations and less shootings.....for everyone.
The differences between the two situations have been spelled out ad nauseam. Which part confuses you?

The differences between the two situations have been spelled out ad nauseam. Which part confuses you?

The whole damned thing.

This is the problem with stupid ignorant people. They cannot see differences between two similar but different situations.
The man was not presenting an immediate threat. I cant even tell if the gun is loaded. Yeah he was drunk and obnoxious but he never pointed the gun at anyone. And as far as I can tell he never had his finger on the trigger. The jaywalking charge is just trumped up bullshit.
Thank goodness it wasn't a tense situation like the guy in the Walmart with the toy gun.

The whole damned thing.
First true thing you've written.
The difference is the white guy presented no immediate threat. Yes he had a gun. Yes he was a potential threat. But you dont shoot a potential threat. You disarm it, contain it,etc. An immediate threat you shoot. Which is what happened to Brown. He had demonstrated ability and intent to hurt the officer, and the officer shot him.

Thank goodness it wasn't a tense situation like the guy in the Walmart with the toy gun.
Did you watch the video of the guy in the Walmart with the toy gun?

Actually...and here is where you and I part company....it would be nice if NEITHER of them were shot.

The whole damned thing.
The difference is the white guy presented no immediate threat. Yes he had a gun. Yes he was a potential threat. But you dont shoot a potential threat. You disarm it, contain it,etc. An immediate threat you shoot. Which is what happened to Brown. He had demonstrated ability and intent to hurt the officer, and the officer shot him.

Awwww, I've been here for one day, and I've already got someone doubting everything I write.

Well, Rabbi.....I think someone with a gun is a more immediate threat than someone without a gun. According to the officer, Michael Brown demonstrated ability and intent to hurt him. And that might very well be true. Then again, the shooting officer certainly does have reason to say that Michael Brown was a scary, imminent, deadly threat at that very second. Doesn't he?

Actually...and here is where you and I part company....it would be nice if NEITHER of them were shot.
Not really.
So you didnt see the video of the WM shooting with the toy gun. But that doesnt stop you from having an opinion about it anyway.
Damn the facts.

The whole damned thing.

Awwww, I've been here for one day, and I've already got someone doubting everything I write.

Well, Rabbi.....I think someone with a gun is a more immediate threat than someone without a gun. According to the officer, Michael Brown demonstrated ability and intent to hurt him. And that might very well be true. Then again, the shooting officer certainly does have reason to say that Michael Brown was a scary, imminent, deadly threat at that very second. Doesn't he?
Everything you've written has been crap, is the reason.
Generally someone with a gun presents more threat. But not always. Here's a good case.
Which is more reasonable: The officer, who was a decorated veteran officer, pulled his gun for no particular reason in front of many witnesses and shot a guy just because he thought he could; OR an aggressive oversized black man who had just robbed a store thought the police were going to arrest him and after injuring the officer once he charged at him to put him out of the fight and the officer shot him? Think hard here.

Everything you've written has been crap, is the reason.
Generally someone with a gun presents more threat. But not always. Here's a good case.
Which is more reasonable: The officer, who was a decorated veteran officer, pulled his gun for no particular reason in front of many witnesses and shot a guy just because he thought he could; OR an aggressive oversized black man who had just robbed a store thought the police were going to arrest him and after injuring the officer once he charged at him to put him out of the fight and the officer shot him? Think hard here.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I don't think Officer Wilson killed Brown out of cold blood. I think he either got unreasonably angry or scared. I also think that Michael Brown was jumpy, if he had just committed robbery. However, Officer Wilson did not know that. But he shot Michael Brown from far enough away that there were no powder burns on Brown. Brown was not armed.

I can't pronounce judgment, not knowing every nuance of every fact; that's what juries are for.

Forum List

Back