Why did the Oregon Shooter Only Kill Religious People?

Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message

"Stephanie Salas, the mother of Rand McGowan, another student who survived, said she was told by her son that the shooter asked victims whether they were religious but did not specifically target Christians.

Her son said the shooter had people stand up before asking, "'Do you have a God? Are you Christian? Do you have a religion?'"

Salas said it was like telling the victims "you're going to be meeting your maker."

Salas said the gunman told victims "'this won't hurt very long'" before shooting them".

From what I can tell the school in Oregon is a religious college.

Why was this "atheist" taking classes there?

Did he go there and take classes therefore obviously planning this shooting much farther in advance than people think he did?

Why do you suppose hi singled out the religious for execution?

Because Satan is pissed!

OP.....he only killed Christians

he didn't ask if they were Budists or Jews or or Muslims etc...

he asked if they were Christians

where is the stupid president Obama? where is the rabbit? the idiot Obama???

where????

He was on TV and gave a speech about how utterly disgusting this was, and we need to put an end to it somehow. Sure beats Jeb Bush, "stuff happens".

More likely it was because he knew they weren't armed...

... because when he heard the cops comin'...

... he shot himself.

He was targeting Christians, which probably pleases every Christian hating leftard on this forum.
Again? Based on what evidence?

Lots (too many in my opinion) progressives are do gooder Christians
Based on the fact that he asked the victims if they were Christians, then killed them if they answered yes. Pretty good indication he was targeting Christians. Even you should be able to put 2 and 2 together.

He asked everyone if they were Christians? Now where did you get this?

and even if your idea is true, he would have had to let non Christians go in order to be targeting Christians.

We have too many Christians killing others over religion in this nation. Check out any list of mass shooters, bombers...

Did he go there and take classes therefore obviously planning this shooting much farther in advance than people think he did?

Blissed out religious people can be especially taxing to unhappy people.

Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message

"Stephanie Salas, the mother of Rand McGowan, another student who survived, said she was told by her son that the shooter asked victims whether they were religious but did not specifically target Christians.

Her son said the shooter had people stand up before asking, "'Do you have a God? Are you Christian? Do you have a religion?'"

Salas said it was like telling the victims "you're going to be meeting your maker."

Salas said the gunman told victims "'this won't hurt very long'" before shooting them".
peep

Salas said it was like telling the victims "you're going to be meeting your maker.""
"

A religious school in Oregon? Are you sure? Oregon and Washington State are the two most secular states in the United States.

You have to think about the origin of Oregon. The gold seekers headed out west to find gold and get rich. The people in California found it. The people in Oregon have the same greedy spirit as part of their origin as Californians do but they ended up getting the shaft. Oregonians are very bitter people and hate anything that has any semblance of power. Oregonians hate religion with passionate disgust because of the power it gives its followers. They especially hate Christianity. That hate Christians more than Muslims hate Christians.

Blue Like Jazz is a good movie that portrays the culture of Oregon as viewed by an outsider.

Oregon is the most secular state in the United States. They hate religion.

He was targeting Christians, which probably pleases every Christian hating leftard on this forum.

Based on the fact that he asked the victims if they were Christians, then killed them if they answered yes. Pretty good indication he was targeting Christians. Even you should be able to put 2 and 2 together.

and even if your idea is true, he would have had to let non Christians go in order to be targeting Christians.

We have too many Christians killing others over religion in this nation. Check out any list of mass shooters, bombers...
Another account came from Autumn Vicari, who described to NBC News what her brother J.J. witnessed in the room where the shootings occurred. According to NBC: “Vicari said at one point the shooter told people to stand up before asking whether they were Christian or not. Vicari’s brother told her that anyone who responded ‘yes’ was shot in the head. If they said ‘other’ or didn’t answer, they were shot elsewhere in the body, usually the leg.”"

Oregon shooter said to have singled out Christians for killing in ‘horrific act of cowardice’

Another account came from Autumn Vicari, who described to NBC News what her brother J.J. witnessed in the room where the shootings occurred. According to NBC: “Vicari said at one point the shooter told people to stand up before asking whether they were Christian or not. Vicari’s brother told her that anyone who responded ‘yes’ was shot in the head. If they said ‘other’ or didn’t answer, they were shot elsewhere in the body, usually the leg.”"

Oregon shooter said to have singled out Christians for killing in ‘horrific act of cowardice’
"'Do you have a God? Are you Christian? Do you have a religion?'"

I am sure there are reasons you want to cherry pick unreliable witness statements?

Who knows why nutters do the things they do? They aren't really sane in my eyes, so it is irrelevant. Sometimes people might kill other people because they think they have demons in them or some such nonsense. That's because they are ALL wacky. You would have to be to do something like that!

A religious school in Oregon? Are you sure? Oregon and Washington State are the two most secular states in the United States.

You have to think about the origin of Oregon. The gold seekers headed out west to find gold and get rich. The people in California found it. The people in Oregon have the same greedy spirit as part of their origin as Californians do but they ended up getting the shaft. Oregonians are very bitter people and hate anything that has any semblance of power. Oregonians hate religion with passionate disgust because of the power it gives its followers. They especially hate Christianity. That hate Christians more than Muslims hate Christians.

Blue Like Jazz is a good movie that portrays the culture of Oregon as viewed by an outsider.

Oregon is the most secular state in the United States. They hate religion.

I could be mistaken that the college is religious affiliated. I took it from the many witness reports that most were stating that everyone was praying for everyone and asking that everyone pray for everyone involved.

Normally we get a handful of people at these events that go on and on about the praying thing. I was taken by the fact that EVERY witness interviewed went on and on how god did this and saved so and so and the overwhelming references to the praying. It could be I suppose that the reporters were biased in who they put in their reports and who they excluded. That would be odd up here in the Pacific Northwest where we are not as a whole that churchy.

Upon further reading about the Umpqua Community College I correct my assumption that the JC is religious based. Still I find it odd that the shooter questioned his victims about his or her religious beliefs and every interview I saw seemed pretty heavy on the "God's will" and the "praying for everyone" concerned directly.

He was a Satanist. Not an atheist nor a Muslim. As to why just religious people shot, if it was a religious college what else was there gonna be?

"'Do you have a God? Are you Christian? Do you have a religion?'"

I am sure there are reasons you want to cherry pick unreliable witness statements?

Beautiful! You ignore the fact that every witness said basically the same thing, then say I "cherry picked unreliable witnesses". What's really funny is that you tried to make your point by posting the same link I posted that proves you wrong. Are you on drugs or something?

He was a Satanist. Not an atheist nor a Muslim. As to why just religious people shot, if it was a religious college what else was there gonna be?
He was ASKING them. Where have you been?

It isn't a religious college. I was mistaken. It's just an average Junior College with nothing remarkable about it.

Forum List

Back