Why did obama stop the Keystone pipeline?

hmmm, this is interesting....looks like it it the KOCH BROTHERS who would benefit the MOST from having Keystone xl built.....

Koch Brothers Positioned To Be Big Winners If Keystone XL Pipeline Is Approved | Reuters

What's been left out of the ferocious debate over the pipeline, however, is the prospect that if president Obama allows a permit for the Keystone XL to be granted, he would be handing a big victory and great financial opportunity to Charles and David Koch, his bitterest political enemies and among the most powerful opponents of his clean economy agenda.
The two brothers together own virtually all of Koch Industries Inc. — a giant oil conglomerate headquartered in Wichita, Kan., with annual revenues estimated to be $100 billion.

I had not heard anything on this.....? Is this why the republicans support it so much...even if it means taking away citizens properties who do not want to sell their land for it, via Eminent Domain?

Koch is in the oil busines, no big deal.

Now tie them to the Keystone XL pipeline. Show where they have a vested interest in this project.

big,

here is what I found so far...it is not from what I had read yesterday, which had eminent domain lawsuits in Texas mentioned, but I will keep searching for it...

There wasn't anything in the link you provided.
i'll highlight it for you, since you missed it....i underlined it too....those are EMINENT DOMAIN lawsuits that keystone has filed to TAKE private citizen's land!!!!!

here is another article on it:

A Canadian company has been threatening to confiscate private land from South Dakota to the Gulf of Mexico, and is already suing many who have refused to allow the Keystone XL pipeline on their property even though the controversial project has yet to receive federal approval.

Randy Thompson, a cattle buyer in Nebraska, was informed that if he did not grant pipeline access to 80 of the 400 acres left to him by his mother along the Platte River, “Keystone will use eminent domain to acquire the easement.” Sue Kelso and her large extended family in Oklahoma were sued in the local district court by TransCanada, the pipeline company, after she and her siblings refused to allow the pipeline to cross their pasture.http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/u...omain-fight-over-pipeline.html?pagewanted=all

OK Thanks that last link was all I need to see. if that is the case I would be against the pipe line. That is if it is the case.

But I still say that is not the reason obama is against it. It has proven time and time again private ownership doesn't mean a thing to him, unless it's his privacy

There wasn't anything in the link you provided.
i'll highlight it for you, since you missed it....i underlined it too....those are EMINENT DOMAIN lawsuits that keystone has filed to TAKE private citizen's land!!!!!

A Canadian company has been threatening to confiscate private land from South Dakota to the Gulf of Mexico, and is already suing many who have refused to allow the Keystone XL pipeline on their property even though the controversial project has yet to receive federal approval.

Randy Thompson, a cattle buyer in Nebraska, was informed that if he did not grant pipeline access to 80 of the 400 acres left to him by his mother along the Platte River, “Keystone will use eminent domain to acquire the easement.” Sue Kelso and her large extended family in Oklahoma were sued in the local district court by TransCanada, the pipeline company, after she and her siblings refused to allow the pipeline to cross their pasture.http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/u...omain-fight-over-pipeline.html?pagewanted=all

OK Thanks that last link was all I need to see. if that is the case I would be against the pipe line. That is if it is the case.

But I still say that is not the reason obama is against it. It has proven time and time again private ownership doesn't mean a thing to him, unless it's his privacy
I luv you! thank you for agreeing with me on the eminent domain part....at least we agree with that! :)

care

hmmm, this is interesting....looks like it it the KOCH BROTHERS who would benefit the MOST from having Keystone xl built.....

Koch Brothers Positioned To Be Big Winners If Keystone XL Pipeline Is Approved | Reuters

What's been left out of the ferocious debate over the pipeline, however, is the prospect that if president Obama allows a permit for the Keystone XL to be granted, he would be handing a big victory and great financial opportunity to Charles and David Koch, his bitterest political enemies and among the most powerful opponents of his clean economy agenda.
The two brothers together own virtually all of Koch Industries Inc. — a giant oil conglomerate headquartered in Wichita, Kan., with annual revenues estimated to be $100 billion.
I had not heard anything on this.....? Is this why the republicans support it so much...even if it means taking away citizens properties who do not want to sell their land for it, via Eminent Domain?

Now tie them to the Keystone XL pipeline. Show where they have a vested interest in this project.
Here ya go....but there are many more articles out there if ya google it....here is one of the many:

A SolveClimate News analysis, based on publicly available records, shows that Koch Industries is already responsible for close to 25 percent of the oil sands crude that is imported into the United States, and is well-positioned to benefit from increasing Canadian oil imports.

A Koch Industries operation in Calgary, Alberta, called Flint Hills Resources Canada LP, supplies about 250,000 barrels of tar sands oil a day to a heavy oil refinery in Minnesota, also owned by the Koch brothers.

Koch brothers are the ones behind the scenes causing this whole controversy between Dems and Repubs on this

I luv you! thank you for agreeing with me on the eminent domain part....at least we agree with that! :)

care

I'm not a hack I hate the party line I love individualism and the freedom that comes with it. I just don't think that's obama's reason though.

care

I'm not a hack I hate the party line I love individualism and the freedom that comes with it. I just don't think that's obama's reason though.
i think obama/the State Dept is going to approve the pipeline so, you are probably right...eminent domain is not part of his decision to do such....

Keystone xl's/trans' comptroller is a friend of Hillary's/the Clintons.... :(

care

i think obama/the State Dept is going to approve the pipeline so, you are probably right...eminent domain is not part of his decision to do such....

Keystone xl's/trans' comptroller is a friend of Hillary's/the Clintons.... :(

We need to gut the whole system and start over only this time liberty will win.

Here ya go....but there are many more articles out there if ya google it....here is one of the many:

A SolveClimate News analysis, based on publicly available records, shows that Koch Industries is already responsible for close to 25 percent of the oil sands crude that is imported into the United States, and is well-positioned to benefit from increasing Canadian oil imports.

A Koch Industries operation in Calgary, Alberta, called Flint Hills Resources Canada LP, supplies about 250,000 barrels of tar sands oil a day to a heavy oil refinery in Minnesota, also owned by the Koch brothers.

Koch brothers are the ones behind the scenes causing this whole controversy between Dems and Repubs on this

As you've indicated the Koch Industries have been operating in Canada for quite some time and they stand to make money pipeline or not.

As you've indicated the Koch Industries have been operating in Canada for quite some time and they stand to make money pipeline or not.
they stand to make MORE MONEY with the Pipeline Lone star

So you say. I haven't seen any contract between Koch and TransCanada that supports that theory. As a matter of fact I know which refineries here on the gulf coast the pipeline will be going to since my company is on the short list to be awarded the contract for the section of pipeline between here (Houston) and Oklahoma and Koch isn't one of those refineries.

So you say. I haven't seen any contract between Koch and TransCanada that supports that theory. As a matter of fact I know which refineries here on the gulf coast the pipeline will be going to since my company is on the short list to be awarded the contract for the section of pipeline between here (Houston) and Oklahoma and Koch isn't one of those refineries.
well, guess you have not searched hard enough....

In recent months Koch Industries Inc., the business conglomerate run by billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch, has repeatedly told a U.S. Congressional committee and the news media that the proposed Keystone XL oil sands pipeline has "nothing to do with any of our businesses."
But the company has told Canadian energy regulators a different story.
In 2009, Flint Hills Resources Canada LP, an Alberta-based subsidiary of Koch Industries, applied for—and won—"intervenor status" in the National Energy Board hearings that led to Canada's 2010 approval of its 327-mile portion of the pipeline. The controversial project would carry heavy crude 1,700 miles from Alberta to the Texas Gulf Coast.

In the form it submitted to the Energy Board, Flint Hills wrote that it "is among Canada's largest crude oil purchasers, shippers and exporters. Consequently, Flint Hills has a direct and substantial interest in the application" for the pipeline under consideration.
To be approved as an intervenor, Flint Hills had to have some degree of "business interest" in Keystone XL, Carole Léger-Kubeczek, a National Energy Board spokeswoman, told InsideClimate News. Intervenors are granted the highest level of access in hearings, with the option to ask questions. Koch Subsidiary Told Regulators It Has 'Direct and Substantial Interest' in Keystone XL | InsideClimate News

Forum List

Back