Why did Obama jump on the police officer but not the crazy major?

No rdean...this is a case of expecting our CIC to give a shit about HIS MILITARY personnel. YOU can attempt to justify it by quoting his pretty words but it doesn't change the fact that he waited HOURS before even acknowledging what had happened. Then ONLY AFTER he yukked it up and gave a "shout out" to his bud. Then to get on national TV and claim he was waiting to get all the facts was complete lunacy. What facts was he waiting on? He already had the fking facts. 42 people, 13 of which died, members of HIS MILITARY! The were subjected to an act of terror! We had families that were still trying to get flights to Texas to be with the wounded and the dead over 24 hours after it happened. But Obama was attending a speaking engagement laughing and having a good time giving a shout out to his buddy.

Now, answer my question. WHO was on the scene before the dust had cleared at Ft Hood? Who was there consoling the families of those that we lost and visiting the wounded in the hospital beds? Again, it damn sure wasn't the CIC! He was waiting for all the "facts" to come in.

You people that want to justify and defend his inactions sicken me. Be it 13 or 3000 killed, they were American Citizens. And even more important, they were HIS MILITARY PERSONNEL!! He showed very clearly where his priorities lie.

No, it has nothing to do with hate for Obama. It is pure disgust that he waited as long as he did to acknowledge what happened and even then did it AFTER making jokes and giving a "shout out" to one of his buddies. Disgust that he wasn't on Air Force One as soon as they could get it fueled up and ready to go to show his support for HIS MILITARY PERSONNEL. Yes, I keep stressing that, and I do so in the hopes that you and those like you will open your fkin eyes and realize that it was Obama that should have been there, NOT the previous CIC. There should have been NO waiting for anything. He knew all he needed to know.....42 people in HIS MILITARY had been gunned down, 13 or which didn't survive, by a sicko who was intent on inflicting as much TERROR as he could in as short a time as possible.

But hey, you keep right on with your justification and defense game K pumpkin.......Keep right on thinking that a bunch of pretty words makes it all OK and fine and dandy. I'm sure that the parents that are burying their children, the wives, the children, the brothers, sisters, that are burying their children are just thrilled that their family member's CIC had nothing more than a few pretty words for their loss.

"I remember how Bush kept reading to kids in a library as 9/11 occurred. "

Let's see...Bush sat for 7 MINUTES and collected himself after being told the towers had been attacked then got up and left the classroom = BAD BAD BAD

Interesting the knee jerk reactions. I made a simple statement. There was no value judgement attached to it whatsoever. Yet here you are - knee jerk defense.

Obama waits HOURS because he had a "previously planned" speaking engagement, that he should have fkin cancelled considering what had happened, and even then he spoke about the shooting ONLY AFTER giving a "shout out" to his bud and patting himself on the back a few times. = GOOD GOOD GOOD

Got a source for that?

In case you've forgotten, when you are elected President it is President of all the United States - all of our people - you don't cancel important engagements lightly.

No one rushed to the scene of Columbine immediately after the shooting.
No president rushed to VA Tech immediately after the shooting.

Nor do you go rushing in half cocked making a bunch of erroneous statement and fueling the fires of speculation (I kinda figure he learned that lesson from the "stupid police" fiasco). Do "you people" realize how retarded it sounds to be expecting that when it was HOURS before there was any coherent information on what had happened? Probably not - you're just using this tragedy as means to sling more shit at Obama. Bravo.:clap2:

Do you people have any idea how hypocritical you sound using that tired worn out line about Bush sitting in a classroom? Do you people have any idea how idiotic you sound DEFENDING and JUSTIFYING Obama waiting HOURS, not MINUTES, HOURS before even mentioning that members of HIS MILITARY PERSONNEL had been killed?

No. But I fully realize how hypocritical you sound. Done with your rant yet?

Guess not.

Now, answer this one, WHO was on the scene of the shootings before all the dust cleared away? Here's a hint, it damn sure wasn't the CIC!! He was to busy giving "shout outs" to his buds to worry about anything else. THESE WERE HIS MILITARY PERSONNEL and it was more important to attend a freakin speaking engagement that had not a damn thing to do with benefitting this country or it's people in any way. Just more face time for the "Won".

Before the dust was cleared away eh? Who was that? This some kind of contest?

Too bad such concern and speed wasn't evident to the ordinary and largely anonymous population of New Orleans after Katrina.

But that's a low blow. Like Obama, I think Bush is a fundamentally decent (but misguided) person and that has come out in many small ways.

Typical response there coyote. Thank you for proving my point so eloquently. You want a link? Go listen to the fkin speech he gave at the Tribal Council Meeting. Real important engagement huh? I'm sure that they would have understood completely if he'd cancelled his little speech after what had just happened.

You go right ahead with all the justification and defense you can come up with K pumpkin. It only serves to show what a complete and utter idiot you are.

Go right ahead and bring up Katrina. Another typical leftie response.

You people are actually hilarious in your attempts. Sickening but hilarious none the less. And for your information, I was just as critical about the lack of inaction with the Va Tech shooting and the Columbine shootings. So that little ploy is a waste and lame as the rest of the justification tactics your kind attempts. Regardless, we're talking about HIS MILITARY PERSONNEL here and there is a difference.

The new name of the Democratic Party should be the Justification, Deflection, and Defense Party. That is ALL you seem to be doing these days.

Oh and here ya go.....[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0hiw8iXdMM[/ame]

You can hear it all for yourself. Yuk Yuk "let me give a shout out to my buddy" oh and by the way..........................

Last edited:
why is it OK to assume the worst about police officers, without the evidence, but necessary to give the benefit of the doubt to muslim jihadists? Obama did great harm by exhibiting stereotypical behaviour towards the police last summer and then tried to tie the reason for that crackpot major to the US military. what's up with that?

Because Obama is a friggin idiot. He oozes stupid.

I posted the same thing yesterday, complete with links:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...in-texas-7-confirmed-dead-61.html#post1698144

Typical response there coyote.

Is that all you can say? "Typical response" "Typical response" How original.

Thank you for proving my point so eloquently. You want a link? Go listen to the fkin speech he gave at the Tribal Council Meeting. Real important engagement huh? I'm sure that they would have understood completely if he'd cancelled his little speech after what had just happened.

It was to them but what would you care?

You go right ahead with all the justification and defense you can come up with K pumpkin. It only serves to show what a complete and utter idiot you are.

Sorry to bust your Obamabashfest with a a bit of reality.

Go right ahead and bring up Katrina. Another typical leftie response.

And another typical "rightie" dodge....

You people are actually hilarious in your attempts. Sickening but hilarious none the less.

YOU have no idea who "MY people" are bimbo.

And for your information, I was just as critical about the lack of inaction with the Va Tech shooting and the Columbine shootings. So that little ploy is a waste and lame as the rest of the justification tactics your kind attempts. Regardless, we're talking about HIS MILITARY PERSONNEL here and there is a difference.

I wasn't. Unlike you, I do not want a president who knee-jerks to immediate statements before all the facts are in. Nor do I think emergency workers trying to sort out situations appreciate said interference. I think it's much better to have a measured and deliberate response. His military personnel yes, but his people include everyone in this country.

"your kind".....pathetic.

The new name of the Democratic Party should be the Justification, Deflection, and Defense Party. That is ALL you seem to be doing these days.

And now ladies and gentlemen, we move on to the predictable bashing of the opposing party...blah blah blah.

Oh and here ya go.....http://www.youtube.com[//watch?v=T0hiw8iXdMM

You can hear it all for yourself. Yuk Yuk "let me give a shout out to my buddy" oh and by the way..........................

Interesting video. I like how they juxtopose the message: "Obama addresses the Fort Hood mass shooting" while showing Obama giving the speech at the Dept. of Interior prior to addressing the shooting instead of pairing it with Obama addressing Fort Hood mass shooting.

Wonder why they did that? Rhetorical question. Obviously it is to make it appear like Obama doesn't care. I strongly suspect Obama, like his predecessor, cares very deeply about his servicemen. It's more then rhetoric and symbolic immediacy.

And you who spurned the the "shout out to my buddy" (didn't hear any "yuk yuks") did you miss the part where said buddy was a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor?

Keep trying Dixiechick, you are quite entertaining :)

Nah....he just treated that presser like it was a common social call, rather than an historic event requiring the most adroit and careful handling.

No biggie deal to him. *shrug*

Let's just shout out to Injun Joe and his buddies....and pat himself on the back a couple of times before talking about the unfortunate Infidels who got themselves shot at Ft. Hood. :rolleyes:

That's right, call the Native Americans a bunch criminals. You seem to be living in the 1800's sometimes. So let's take a look back:

You're racist against Native Americans, African Americans, and of course you hate Muslims. Did I miss anyone?

Last edited:
Everyone knows the messiah can do no wrong.

No matter how idiotic and wrong headed it may be, if Obama did it, there will be Obamabots to defend it.

Heck, we should just be happy Obama didn't feel it was overly inconvenient to mention this national tragedy AFTER his "shout outs".

"Oh thank you Great and Merciful Obama...all hail Obama."

Last edited:
Obama knows his place. His real masters are the Saudi Oil Barons which are Muslim. He can not defy them. That is why he is afraid to call Hasan what he is: an Islamist extremist Terrorist.

Attachments

• $c60bf53ef011570bd1273970b500wi-vi.jpg
    $c60bf53ef011570bd1273970b500wi-vi.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 70
I forget. Did Obama tell the nation that we should not jump to conclusions about anti-abortion believers when George Tiller was murdered?

are conservative and veterans groups still on the Homeland Security watch list?

Now that I have had some time to consider - and wait for facts to surface about the that scumbad Hasan, I will say this....

I have noticed a distinct lack of any real emotion from our POTUS on the deaths of 13 of HIS soldiers. I thought his initial comments were pathetic - choosing to talk about Native Americans issues and do his 'shout out' before a rather bland and emotionless couple of sentences thrown in about Hood.

I thought his speech at Hood was okay - nothing special but okay.

In all, I find that Obama speaks with passion when he himself feels passionate - rights of minorities, etc etc etc but when it comes to representing the feelings of the nation - he fails dismally. Shame.

Was Officer Gates a fellow Muslim?

interesting question...

I wonder if it might not be more pertinent to wonder what Obama's response would have been if the police officer in the Gates affair had been a muslim?

"Keep trying Dixiechick, you are quite entertaining"

thank you so much for the compliment.

And by the way. Your lack of any real response other than your pathetic little one liners STILL proves my point so eloquently. You and your kind, and yes I know who your kind is, will defend and justify ANYTHING Obama does right up to and including the day he spits in the collective face of the U.S. and everything you've been told comes blaringly true. But hey, that's OK, you go right ahead and defend and justify to your little hearts content K pumpkin. 2012 is not that far off and with the amount of people actually waking up every day that hope and change you're still waiting for will seem like a dim bad bad memory.

Now that I have had some time to consider - and wait for facts to surface about the that scumbad Hasan, I will say this....

I have noticed a distinct lack of any real emotion from our POTUS on the deaths of 13 of HIS soldiers. I thought his initial comments were pathetic - choosing to talk about Native Americans issues and do his 'shout out' before a rather bland and emotionless couple of sentences thrown in about Hood.

I thought his speech at Hood was okay - nothing special but okay.

In all, I find that Obama speaks with passion when he himself feels passionate - rights of minorities, etc etc etc but when it comes to representing the feelings of the nation - he fails dismally. Shame.

I would disagree, and here is why. Fox was rather ingenius in it's portrayal of that news. First off - they put in the banner that states Obama is going to address the shooting at Fort Hood and then they show his address to the Native Americans for a good few minutes before getting to the part where he talks about Fort Hood. What impression does that give? Would the impression be different if they only showed his Fort Hood statements when the banner came up? And then, there is the righwing pundities decryal of his "shout out" yet....unless I misheard, his "shout out" was to commend a man who had been awarded a Congressional Medal of Honor - not some general "shout out" to a "buddy".

Second - Obama learned his lesson from his "police acted stupidly" remark - don't say too much until you have the facts. I think that as president - his words should be kept fairly low key until they know what is going on. If you look at the remarks on this messageboard, for example, as an indicator of the undercurrents of emotion in this country concerning Muslims and how easily it can flare up into violence where it concerns the murder of our servicemen - I frankly think a low key remark is wise and not an indicator of "lack of emotion".

Obama - like him or not, is a consummate speaker and he speaks with an audience and a goal in mind more often then not. What you call "emotion" or " lack of any real emotion" is more likely dependent more on the outcome he is hoping for then the emotion on his part. In this, he is little different from most professional politiicans, speakers or writers. When ygive a speech you do so with an audience in mind and an outcome in mind. If you are trying to convince someone to action, you will put passion and fervor into it. If you are trying to calm an angry and upset audience you would project calm confidence.

"Keep trying Dixiechick, you are quite entertaining"

thank you so much for the compliment.

And by the way. Your lack of any real response other than your pathetic little one liners STILL proves my point so eloquently. You and your kind, and yes I know who your kind is, will defend and justify ANYTHING Obama does right up to and including the day he spits in the collective face of the U.S. and everything you've been told comes blaringly true. But hey, that's OK, you go right ahead and defend and justify to your little hearts content K pumpkin. 2012 is not that far off and with the amount of people actually waking up every day that hope and change you're still waiting for will seem like a dim bad bad memory.

Sweetheart, if I felt you could handle a "real response", I'd make the effort to give you one. but so far all you are doing is regurgitating talking points ad nauseum. You haven't the foggiest what "my type" is. You simply assume based on what you think liberals are rather than actually reading debates. Don't whine when you are called on it.

So don't get your knickers in a twist over substance, until you show you can actually address substance with something besides talking points :)

Last edited:
Yeah Yeah Yeah Coyote. You are as I said, quite typical. Anytime your kind doesn't like something that is said you jump in with schoolyard type insults that really only show that that is all you have. But hey, if that's what floats your boat.....you go right ahead. The ONLY person that looks bad here is you.

Yeah Yeah Yeah Coyote. You are as I said, quite typical. Anytime your kind doesn't like something that is said you jump in with schoolyard type insults that really only show that that is all you have. But hey, if that's what floats your boat.....you go right ahead. The ONLY person that looks bad here is you.

Oh get your partisan panties unwadded. Like I said, if you can manage to come up with something besides talking points, generic ideological insults and gross generalizations, I'll be happy to debate actual substance...but you don't seem able to do that :)

Forum List

Back