Why did Obama ask to cut Medicare again today?

When you get a certain age Obama just wants old people to float out in the sea and die. He more or less said that last week. He's not as "compassionate" as people think.

You will stand in a long long line, waiting,, and waiting and waiting for help that may never come! Aren't we excited? Democwats owe us an apology.

It's truly amusing to watch -- with some chagrin -- the silence from the media and the left, when a Dem President proposes cuts to any of the entitlement programs, most especially medicare.

If a Repug President dared ever suggest it, he would be vilified. Called a hater, a Nazi, a heartless cold blooded individual -- and it would never stop.

The hypocrisy never ceases to amuse.

do you all disagree with the measures or just gonna mouth off with nothing related to the article posted? :lol:

A White House fact sheet outlines $110 billion could be saved if Medicare payment rates were updated to reflect increases in hospital operations productivity, and an additional $106 billion could be saved by cutting subsidies to hospitals that pay for treating the uninsured – a group that the administration believes will no longer exist if universal coverage exists.

It's truly amusing to watch -- with some chagrin -- the silence from the media and the left, when a Dem President proposes cuts to any of the entitlement programs, most especially medicare.

If a Repug President dared ever suggest it, he would be vilified. Called a hater, a Nazi, a heartless cold blooded individual -- and it would never stop.

You forgot, shoving lil' ol' ladies off a cliff in a wheelchair. ;)

do you all disagree with the measures or just gonna mouth off with nothing related to the article posted? :lol:

A White House fact sheet outlines $110 billion could be saved if Medicare payment rates were updated to reflect increases in hospital operations productivity, and an additional $106 billion could be saved by cutting subsidies to hospitals that pay for treating the uninsured – a group that the administration believes will no longer exist if universal coverage exists.

I'd rather they get rid of the whole thing. But these "alleged" savings will be nothing when compared to the money that'll be dumped in for national healthcare.

Do YOU believe the uninsured will "no longer exist" if Obamacare passes?

I don't know MM.

There was a thread this morning that said something to the affect that illegals will not be covered under this plan....don't really know the details, but if this is the case, then i would imagine there will still be uninsured....THOUGH not as many, so there will be some sort of reduction in the uninsured which will increase the hospital's productivity and prorating of medical equipment being used will be more efficient...

So, there will be savings from such, as far as the numbers to such, I have no clue without having full access to all the relative data.

care

I don't know MM.

There was a thread this morning that said something to the affect that illegals will not be covered under this plan....don't really know the details, but if this is the case, then i would imagine there will still be uninsured....THOUGH not as many, so there will be some sort of reduction in the uninsured which will increase the hospital's productivity and prorating of medical equipment being used will be more efficient...

So, there will be savings from such, as far as the numbers to such, I have no clue without having full access to all the relative data.

care
I have been on record many times here before, and I'll go on record again: I like Obama. Personally. I admire what he's accomplished in his 47 short years on the planet. He and I are the same exact age. I don't vilify his person, but I definitely do criticize his policies.

I say this just as a clarification, I am not a hater of Obama. But I AM a hater of his policies, and deplore the fact that he has little to no opposition in Congress. The checks and balances aren't there, and we definitely need to watchdog these folks. Since no one else is, most especially the Fourth Estate.

The White House proposes a plan to 'save' taxpayer money. Hmmm....

I saw a bumper sticker that describes this perfectly:

$LOLObama.jpg

View attachment 7729

so you don't want them to try to eliminate waste, with these measures? :eusa_whistle:

;)

care

View attachment 7729

so you don't want them to try to eliminate waste, with these measures? :eusa_whistle:

;)

care

The government is incapable of eliminating waste when you have one-party rule. I don't trust anything that comes out of the Obama White House at this point.

"Eighty percent of Republicans are just Democrats that don't know what's going on"
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Medicare

Traditional Medicare works. Before Medicare existed, only about 50% of people 65 or older had health insurance. By 1970, four years after Medicare went into effect, 97% of those 65 and older had health insurance. Access to health insurance coverage meant that more older people received needed medical care. Access to health insurance also meant that Medicare beneficiaries and their families no longer had to bear the full cost of their care, helping to reduce poverty among older people and their families.

Yet, Medicare program, one of the most successful social programs in the history of our nation, is in danger of being destroyed. Blame lays in large part with the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003 (MMA). Nobody can argue that a Prescription Drug benefit in Medicare was a good idea, but the structure of the benefit that was railroaded through Congress has been the subject of much debate. Unfortunately, that debate has actually distracted the public from a tiny, dangerous piece of this legislation.

Every year, a group of people appointed to assess Medicare's financial status " called the Medicare Trustees - issue a report. In this report, the Trustees look at Medicare's three significant funding sources " beneficiary premiums, payroll taxes, and general revenues. Now, this little known provision of the MMA established a new rule. This new rule says that if two consecutive Medicare Trustees' Reports estimate that more than 45% of Medicare's budget within the next six years will come from general revenues, the President must propose legislation to lower the cost to less than 45%. This 45% limit is an entirely arbitrary benchmark. No such benchmark exists for defense spending, education budgets, or, to our knowledge, any other areas of the federal budget. Unfortunately, this year, for the second year in a row, the Trustees' report estimated that the arbitrary 45% mark would be reached by 2013.

This happened in large part because the prescription drug benefit that got added by this same legislation was allowed to be funded only by general revenues. That's billions of dollars in new expenses that are applied toward the entirely arbitrary 45% limit. And the same legislation forbade the government from negotiating drug prices, and mandated extra "incentive" payments to private companies to sponsor the prescription drug plan, rather than allowing the plan to exist in the effective and efficient traditional Medicare program. Further, it happened because the MMA authorizes billions of dollars for private Medicare Advantage plans, dollars that would not be needed to cover the same people in the traditional Medicare program.

Now, thanks in large part to the billions funneled to private plans, traditional Medicare is in danger of being gutted. The President is required to propose policies designed to reduce general revenues as a share of Medicare costs below 45%. Congress has to consider these proposals. And, given the restriction on general revenues, it is very likely that the proposals won't include an increase in the employer and employee payroll taxes that help fund Medicare coverage for needed healthcare services, although these payroll taxes have not been increased for over a dozen years.

Unfortunately, the only things that could be proposed are "reductions in benefits under Part B and Part D, increases in Part B and D premiums, or, ultimately, a cap on the amount the government will pay per beneficiary, regardless of that person's health care needs." In addition, given the recent pattern of so-called "Medicare reform," it is likely that proposals will include more responsibility for the program being handed over to private industry " the very source of the current financial situation.

The stable, reliable, and effective traditional Medicare program will be subject to draconian cuts and more privatization. This is a terrible irony, since traditional Medicare was enacted precisely because private insurance failed our nation's older people.

http://www.emaxhealth.com/72/11787.html

Forum List

Back