Why did my cat die?

If you have continuous water feeder it was probably that. They usually die slowly like that if the water gets some sort of bacteria or parasite in it. One should never use a continuous water feeder for their cat.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense? Sounds kinda stupid of you to say that.
Continuous usually means freshly filled.

Couldve gotten feline aids.... that is a sad way for a kitty to die

This thread bothers me.... why would someone post here on a political forum about a cat?

Only has a couple posts too.... :confused:

Just sayin'

I call :bsflag:

Last edited:
If you have continuous water feeder it was probably that. They usually die slowly like that if the water gets some sort of bacteria or parasite in it. One should never use a continuous water feeder for their cat.

that is what they call them, not me.. you feel the jug, and it only feels the tray or whatever when they drink..
My sister in laws cat got sick, and that is what the vet told her.

that is what they call them, not me.. you feel the jug, and it only feels the tray or whatever when they drink..

Okay... sure.

Okay... sure.

no...she is right.

Its just like a water cooler bottle dispenser. And if they are left in the sun or not washed out very well and often... its a breeding ground for all sorts of nasty shit.

Okay... sure.

no...she is right.

Its just like a water cooler bottle dispenser. And if they are left in the sun or not washed out very well and often... its a breeding ground for all sorts of nasty shit.

Ohh..... so not fresh water at all.. Just dispensed. :confused:

Did the cat have all of his vaccinations? Going outside the house he may have encountered other cats who had illnesses. He have been fine inside your house with your own cats, but new cats could have germs he had no immunity to.

Oh, and by the way...any time an animal stops eating and drinking they need to go to the vet. It is a bad sign when they won't eat or drink.

I had a cat, that was always in the house, recently we let the cat out doors. After a few weeks of going out, the cat started to slow down, it did not play, the cat seemed to rest all the time. It also stopped eating and drinking (my guess on the rate of food left behind). This is all hindsight now. But after a few weeks of sickness, I came home from a long trip and my wife said she had not see the cat for a few days. I found the cat dead. I felt so bad, because I should have taken it to a vet. I was thinking it must just be sick and will get over it. We have 3 other cats, but that was my favorite. After many pets and many years of having them, this is the first time one has gotten sick and died as a young cat. I wonder what would cause this? I don't think it was poison because that would not make the cat slow down for weeks and then die.
It is a terrible feeling thinking I may have been able to help the poor thing.

have you angered god lately ?

Couldve gotten feline aids.... that is a sad way for a kitty to die

This thread bothers me.... why would someone post here on a political forum about a cat?

Only has a couple posts too.... :confused:

Just sayin'

I call :bsflag:

Because it's not just a political forum. The title would indicate that it is, but when guests look it over they see there are a LOT of other topics, not just political. That's why I joined, the variety of topics, and I've rarely posted in any of the political categories on this forum.

This particular category is PETS. It seems entirely appropriate to me that someone would post a comment here about their cat dying.

Last edited:
Sounds like he should have never been let outside. If he was an inside kitty for all his life, then you suddenly let him out, he undoubtedly got into something that made it sick. Was it declawed?? Most indoor cats are, and one should never put a cat outside if they have been declawed. Sorry for your loss.

What do you mean, MOST indoor cats are declawed? I'm sorry, but that almost encourages people to mutilate their cats by having them declawed. I mean, why not, after all MOST indoor cats are declawed. Do you have some statistics to back up that broad statement?

Although I will agree with your comment that declawed cats should never be put outside. Considering that they are absolutely defenseless.

Last edited:
Sounds like he should have never been let outside. If he was an inside kitty for all his life, then you suddenly let him out, he undoubtedly got into something that made it sick. Was it declawed?? Most indoor cats are, and one should never put a cat outside if they have been declawed. Sorry for your loss.

What do you mean, MOST indoor cats are declawed? I'm sorry, but that almost encourages people to mutilate their cats by having them declawed. I mean, why not, after all MOST indoor cats are declawed. Do you have some statistics to back up that broad statement?

Although I will agree with your comment that declawed cats should never be put outside. Considering that they are absolutely defenseless.

No, I wasn't aware that by posting in the Pets category, if I ran into a disagreement with someone, that I would be expected to come up with links and proof and shit.
Most of the people I know, who have indoor cats-- do have the front claws of their cats declawed, so the cat doesn't scratch on the furniture, etc. They still have their back claws.
I don't see that declawing a cat is mutilation, I see it done quite often. At the vet I got to, (I don't have a cat tho), there are tons of folks who are bringing their kitty in to get 'declawed'.

Was the cat vaccinated for feline leukemia and feline aids or leptospirosis ?

Chances are you didn't bother to check before you decided to let him out.

Why does anything, or anybody, die? It's the cycle of life. You didn't do anything bad by letting your cat go outside. It was his, or her, time to die and it died. You've heard lots of theories about how you mistreated the cat by letting it go outside and they are all wrong. We have 9 outdoor cats here on the farm and they live just fine outside - even when the weather is bad. Stop beating yourself up and everybody lighten up. Everything dies. It was the cats time to die and it died.

Forum List

Back