Why Did Mint Raw Money Choose To INSULT The NAACP Rather Than Relate To Them?

And? How is Obamacare a poor choice of words?

I'm not understanding what the huff is.

There's certainly no "huffing" coming coming from me. I couldn't possibly give less of a shit about this. I'm not "offended", or "outraged". It neither increases or decreases my appreciation of Mitt Romney.

Just remarking that, in my opinion, Mitt might have strayed a little off-speech.
Well, I really didn't say there was a huff coming from you. I'm simply trying to understand how and/or when "Obamacare" became an insulting word.

You seemed like you knew, but if you don't, that's fine.

I just figured I had a better chance getting an answer from you than Marc, if you knew.

Honestly, I think Obama loves that term. Afterall, this was his signature piece of legislation. He spent two years passing the thing. It's not insulting at all.

In terms of Marc's post, I don't understand it at all. Just what did Romney say that was offensive? The offensive part of Marc's post was the "good members of the NAACP" who invited this candidate to come and had the class to boo him once he came. Thank goodness, most stood up and applauded at the end, but the clods who booed should have been shown the door. Bunch of classless twits.

Last edited:
Obama is crushing the economic life out of this generation of blacks, how the fuck should "Romney" relate to a group that has their thumbs in their asses and won't say a bad word about ObamaFailure?

Last edited:
There's certainly no "huffing" coming coming from me. I couldn't possibly give less of a shit about this. I'm not "offended", or "outraged". It neither increases or decreases my appreciation of Mitt Romney.

Just remarking that, in my opinion, Mitt might have strayed a little off-speech.
Well, I really didn't say there was a huff coming from you. I'm simply trying to understand how and/or when "Obamacare" became an insulting word.

I just figured I had a better chance getting an answer from you than Marc, if you knew.

Honestly, I think Obama loves that term. Afterall, this was his signature piece of legislation. He spent two years passing the thing. It's not insulting at all.
Sorta what I'm thinking. He takes egoism to an entirely new level, even for a president, which is a default characteristic as it is.

It's not an "insulting" word, to anyone other than people like Marc that just post every left-wing "outrage" they can find.

It's a term that resonates with people that disagree with the law, not with an organization that supports the law.

It's the left wing version of freaking out about Michelle Obama "forcing us" to make our kids eat better.

The NAACP is not the easiest crowd to go before and speak. They are perhaps the most partisan of all organizations in the United States. Romney's effort was courageous, and his speech excellent. He said exactly what needed to be said before this crowd, and could probably have said even more, but Bill Cosby wasn't there to pave the way.

the Naacp has become a worthless group of people

rude, obnoxious and racist

so now it's called an insult to present others ideas to them

Last edited:
Romney did not go to the NAACP to get their votes. 95% of blacks approve Obama, not Romney.

However, he got to look as a man of principle, he was able to reassure his own base that he is solid, and he demonstrated to white centrist independents who won't vote for a candidate who is indifferent or hostile to minority issues.

Romney did as well as he could have.

Since when is "Obamacare" a bad word? (Well, other than what it describes, that is.)

It's not a "bad word".

Romney's a politician. More importantly, his speechwriters and handlers are political people - and the first rule in politics is speaking to your audience.
It is a bad word and you know it. It was first trotted out by Lush Rimbaugh to disparage ACA and has been since picked up and trotted out by every. single. Republican and RWer in the public and private arena.

And you're absolutely right, his speechwriters and handlers are political people and they knew exactly what they were doing with that word and speech. They weren't speaking to the members of the NAACP, but to white Independents and their white RW base who they would gain points with by being seen as tough with blacks or being "the enemy of blacks" by getting booed by them.

More Republican dog-whistle politicking. I see they don't intend to stop.

Since when is "Obamacare" a bad word? (Well, other than what it describes, that is.)

It's not a "bad word".

Romney's a politician. More importantly, his speechwriters and handlers are political people - and the first rule in politics is speaking to your audience.

And I doubt you ever will. You simply don't want to.

Carry on.

:cool:

In terms of Marc's post, I don't understand it at all. Just what did Romney say that was offensive? The offensive part of Marc's post was the "good members of the NAACP" who invited this candidate to come and had the class to boo him once he came. Thank goodness, most stood up and applauded at the end, but the clods who booed should have been shown the door. Bunch of classless twits.
You and the rest of the RW ilk are being willfully and ignorant and dishonest.

Was "Obamacare" the name the Obama Administration gave it? If not then why are RWers calling it that? Hmmm....!?!????

Hey moran. Do you now how many times he was cheered? He even got a standing ovation at the end of his speech. Obama chose, again, not to show.

He was booed on the key points, Two Thumbs; it was not a victory, so don't go there.

He did stand up implicitly for his own base and he reassured white centrist independents that he is not indifferent to minority issues.

Where was this sentiment when the Republicans were booing a gay active militaryman for expressing his ideas? And for applauding a politician saying to let a person die for not being able to afford health care...and not to mention applauding for the death penalty. "Let them die!", they cheered.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3eMRlBgKYU]republicans Boo Gay Soldiers and Applaud Death and Killing - September 23, 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

My, my, my...how things change.

:rolleyes:

It's not a "bad word".

It is a bad word and you know it. It was first trotted out by Lush Rimbaugh to disparage ACA and has been since picked up and trotted out by every. single. Republican and RWer in the public and private arena.

And you're absolutely right, his speechwriters and handlers are political people and they knew exactly what they were doing with that word and speech. They weren't speaking to the members of the NAACP, but to white Independents and their white RW base who they would gain points with by being seen as tough with blacks or being "the enemy of blacks" by getting booed by them.

More Republican dog-whistle politicking. I see they don't intend to stop.

It's not a "bad word".

And I doubt you ever will. You simply don't want to.

Carry on.

:cool:
Well, if you can't articulate the reason why a bill which is named after the originator is insulting, that's fine. It's not as if articulation has ever been your strong suit.

Forum List

Back