Why did Edwards get indicted? his wife left a video....ooops..

i truly felt sorry for elizabeth, dealing with terminal cancer that she got, probably from the hormone treatments she took to bear him another son after their eldest was killed, dealing with being by his side for his presidential run, and by his side with raising all of their children, almost 30 years of marriage....and he pooped on her, at the time she needed him most....very sad indeed.

i truly felt sorry for elizabeth, dealing with terminal cancer that she got, probably from the hormone treatments she took to bear him another son after their eldest was killed, dealing with being by his side for his presidential run, and by his side with raising all of their children, almost 30 years of marriage....and he pooped on her, at the time she needed him most....very sad indeed.

I read Game Change, it was a chronicle of the 08 election campaign by 2 reliable lefties, they soft soaped it but there were a few choices descriptions of Elizabeth , well, acting fairly deranged. :doubt:

I read Game Change, it was a chronicle of the 08 election campaign by 2 reliable lefties, they soft soaped it but there were a few choices descriptions of Elizabeth , well, acting fairly deranged. :doubt:

i don't know what you mean by deranged, but i do know that my girlfriend who went through chemo and radiation, went bat nut crazy, during her treatments....she was forgetful, denied things happened, very loony, and it took about a year after chemo for her short term memory to recover....

Newt and John are cut from the same cloth. Narcissistic pricks who couldn't be bothered to stand by those they "loved" when they were needed most.

Don't leave Sen. John McCain out his wife was in a wheel chair from a horrible car accident when he ran off with Cindy.

i don't know what you mean by deranged, but i do know that my girlfriend who went through chemo and radiation, went bat nut crazy, during her treatments....she was forgetful, denied things happened, very loony, and it took about a year after chemo for her short term memory to recover....

unfortunately if it comes to that, its sounds like a defense he might make.....:doubt:

Newt and John are cut from the same cloth. Narcissistic pricks who couldn't be bothered to stand by those they "loved" when they were needed most.

Don't leave Sen. John McCain out his wife was in a wheel chair from a horrible car accident when he ran off with Cindy.

I think his case involves extenuating circumstances...*shrugs*

Dying declaration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It looks like the statement may be inadmissible, but I dont see the use of the statement to find further evidence as eliminating the use of said evidence. I may not have been usable in court, but it probably showed prosecutors where to look for other allowable evidence.

exactamundo....I owe U a rep...but alas....I am outta ammo...

No worries. Only issue is if the statement constitutes a "poison pill" in the chain of evidence, similar to a judge not allowing evidence obtained from information from an illegal search, but do not see that applying here.

She crafted it with lawyers and I would not be surprised if a judge were present as well. I have a feeling that she covered her bases. Also she technically wasn't dying at the time she was crafting the document. She was still in full control of her faculties and knew prescisely what she wanted to do. There is a difference.

Yeah, you're right I had forgot about that one. As much as I dislike the Clintons they at least have stayed together.

unfortunately if it comes to that, its sounds like a defense he might make.....:doubt:

uhhhhh, i dunno?

this is what he vowed:

I, John Edwards, take you, Elizabeth, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

uhhhhh, i dunno?

this is what he vowed:

I, John Edwards, take you, Elizabeth, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

wait. are you saying the "forsaking all others" wasn't included in the vows?

Ya know, honestly, I am no one to judge another person in the manner that I am with John Edwards....my sins may not have been the same, but sins, none the less.

I suppose what disturbs me about the John and Elizabeth saga....is that I honestly thought they were a very happy couple...I saw him showing her love...at least I thought I did....? but instead, the holy father of the Lord knows ....X number of kids was just 'acting'....., a man who I had thought- had sorrow when his eldest son was killed, a man who seemed to have had everything....when it came to the marriage and family thing....that's what he TRIED to portray, that's the image he tried to 'sell' his constituents...plus the image of being some kind of male form of the coal miner's daughter...who came from rags to riches....he tried so hard to give off the impression of being a goodie 2 shoes pretty boy.....

Regardless....I should have known better than to think a man that would spend $500 bucks on a haircut, would be the man, he pretended to be...

uhhhhh, i dunno?

this is what he vowed:

wait. are you saying the "forsaking all others" wasn't included in the vows?

oooooops :lol:

An indictment ( /ɪnˈdaɪtmənt/ in-dyt-mənt), in the common-law legal system, is a formal accusation that a person has committed a crime. In jurisdictions that maintain the concept of felonies, the serious criminal offence is a felony; jurisdictions that lack the concept of felonies often use that of an indictable offence—an offence that requires an indictment.

Forum List

Back