Why did Democrats fight so hard against Civil right legislation?

Democrats keep saying that they are the diversity party but if you can read a history book, you know that no one fought harder against freeing the slaves, civil rights legislation and current prosperity of african americans than the Democrat party, so I ask, because i am here to learn, why do democrats hate black people with all their heart and soul, creating institutions like planned parenthood to kill black people at will with government tax payer funding, destroying the black family and leaving them poor and destitute?

your thoughts are welcomed

The Democrats back then jumped ship from the party after LBJ pushed the Civil Rights Act of 1965. To them, segregation was more important than party. Those left are no longer Democrats...guess what party they are part of now.

They're returning to their roots.

The Republican party, the party of abolition, is not a comfortable place for racists.

The dem party embraces racism.

Democrats keep saying that they are the diversity party but if you can read a history book, you know that no one fought harder against freeing the slaves, civil rights legislation and current prosperity of african americans than the Democrat party, so I ask, because i am here to learn, why do democrats hate black people with all their heart and soul, creating institutions like planned parenthood to kill black people at will with government tax payer funding, destroying the black family and leaving them poor and destitute?

The Democrats back then jumped ship from the party after LBJ pushed the Civil Rights Act of 1965. To them, segregation was more important than party. Those left are no longer Democrats...guess what party they are part of now.

Have you really lost all perspective? Honestly. The democrats "big government" idea has NEVER changed. It's ood that Martin Luther King was a Republican isn't it? Explain that.

Have you really lost all perspective? Honestly. The democrats "big government" idea has NEVER changed. It's ood that Martin Luther King was a Republican isn't it? Explain that.
Further proof that the parties changed places.
Did you even read the link?
Lyndon B. Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Johnson told an aide, "We have lost the South for a generation", anticipating a coming backlash from Southern whites against Johnson's Democratic Party.[47]

Last edited:

Further proof that the parties changed places.
Did you even read the link?
Lyndon B. Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, it's not further proof. The parties haven't changed much since the split.

It's that merikan mouthbreathers have become so one dimensional it's ridiculous.

We've been trained to believe political ideology is one dimensional. Meaning restrictive social order is on the right and liberty is on the left. It's pretty much a simpleton construct, but hey, we watch American Idol and it means more than work.

If I were an advocate of big government, I'd favor that doofus version as well. Hey, you feeling a little loving? Come on! Let's use/create/force government to make all feel that way. Psssst, you want to say pillows deserve rights? Me too. Let's form a democracy and if we get 50.01%, pillows have rights! No matter how we fool them. We'll make government make it happen. Make government make it happen, which is the x axis.

So naturally one who happens to be in the majority would wish to use government to restrict the rights of others. Which is why true liberals like the founding fathers and Martin Luther King, jr didn't believe in big government, aka democracy.

Furthermore, if you want to use wiki, respond to this: Democratic-Republican Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Golly gee, seems the Democrats-Republicans were one party to begin with.

At any rate, political ideology is two dimensional. Social order is on the Y axis. Government intervention is on the X.

Martin Luther King, jr would be in the upper right quadrant. Meaning he didn't think a majority should rule (gubmint), but believed in freedom. Where are you?

Infant Mortality Rate by State (2005)

State - Infant mortality Rate per 1000 births
Alabama 8.96
Alaska 6.45
Arizona 6.69
Arkansas 8.29
California 5.22
Colorado 6.27
Connecticut 5.53
Delaware 9.03
Florida 7.24
Georgia 8.35
Hawaii 6.67
Idaho 6.12
Illinois 7.53
Indiana 7.87
Iowa 5.40
Kansas 7.12
Kentucky 6.79
Louisiana 9.79
Maine 5.87
Maryland 8.00
Massachusetts 4.89
Michigan 8.02
Minnesota 4.78
Mississippi 10.74
Missouri 7.63
Montana 6.35
Nebraska 5.89
Nevada 5.86
New Hampshire 5.05
New Jersey 5.44
New Mexico 6.13
New York 6.02
North Carolina 8.85
North Dakota 6.35
Ohio 7.82
Oklahoma 7.86
Oregon 5.68
Pennsylvania 7.30
Rhode Island 6.20
South Carolina 9.03
South Dakota 7.18
Tennessee 8.87
Texas 6.45
Utah 4.92
Vermont 5.37
Virginia 7.50
Washington 5.39
West Virginia 8.1
Wisconsin 6.34
Wyoming 6.95

The infant mortality rate for European Americans was 5.7 per 1000 births in 2003-05. For African Americans it was 13.6 per 1000, and for Hispanic Americans it was 5.6 per 1000. Overall, the infant mortality rate for the United States was 6.9 per 1000 in 2003-05. Source from Statehealthfacts.org

Source from Statehealthfacts.org

Infant mortality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1. Given that the highest rates of infant mortality in America tend to occur in "red" states, then according to RachelMadcow's inpeccable "logic," why do Republicans hate America's children "with all their heart and soul!"

2. The American "black family" was under attack and being left "poor and destitute" centuries before "planned parenthood" arrived on the political scene.

3. Given that I chose 2005 "infant mortality" statistics when the Bush Administration was in power, how does the OP further explain the discrepency between the African Americans rate (13.6 per 1000), the European American rate (5.7 per 1000) and the national average (6.9 per 1000). Are we to now redirect "RachelMadcow's" crtiticisms toward a Republican Administration that allowed it to happen?Infant mortality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. Why would the OP, in her infinite wisdom, think that only Democrats could only "hate black people with all their heart and soul!" when the data points toward the Republicans?

Last edited:

The infant mortality rate for European Americans was 5.7 per 1000 births in 2003-05. For African Americans it was 13.6 per 1000, and for Hispanic Americans it was 5.6 per 1000. Overall, the infant mortality rate for the United States was 6.9 per 1000 in 2003-05. Source from Statehealthfacts.org

Infant Mortality Rate by State (2005)

State - Infant mortality Rate per 1000 births
Alabama 8.96
Alaska 6.45
Arizona 6.69
Arkansas 8.29
California 5.22
Colorado 6.27
Connecticut 5.53
Delaware 9.03
Florida 7.24
Georgia 8.35
Hawaii 6.67
Idaho 6.12
Illinois 7.53
Indiana 7.87
Iowa 5.40
Kansas 7.12
Kentucky 6.79
Louisiana 9.79
Maine 5.87
Maryland 8.00
Massachusetts 4.89
Michigan 8.02
Minnesota 4.78
Mississippi 10.74
Missouri 7.63
Montana 6.35
Nebraska 5.89
Nevada 5.86
New Hampshire 5.05
New Jersey 5.44
New Mexico 6.13
New York 6.02
North Carolina 8.85
North Dakota 6.35
Ohio 7.82
Oklahoma 7.86
Oregon 5.68
Pennsylvania 7.30
Rhode Island 6.20
South Carolina 9.03
South Dakota 7.18
Tennessee 8.87
Texas 6.45
Utah 4.92
Vermont 5.37
Virginia 7.50
Washington 5.39
West Virginia 8.1
Wisconsin 6.34
Wyoming 6.95

Source from Statehealthfacts.org

Infant mortality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1. Given that the highest rates of infant mortality in America tend to occur in "red" states, then according to RachelMadcow's "logic" why do Republicans hate America's children "with all their heart and soul!"

2. The American "black family" was under attack and being left "poor and destitute" long before "planned parenthood" attived on the political scene.

3. Given that I chose 2005 "infant mortality" statistics when the Bush Administration was in power, how does the OP further explain the discrepency between the United States the African Americans rate (13.6 per 1000) and the natiobal average of was 6.9 per 1000. Are we to now redirect "RachelMadcow's" crtiticisms toward a Republican Administration that allowed it to happen?Infant mortality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. Why would the OP, in her infinite wisdom think that only Democrats "hate black people with all their heart and soul!"
Oh my, Mississippi with 10.74 and Louisiana at 9.79, wow.

I you're a Southern republicon, chances are your grandfather was a Democrat.

So what?

If you're a northern honky, chances are your haplogroup is R1b.

It makes no difference to the fact that the Republican party is the one that Martin Luther King jr belonged to.

Martin Luther King Jr. never belonged to the Republican party. That's a common mistake that's become the new interweb legend.

Martin Luther King Sr. DID belong to the Republican party.

:eusa_doh:

Oh lord, was that last nights US History 101 reading from your local CC? Its too late too explain why political party labels from 150 years ago are irrelevant.

Last edited:
Until the 1940's the South was solidly Democrat. Cracks in the White run South began to appear in the late 40's. Truman integrated the military and made it clear that he favored integration in the South. Southerns formed the Dixiecrat Party in 1948 running Strom Thurmond of South Carolina against Truman. By 1950 most Dixiecrats returned to the Democratic party but in 1954 when the Supreme Court struck down segregation in the schools, the Democratic Solid South was gone forever. Republicans began gaining strength in the South. Kennedy was elected. He not only supported integration but he was Catholic. That was just too much for Southern Democrats. Many left the party to become independents, Republicans or just about anything but a Democrat. With the passage of the Civil Rights bill, the Republican Party was well established in the South. Although segregation was a dead issue with the new Republican supporters in the South, states rights was not. The segregation cause was replaced by states rights which became the South's contribution to the Republican Party.

The Southern Democrats of the history you refer to were CONSERVATIVES. That's why they were racists.

The modern Democratic party is not CONSERVATIVE. The CONSERVATIVES of today are virtually all Republican.

Because that was before the conservatives fled the Democratic Party and became the bulk of the Republican Party. Which is why the Republican Party is 90% white and spends most of it's time attacking other Americans.

That is a lie liberals keep telling, but you look at the three men who filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964. ALL REMAINED DEMOCRATS TO THEIR DEATH!

Robert Byrd never changed parties!

Al Gore Sr. never changed parties

Connoly never changed parties.

George Wallace never changed parties.

You look at all the men who were big in promoting segregation and the ONLY person they can name who switched parties was Strom Thurmond.

Strom Thurmond was hardly as big in the movement against Civil rights as say George Wallace who stood in front of a school and tried to stop black people from entering the school.

Bull Conner never changed parties.

This mantra from the liberals is built entirely on a lie.

Nice try libs, but the facts don't fit, your fiction.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My thoughts are that declaring the Democratic or Republican Parties of a century ago are the same parties that we have today is either telling us that you are very very dumb, or very very dishonest.

Which is it, Rac?

Are you very stupid or are you just another partisan troll?

The Southern Democrats of the history you refer to were CONSERVATIVES. That's why they were racists.

The modern Democratic party is not CONSERVATIVE. The CONSERVATIVES of today are virtually all Republican.

Robert Byrd was a conservative??????????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Theres more Republican scientists then black ones.

Robert Byrd was a conservative??????????

:

He was back then, on the issue of race.

Because that was before the conservatives fled the Democratic Party and became the bulk of the Republican Party. Which is why the Republican Party is 90% white and spends most of it's time attacking other Americans.

That is a lie liberals keep telling, but you look at the three men who filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964. ALL REMAINED DEMOCRATS TO THEIR DEATH!

Robert Byrd never changed parties!

Al Gore Sr. never changed parties

Connoly never changed parties.

George Wallace never changed parties.

You look at all the men who were big in promoting segregation and the ONLY person they can name who switched parties was Strom Thurmond.

Strom Thurmond was hardly as big in the movement against Civil rights as say George Wallace who stood in front of a school and tried to stop black people from entering the school.

Bull Conner never changed parties.

This mantra from the liberals is built entirely on a lie.

Nice try libs, but the facts don't fit, your fiction.

:

Zell Miller is a Democrat too. Is he a liberal?

Forum List

Back