Why did Democrats fight so hard against Civil right legislation?

RachelMadcow

Rookie
Mar 29, 2011
Democrats keep saying that they are the diversity party but if you can read a history book, you know that no one fought harder against freeing the slaves, civil rights legislation and current prosperity of african americans than the Democrat party, so I ask, because i am here to learn, why do democrats hate black people with all their heart and soul, creating institutions like planned parenthood to kill black people at will with government tax payer funding, destroying the black family and leaving them poor and destitute?

your thoughts are welcomed

They inslaved them in a different way, not physically but mentally.

Because that was before the conservatives fled the Democratic Party and became the bulk of the Republican Party. Which is why the Republican Party is 90% white and spends most of it's time attacking other Americans.

Because that was before the conservatives fled the Democratic Party and became the bulk of the Republican Party. Which is why the Republican Party is 90% white and spends most of it's time attacking other Americans.

Your post is every bit as stupid as the OP, which is quite a bit of stupid. You realize that don't you?

Democrats keep saying that they are the diversity party but if you can read a history book, you know that no one fought harder against freeing the slaves, civil rights legislation and current prosperity of african americans than the Democrat party, so I ask, because i am here to learn, why do democrats hate black people with all their heart and soul, creating institutions like planned parenthood to kill black people at will with government tax payer funding, destroying the black family and leaving them poor and destitute?

Dixiecrats..or Southern Democrats were pro-labor but anti-race mixing.

Strange combo..but what the heck.

They were also relatively conservative on other things.

Your post is every bit as stupid as the OP, which is quite a bit of stupid. You realize that don't you?
Why don't you explain why you think rdean is wrong.

Oh, brother.

Look how fucked up the black community is since the Democrats have led them

don't worry... all those southern dems are repubs now.

:cuckoo:

Dixiecrats..or Southern Democrats were pro-labor but anti-race mixing.

Strange combo..but what the heck.

They were also relatively conservative on other things.

You again....:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:

Lyndon B. Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In conjunction with the civil rights movement, Johnson overcame southern resistance and convinced Congress to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which outlawed most forms of racial segregation. John F. Kennedy originally proposed the civil rights bill in June 1963.[43] He called the congressional leaders to the White House in late October 1963 to line up the necessary votes in the House for passage.[44][45] After Kennedy's death, it was Johnson who broke a filibuster by Southern Democrats begun in March 1964 and pushed the bill through the Senate.[46] Johnson signed the revised and stronger bill into law on July 2, 1964.[46] Legend has it that, as he put down his pen, J[B]ohnson told an aide, "We have lost the South for a generation", anticipating a coming backlash from Southern whites against Johnson's Democratic Party.[47][/B]

In 1965, he achieved passage of a second civil rights bill, the Voting Rights Act, which outlawed discrimination in voting, thus allowing millions of southern blacks to vote for the first time. In accordance with the act, several states, "seven of the eleven southern states of the former confederacy" - Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Virginia — were subjected to the procedure of preclearance in 1965, while Texas, home to the majority of the African American population at the time, followed in 1975.[48]
After the murder of civil rights worker Viola Liuzzo, Johnson went on television to announce the arrest of four Ku Klux Klansmen implicated in her death. He angrily denounced the Klan as a "hooded society of bigots," and warned them to "return to a decent society before it's too late." Johnson was the first President to arrest and prosecute members of the Klan since Ulysses S. Grant about 93 years earlier.[49] He turned the themes of Christian redemption to push for civil rights, thereby mobilizing support from churches North and South.[50]
At the Howard University commencement address on June 4, 1965, he said that both the government and the nation needed to help achieve goals:
“ To shatter forever not only the barriers of law and public practice, but the walls which bound the condition of many by the color of his skin. To dissolve, as best we can, the antique enmities of the heart which diminish the holder, divide the great democracy, and do wrong — great wrong — to the children of God...[51] ”
In 1967, Johnson nominated civil rights attorney Thurgood Marshall to be the first African American Associate Justice of the Supreme Court.

Last edited:

Robert Byrd....right

Robert Byrd....right

nidd... one person.

good frank... clueless about politics, as usual.

if you felt like being honest for a change, you'd acknowledge the intentional effort of the southern strategy. it's been very successful.

but we'd never expect honesty from you and your friends.

Robert Byrd....right

nidd... one person.

good frank... clueless about politics, as usual.

if you felt like being honest for a change, you'd acknowledge the intentional effort of the southern strategy. it's been very successful.

but we'd never expect honesty from you and your friends.

righhhhhhht because "tax cut" is crypto-racist talk wink wink

Modern "liberals" love to deflect this question to the "dixiecrats". It's their modus operandi.

In reality it has nothing to do with the dixiecrats switching parties, but rather with a misconstrued notion of political ideology.

I you're a Southern republicon, chances are your grandfather was a Democrat.

So what?

If you're a northern honky, chances are your haplogroup is R1b.

It makes no difference to the fact that the Republican party is the one that Martin Luther King jr belonged to.

Recently, Dems had a genuine Klansman as a Party leader and LBJ used the N word more that Dr. Dre.

Forum List

Back