Why Did Cuban-Americans Vote Republican By Large Margins?

cuba-flag.jpg

A strange thing happened on Tuesday. It became obvious that Cuban-Americans were voting for the GOP in massive numbers, almost identical to white middle-aged males.

I thought that Hispanics as a whole are strongly in the Democrats corner. That's what everyone told us. WTF?

Well, it's no secret to anyone who lived in a communist country for most of their life.

Ask just about any Cuban or Russian immigrant.

They fear the same exact government they escaped from establishing itself here.

Who better to use as a red-flag than somebody who lived through what we are about to live through.

Here's another interesting fact. The longer they spend in this country the more they drift toward Democrats. Florida Latino Vote Pits Cuban-American Republicans Against Puerto Rican Democrats

Wonder why that is?

Could it be as their memories fade of communist oppression the less they fear it?

"Fox News and the Pew Hispanic Center reported that Cuban-Americans favored Obama 49 to 47 percent. The population has been one of the Republican Party’s most loyal constituencies since the 1961 Bay of Pigs fiasco under President John F. Kennedy. Since Ronald Reagan, presidential candidates have made pilgrimages to Miami to roil crowds with declarations of “Cuba libre!” and “Cuba si! Castro no!” Romney aired an inflammatory Spanish-language ad late right before the election that featured Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro's niece speaking in favor of Obama."

Exit Polls: Obama Wins Hispanics in Florida by a Landslide - NationalJournal.com

Oops.

Seems the Cuban vote Republican angle has been crushed.

Only in your pea-brain.

Helps to read the OP.

cuba-flag.jpg

A strange thing happened on Tuesday. It became obvious that Cuban-Americans were voting for the GOP in massive numbers, almost identical to white middle-aged males.

I thought that Hispanics as a whole are strongly in the Democrats corner. That's what everyone told us. WTF?

Well, it's no secret to anyone who lived in a communist country for most of their life.

Who better to use as a red-flag than somebody who lived through what we are about to live through.

Here's another interesting fact. The longer they spend in this country the more they drift toward Democrats. Florida Latino Vote Pits Cuban-American Republicans Against Puerto Rican Democrats

Wonder why that is?

Could it be as their memories fade of communist oppression the less they fear it?

"Fox News and the Pew Hispanic Center reported that Cuban-Americans favored Obama 49 to 47 percent. The population has been one of the Republican Party’s most loyal constituencies since the 1961 Bay of Pigs fiasco under President John F. Kennedy. Since Ronald Reagan, presidential candidates have made pilgrimages to Miami to roil crowds with declarations of “Cuba libre!” and “Cuba si! Castro no!” Romney aired an inflammatory Spanish-language ad late right before the election that featured Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro's niece speaking in favor of Obama."

Exit Polls: Obama Wins Hispanics in Florida by a Landslide - NationalJournal.com

Oops.

hahahahaha! The thing about Cuban Americans is they aren't as stupid as muddie thinks.

Just because you have a couple of libs agreeing with you doesn't mean you know what in the hell you're talking about.

Go back and re-read the OP.

Don't just pay attention to what you want to.....read the whole thing, not just the headline.

Wonder why that is?

Now for the reading impaired the thread was about Cuban-immigrants, not just Cuban-Americans in general. First generation Cuban immigrants.

This is why you dumb-asses always end up being taken advantage of by the Democrats.

Last edited:
hahahahahaha!

it’s obvious now that Cuban voters helped push him [Obama] over the top in a state Romney was forecast to win. Democrats also broke the GOP’s lock on Miami congressional districts that have large Cuban populations: although Cuban-American U.S. Representatives Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Mario Diaz-Balart kept their seats, Democrat Joe Garcia defeated conservative U.S. Representative and fellow Cuban-American David Rivera in a landslide.

Where Does Cuban Voters’ Support for Obama Leave Rubio? | TIME.com

Religious freedom is fading in this country. The only religion supported by the White House is Islam.

And there is a difference between a Dictatorship and communism.

Maybe you need to look it up.

:lol:

In practice?

Oh man.

Let me fill you in retard.

Dictatorships are when one individual rules.

Communists have a party or a group that rules.

You're confusing totalitarianism with dictatorship.

Not confusing anything.

Cuba is a dictatorship.

So is North Korea.

You really should watch who you call "retard".

Oops.

Seems the Cuban vote Republican angle has been crushed.

Only in your pea-brain.

Helps to read the OP.

So should you.

Obama beat Romney with Cubans.

let's think about this . We won. But we are the dumb ones? :razz:

What is "dumbfounding" is any threat to target the rich for being rich,
while accusing others of targeting the poor for being poor!

Two wrongs don't make a right. They sound equally "dumb" to me.
In the meantime, the inability of either side to see how both are unfair,
leaves me "dumbstruck"!

let's think about this . We won. But we are the dumb ones? :razz:

What is "dumbfounding" is any threat to target the rich for being rich,
while accusing others of targeting the poor for being poor!

Two wrongs don't make a right. They sound equally "dumb" to me.
In the meantime, the inability of either side to see how both are unfair,
leaves me "dumbstruck"!

no one is targeting anyone, idiota. people just want to stop the redistribution of wealth upward so they stop making the middle class pay for their tax cuts.

Religious freedom is fading in this country. The only religion supported by the White House is Islam.

And there is a difference between a Dictatorship and communism.

Maybe you need to look it up.

In practice?

Oh man.

Let me fill you in retard.

Dictatorships are when one individual rules.

Communists have a party or a group that rules.

You're confusing totalitarianism with dictatorship.

Communism is supposed to be "classless" and not supposed to have an intermediate party/group/class/government in charge; but all people are supposed to share ownership equally without any such class division.

Because humans in any large group or region are never all at the same level, that is why people will organize in a pecking order and start this hierachy business of some people in charge, with more authority in decisions, leading the others with less say.

If you have a few members ruling, that is Oligarchy.

=============
From Aristotle:

"Monarchy" – rule of the ONE (Monos) (typically Kingship)
When corrupted leads to "Tyranny" [This is what you are calling DICTATORSHIP]

"Aristocracy" – rule of the GOOD (Aristoi) (typically a land-owning or commercial group)
When corrupted leads to Oligarchy
[This is where we have private interests/elite dominating politics with collective influence of the few over the many.
Sad irony is that people are too busy blaming "other people/groups" as being the monopolizing interest, such as "the media," that
when the people stay divided in disagreement, that is WHY these "other groups" can continue taking advantage of such division.]

"Democracy" – rule of the PEOPLE (Demos) (typically an assembly of free-born resident males) When Corrupted leads to Mob rule / Reactive democracy / Demagogracy
[Where we have flash mobs, Occupy or Obamavoters running amok, just kidding. Or not]

Most people I know personally want "Autocracy" and when this is mixed in with larger groups, using either direct or indirect representation or representation by party, then you end up with a mix of democracy and aristocracy/oligarchy, because people are at different levels of responsibility for their own leadership, management and access to resources.

I personally believe in some form of isonomy/isocracy.
Where no matter what people believe in personally, and how they affiliate or organize themselves in groups collectively, I believe in supporting each person or group in sharing equal responsibility, authority, and participation in enforcing the system of their choice. If there are conflicts of interest between people or groups, I recommend resolving those by consensus to satisfy all parties affected, so that no group or ideology has to dominate, but everyone's free will / informed consent is respected equally in making shared decisions.

That may seem idealistic if not impossible, but given that the Constitution proclaims equal protection of the laws to all persons, I believe it is legally necessary to meet that standard.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back