Why did Brown win?

I wonder if this could have happened in a general election. I mean, if Teddy had retired, named and campaigned for his successor, I doubt this would have happened.

Coakley was a poor candidate, but the WH and the DNC took that seat for granted and didn't seem to catch on until Rasmussen, of all people, woke them a few weeks ago. Even then, they probably thought all BO had to do was show up to save her. That they did not see this coming is a political embarrassment.

Add to that, Romney's advisors (I assume the same team that forced Teddy off his butt to actually campaign in '94) who obviously know how to win in Mass, were on loan to Brown.

A special election, a poor candidate, an apathetic party leader whose numbers are in decline, an unpopular legislative agenda...and watch BO just keep on driving this train right over the cliff.

Ok. I'm sure the president uses Rasmussen as a credible advisor to just about everything he does.. :cuckoo: Obamas numbers have hovered right around 50% for months now, he is not in decline.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Your theories are faulty except that Martha was a poor candidate and Democrats in Mass beat themselves. They lost a seat that was held by a Liberal Democrat for 47 years. Big mistake but not anything that will destroy them if they begin to look at things more objectively.

Wake up, smell coffee. Even Democrats in Mass voted for Brown... and they are pretty clear about WHY they did. It was not about Martha - it was about Obama. Oops. I hope the POTUS is smart enough to LISTEN, even if his Obamanation are too stupid to do so.

Brown won because the Independents are trending right.

I am an Independent and I am trending anti-establishment.

Independents want people who can work together wisely with others for the general welfare of the people while keeping their heart at home.

Those who would support Wall St or government 1st are abhorrent.

and it it not just about Obama..Congress's poll numbers are way lower than Obama's. Independents actually like the man Obama and hopes that he starts smelling the coffee.

Last edited:
because he got more votes than Coakley.
Not quite. He got enough votes that the crooked Democratic machine could not pull enough dead people's votes out of car trunks and "recounts" to steal the election.

Had the margin been 2 or 3 percent instead of 5, they likely would have tried.

Hopefully, the Kennedy dynasty is OVER!!!

I wonder if this could have happened in a general election. I mean, if Teddy had retired, named and campaigned for his successor, I doubt this would have happened.

Coakley was a poor candidate, but the WH and the DNC took that seat for granted and didn't seem to catch on until Rasmussen, of all people, woke them a few weeks ago. Even then, they probably thought all BO had to do was show up to save her. That they did not see this coming is a political embarrassment.

Add to that, Romney's advisors (I assume the same team that forced Teddy off his butt to actually campaign in '94) who obviously know how to win in Mass, were on loan to Brown.

A special election, a poor candidate, an apathetic party leader whose numbers are in decline, an unpopular legislative agenda...and watch BO just keep on driving this train right over the cliff.

Ok. I'm sure the president uses Rasmussen as a credible advisor to just about everything he does.. :cuckoo: Obamas numbers have hovered right around 50% for months now, he is not in decline.

Your theories are faulty except that Martha was a poor candidate and Democrats in Mass beat themselves. They lost a seat that was held by a Liberal Democrat for 47 years. Big mistake but not anything that will destroy them if they begin to look at things more objectively.

Except your Liberals have already proven they can not and will not look at it objectively. They will make excuses and continue the same train wreck they started in January of last Year. Watch, the leadership will INSIST on pushing ahead with Health Care even though most of the people in this Country are DEAD SET AGAINST what the bills involved do. And have said it for MONTHS now. You and your buddies have argued on this board for the current ignorant bills in Congress as well, have YOU learned anything? Nope not with this post you haven't. You think it was just a bad campaign?

Yes, never assume anything.

Democrats are still the majority and Healthcare reform will go through. The easiest way will be if the House just passes it now. I like reconcilliation but with this new guy, Repubs are even more convinced that dragging thier feet equals viable leadership.

It doesn't hurt the Democrats unless they see this as a mandate for Republican policies. It wasn't.

Except your Liberals have already proven they can not and will not look at it objectively. They will make excuses and continue the same train wreck they started in January of last Year. Watch, the leadership will INSIST on pushing ahead with Health Care even though most of the people in this Country are DEAD SET AGAINST what the bills involved do. And have said it for MONTHS now. You and your buddies have argued on this board for the current ignorant bills in Congress as well, have YOU learned anything? Nope not with this post you haven't. You think it was just a bad campaign?

Democrats are still the majority and Healthcare reform will go through. The easiest way will be if the House just passes it now. I like reconcilliation but with this new guy, Repubs are even more convinced that dragging thier feet equals viable leadership.

It doesn't hurt the Democrats unless they see this as a mandate for Republican policies. It wasn't.

Blind as usual. The PEOPLE do not want your health Care bill. The BLUEST of BLUE States just reminded you of that and you still can not see it. Carry on, enjoy the train wreck coming in November. The Republicans learned from 08, you guys are to stupid.

I hope the administration continues to do what it's been doing. I hope you keep saying the things you've been. Hang tough! :clap2:

All of the above. The Dems just took this seat for granted. They will blame Coakley. Granted she didn't run a very smart campaign but the DNC didn't exactly run smartly either. They TOOK THE SEAT FOR GRANTED. Big mistake. Especially in politics. BO flew in on AF1 and figured he could give a speech and get the vote out for her. Well Brown ran a smart campaign and he appealed to Dems, Reps and especially Indi's. BO's speech didn't count for much.

I remember back in 94 Ol Teddy was running for his life against Mitt Romney. He actually had to campaign to keep his seat. Made me laugh. He, lilke all Dems, just figured he didn't have to do anything and the voters would still vote for him. Think he got the scare of his political life back in 94.

I think the independents carried the day in MA. I also think it sent a message to DC, a loud and clear message.The voters don't like whats going on in DC. They don't like BO's agenda and they sure don't like being ignored. Whether the clowns will take heed remains to be seen.

Likely there will be some serious arm twisting in the House right now, and I believe that the Dems will unilaterally force the Healthcare plan through against what is growing American opposition. People like you will cheer as the Democrats ignore public sentiment because they know whats "best" for use poor dumb Americans. Its up to them to explain reality to the people who elected them.

Funny. Didn't people who backed Obama decry the loss of civil liberty? Of course, Obama is not much different than Bush, so it stands to reason that their sheep would be the same as well.

Does it mean the "tea bagging" jokes will stop?

Look at it this way.... better to be a TEAbagger than a progressive. TEAbaggers fought for this country, progressives tried to destroy it.

History always moves toward being more progressive.

From voting rights for women, to voting rights for blacks, etc....the world is always becoming more progressive.

You are on the wrong side of history.

Maybe you should go back to the time when women had no rights.

acorn.JPG
]the nutz didnt show up

Yes,, cause we were tired of being pissed on

personally I think the demoncwats need to go back and count heads at the tea party rallies..

:clap2: Very well put.

Apparently Brown went to DC and the first senator he met with was John McCain.

so there's your answer to the OP's question. Why did Brown win?

...because he's the kind of Republican who couldn't wait to get to Washington so he could meet up with John McCain.

:lol:

Forum List

Back