Why did Biden's Florida trip get canceled?

Tropical Storm ISAAC Forecast Discussion
GIVEN THAT THE CYCLONE HAS FARED RATHER WELL AFTER MOVING ACROSS
HAITI...AND THAT THE TRACK FORECAST HAS ONLY MINIMAL INTERACTION
WITH CUBA...THE INTENSITY FORECAST AFTER 12 HOURS HAS BEEN ADJUSTED
UPWARD FOLLOWING THE TREND OF THE LATEST INTENSITY GUIDANCE. ISAAC
IS EXPECTED TO BECOME A HURRICANE IN ABOUT 36 HOURS...WITH
ADDITIONAL INTENSIFICATION EXPECTED AS THE CYCLONE MOVES INTO THE
EASTERN GULF OF MEXICO IN A FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT. THE NEW NHC
INTENSITY FORECAST IS CLOSE TO THE INTENSITY CONSENSUS AIDS THROUGH
72 HOURS AND FOLLOWS A BLEND OF THE DECAY SHIPS AND LGEM AFTERWARD.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think Obama may have conceded Florida...I don't recall him being there lately. Seems odd. He's in Ohio very often. Does anyone know the last time Obama was in Florida on a campaign swing?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think Obama may have conceded Florida...I don't recall him being there lately. Seems odd. He's in Ohio very often. Does anyone know the last time Obama was in Florida on a campaign swing?

Not sure. But I'm checking records of Tee times at golf courses throughout the state so an accurate report is sure to follow.

Biden was informed it was the Republican Convention being held there this week not the Democratic Convention.

His handlers didn't really want him near all those open microphones!

Vice Presidents need to be ready to serve at a moments notice. What is the chance of safely flying Vice President Biden out of Tampa in a cat 1 or better hurricane?

Uninformed sources tell me that he got wind of the Reid/Obama/Holder plot to "arrange an accident" for him in Tampa

He came down here last month I believe. Michelle was in Jacksonville just this week.

Sounds like a concession to me--not being there in 20+ days.

Forum List

Back