Why did America go to war with IRAQ ?

José said:
Princess, would you support the creation of an international coalition of countries to invade and occupy the US in order to destroy its nuclear arsenal?

I believe the US, chinese and russian weapons of mass destruction are far more dangerous to humankind than a third world dictator.

We never know what kind of government these countries will have in the future and what use they will make of these weapons. So their destruction is clearly in the best interest of mankind. Only intellectually dishonest people can deny this.

But you probably wouldn’t support this international effort because, as an american patriot, <B>your nationalist opposition to any violation of US sovereignty overrides your concern about weapons that can destroy mankind several times</B>.

Most russians and chinese would oppose the military occupation of their countries for exactly the same reason.

But I’m not going to discuss this issue anymore (human psychology regarding nationalism, patriotism, tribalism (or whatever you want to call it)).

Everybody has already exposed their ideas...

Let’s not cross the line that separates good political debate from intellectual masturbation...

Let’s give people some time to digest everything we said.

But please keep on posting, princess. Let us know where you stand on all these issues.

I’m gonna reveal something I kept to myself so far:

I’m always fascinated when I see women like you, Kathianne, Bonnie, interested in international politics instead of fashion, gossip etc etc

Forgive me if this sounds a bit sexist but you know better than me this subject is not at the top of the list of most women’s interests.

Try as you may, you cannot omit the fact that we ARE Americans, and most of us are on our side. You want to play the intellectual game of removing motive/intent and context from the argument.

Do you want to live under Russian or Chinese rule? While the US may not be perfect; which, is the unattainable standard you pseudo-intellectuals hold it to, it is far better than either Russia and/or China. The US's intentions for the most part are good, while the Chinese and Russians do not let "good or bad" factor into their decision making to act. It's either in their National best interest or not.

Forum List

Back