Why deny voters rights?

Are you talking about I.D.'s? If there is really a faction of citizens (without criminal records) who never cashed a check or had a bank account or entered a federal building or flew on a plane or rented an apartment or a car or a lawnmower or bught a beer or a bottle of wine we need to establish a federal program to study how the hell they function in the modern world. See my point? The issue is bogus.

While attacks continue on the rights of voters with stricter regulations that primarily affect the minority and poor it brings one to question the true nature of supposed Americans. Generally when the fundamental rights of Americans are attacked, people rally to support those being attacked. Today it appears as though a political party is so doubtful that they may win the general election they are willing to cast aside the rights of others to see their parties candidate win. It would be considered a hollow victory that will be challenged and never be considered legitimate in many eyes.

No significant problem exists that are of any consequence, so fabrication or no explanation is offered. It is just terrible that others are willing to throw Americans under the bus because of their doubt in the ability of their party to win an election.

There is a positive however, people will unite to right the wrongs and we will see more and more overturned elections, repeal of laws and challenges regarding taxation without representation.

If you can win the game, change the rules..

I'd be interested to see the "stats" of your "No significant problem" statement. As if people admit they are voting fraudulently when asked. If 3 out of 10 eight grade kids say they've had sex when asked by their parents, know that the number is likely 5 out of 10.

That being said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with requiring people to show valid ID to vote. We need to agree on what the Valid ID is but I would be comfortable with the photo ID and the Voter's Registration Card. In Phoenix for example, there are 26 polling places. You can go to any one of them you want. They look at your ID and card and punch up the right ballot for you to have when you walk into the booth so you can vote for your councilman, precinct positions, state and us representatives...etc...

There is nothing wrong with it and, in fact, there is everything right about it.

Those who bellyache about violation of rights are simply exhibiting a blind ignorance they shouldn't enjoy so much.

why are you people STILL pretending any of this fraud exsist when it has never been found?

I'm not even going to bother unignoring Clayton to quote that dribble. Sufficed to say, Clayton your bordering on the level of stupidity that TM displays.

No one has proven that ANYONE is being denied the right to vote.
I think that anything being done to make sure every vote was cast
on the level would be everyone's desire.

To start to claim voter disenfranchisement with all the time left to
get the paperwork in order is insane.

But then again the Democrat Party platform is built on
being the victim and playing the race card when it suits them.

Go get you paperwork in order just like all the other voters
and go vote.

why are you people STILL pretending any of this fraud exsist when it has never been found?

10 years on each count to run concurrently.

the executive committee of the county’s NAACP chapter, guilty of 10 counts of fraudulently casting absentee ballots in the name of others.

Despite What Democrats Claim, Voter Fraud is Real - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

Yes they have you fool.

its the idea that this type of fraud changes elections that has been Proven false

And there you have it,

They lie and ignore facts to help the republican party disenfranchise voters.

I'm sure that there are many instances of voter fraud, intimidation, and whatnot in every election. Why not just have the polling place at the post office, send in the Marines to run the elections and let it go from there?

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

Or we can live with the incredibly minor poll irregularities and still maintain some sort of open and free elections that we have had since our nation was founded--including 2000.

It is just unconscionable that we do two things when it comes to elections:

We expect 300+ million people to all crowd into the polling places on one day in November when the snow may be up to your ankles. We really need to make it a week-long process.

We have the audacity to ask people to show their proper ID to decide who sits atop our republic. Why not just send ballots to Lebanon and let the people of Tehran vote...or the people of Basra? They likely have as much riding on this presidential election as any of us.

Yes they have you fool.

its the idea that this type of fraud changes elections that has been Proven false

Its still fraud. Fraud is fraud and its against the law. This is why she is going to prison. TM, I did not present the stull to you with any insults, so pleas save yours. And no it has not. If that were the case, she would not be going to prison. Requiring ID to vote does not disenfranchise anyone. you have to have a picture ID to do just about anything in this country.

Why should people not have to show IDs to vote...they had to show them when they registered to vote...the whole argument is BS...many states give free IDs. If you are poor how do you get food stamps, welfare and medicaid with out an ID. One would think you would have to have some form of ID.

Yes they have you fool.

Its still fraud. Fraud is fraud and its against the law. This is why she is going to prison. TM, I did not present the stull to you with any insults, so pleas save yours. And no it has not. If that were the case, she would not be going to prison. Requiring ID to vote does not disenfranchise anyone. you have to have a picture ID to do just about anything in this country.

To be fair, you can show up at some polling places with all of the proper credentials and you stand a 50/50 chance of not being allowed to vote still.

When humans are involved, there are going to be mistakes.

That being said, it is better to err on the side of those voting should be actual American citizens registered to vote than throwing the doors open to anybody who can show up.

Forum List

Back