Why Democrats will keep the House

It's a possibility but certainly not at 77%: a long time to go, and we have seen the far right's ability to muck anything up.

If you think that is wrong, you should sell the contract. Every contract is a multiple of $10 meaning a 77% chance is worth $7.70. So if you sell 100 contracts, you receive $770. If you are right, then you get to keep all the money. If you are wrong, you have to pay out $1000, or a net cost to you of $230. A $770 payout with your losses capped at $230 is a great opportunity if you think the Dems are going to keep the House.

If you are highly confident in your beliefs, it is irrational not to take this bet. If its too much money for you, you can sell just one contract for $7.70, or any multiple thereof.

I don't think he gets that big an allowance.

The biggest problem for the Republicans is they are running unknown candidates with a Tea Bagger influenced platform. Once the elction is closer and these candidates are forced to open their mouths, their extremist positions will become evident,

Do you really want to repeal Social Security?
Do you want to take away healthcare?
Why do you support BP and the Banks from further controls?

Except:

A.) they're NOT running on eliminating SS as a party platform

B.) 0bamascare is still highly unpopular nationwide - running on repealing parts of it will get them more votes

C.) they're not supporting BP and the banks...

Oh, and they're also doing very well in current polls...

Epic fail, leftwinger...

The perils of believing everything you read on Huffington...

Sorry Nurse House..

You have not been paying attention. The GOP candidates are showing their true colors. The more visibility given to them .....the more it comes out.

I'm afraid they have come out in support of BP and block voted to prevent banking reform

Sorry, the facts just don't support you...

I understand your wishful thinking and "hope", but you have nothing but opinion to back it up... The polls show the R's gaining even more now and you leftoids have nothing to offer except more "just give us a chance" failure...

Hide the sharp objects in November....

This election may prove to be the last Hurrah for the GOP

The once Grand, now just Old Party has moved into a strictly enforced white, conservative, divisive agenda that will limit their ability to appeal to moderate independents. Because of the economy they may make some inroads from frotest votes and throw everyone out voting,

If they take this as an endorsement of their extreme conservative platform they will pay a serious price.

The Republican tent is getting smaller and smaller

Ya know, I'm always a wee bit leery of epitaphs in politics.

A year ago, we were all talking about "the death of conservatism." Now the conservatives are about to hammer the liberals.

So I think we should be a little cautious.

Except:

A.) they're NOT running on eliminating SS as a party platform

B.) 0bamascare is still highly unpopular nationwide - running on repealing parts of it will get them more votes

C.) they're not supporting BP and the banks...

Oh, and they're also doing very well in current polls...

Epic fail, leftwinger...

The perils of believing everything you read on Huffington...

Sorry Nurse House..

You have not been paying attention. The GOP candidates are showing their true colors. The more visibility given to them .....the more it comes out.

I'm afraid they have come out in support of BP and block voted to prevent banking reform

I understand your wishful thinking and "hope", but you have nothing but opinion to back it up... The polls show the R's gaining even more now and you leftoids have nothing to offer except more "just give us a chance" failure...

See you in November Nurse...

See you in November

Sorry Nurse House..

See you in November
i guess you are another one i should hope isnt alone on election night

and have your PESD appointment ready

See you in November

Democratic pols living in reality have already seen the handwriting on the wall and bowed out from running for re election. The rest of them are living in fantasy land where Obamacare is popular and the stimulus has boosted the economy. Anyone subscribing to that line of bullshit deserves to be voted out of office anyway.
All indications are the Dums are going to get teh beating of their lives in NOv. Let's make it happen.

See you in November

Democratic pols living in reality have already seen the handwriting on the wall and bowed out from running for re election. The rest of them are living in fantasy land where Obamacare is popular and the stimulus has boosted the economy. Anyone subscribing to that line of bullshit deserves to be voted out of office anyway.
All indications are the Dums are going to get teh beating of their lives in NOv. Let's make it happen.
again, i have every confidence in the GOP to turn what should be a clear victory, into a defeat

so lets not count those chickens yet

Sorry Nurse House..

See you in November

I expect we won't be seeing much of you flaming leftoids immediately after the election...

See you in November

I expect we won't be seeing much of you flaming leftoids immediately after the election...
oh sure we will
they'll all be claiming "STOLEN ELECTIONS" or "DIBOLD" or "GOP CHEATED"

See you in November

oh sure we will

well, yeah... That's a given...

Hopefully they will understand that one party rule is not the right recipe for success... I doubt it, though... The ones predicting Leftist Victory aren't the smartest fish in the pond...

oh sure we will

Hopefully they will understand that one party rule is not the right recipe for success... I doubt it, though... The ones predicting Leftist Victory aren't the smartest fish in the pond...
hell, i dont even want the GOP to take over both the house and the senate
i want the senate about dead even and the GOP to get a 1 seat majority in the house
just enough to get Pelosi out as speaker and make sure its gridlock for 2 years

oh sure we will

hell, i dont even want the GOP to take over both the house and the senate
i want the senate about dead even and the GOP to get a 1 seat majority in the house
just enough to get Pelosi out as speaker and make sure its gridlock for 2 years

Works for me...

This is a big part of the RNC's problem, $$$$$$$$$$$$$No cash, as the article points out.

On both a macro level and a micro level, Republicans are seriously behind in the money chase.

When the RNC donations started turning up in the Strip Clubs from coast to coast, and in the panties of poll dancers, the Party was over. Some of their biggest donors walked out on them. Then there was the jet planes & limos, and If I were donating to those bozos, I would be thinking, how come I am not invited to the party? As I understand it, of last month they are 3 million in the hole. And we all know that money talks in these elections. One ad is a million on the tube, and the RNC is talking about getting inventive, and using some of Obamas tricks to raise cash, like off the INTERNET.

That is the way I see the RNC predicament. And maybe the few big donors they have left will double up their donations.

Yea, it's expensive to buy political positions, ask George Soros and his puppet Barry Obama...... it cost them 730,000,000 dollars to buy the Presidency.

Jokey... Bet the house on the Dems keeping the house...

Do it, you chickenshit fuckstain....
actually, no Jake, dont bet the house on it
i wouldnt want you to have to go begging to the government for a mortgage bailout
I thought you said that you called out your fellow Righties for that kind of name-calling.

Instead, you thanked him for it.

I'll bookmark for future use.

Jokey... Bet the house on the Dems keeping the house...

Do it, you chickenshit fuckstain....
actually, no Jake, dont bet the house on it
i wouldnt want you to have to go begging to the government for a mortgage bailout
I thought you said that you called out your fellow Righties for that kind of name-calling.

Instead, you thanked him for it.

I'll bookmark for future use.
i thanked him cause it was FUNNY

This is a big part of the RNC's problem, $$$$$$$$$$$$$No cash, as the article points out.

On both a macro level and a micro level, Republicans are seriously behind in the money chase.

When the RNC donations started turning up in the Strip Clubs from coast to coast, and in the panties of poll dancers, the Party was over. Some of their biggest donors walked out on them. Then there was the jet planes & limos, and If I were donating to those bozos, I would be thinking, how come I am not invited to the party? As I understand it, of last month they are 3 million in the hole. And we all know that money talks in these elections. One ad is a million on the tube, and the RNC is talking about getting inventive, and using some of Obamas tricks to raise cash, like off the INTERNET.

That is the way I see the RNC predicament. And maybe the few big donors they have left will double up their donations.
The GOP is raising more money than Democrats.
No. You are using the "all candidates" field. Click on "members running for reelection" and it shows the Dems with OVER $100 million more raised.

Money doesn't necessarily translate into a victory...

If your message is "just give us a chance - it's all Boooooosh's fault", then you're pretty much fucked...

The GOP is raising more money than Democrats.
No. You are using the "all candidates" field. Click on "members running for reelection" and it shows the Dems with OVER $100 million more raised.

So .. lets say Democrats have more money. Are you saying they can just simply buy the election. Do you the think the bail-out has anything to do with the Democrats possibly having more money?

Forum List

Back