Why Democrats will keep the House

According to Intrade, the odds of the GOP taking back the House are 77%, highest yet.

chart127901286403416468.png

Some time ago, I suggested to the politically inclined here to buy this future when it was below 40% if they really believed it. I hope they did because its going to pay off.

According to Intrade, the odds of the GOP taking back the House are 77%, highest yet.

Some time ago, I suggested to the politically inclined here to buy this future when it was below 40% if they really believed it. I hope they did because its going to pay off.
gambling on politics is foolish
;)

It's a possibility but certainly not at 77%: a long time to go, and we have seen the far right's ability to muck anything up.

This is a big part of the RNC's problem, $$$$$$$$$$$$$No cash, as the article points out.

Yes money is a bit of a problem for the RNC. But remember 2 things.
1. Corporations are now allowed to make campaign contributions same as unions have long been allowed. So that playing field is somewhat leveled. AND

2. Money is a very big problem to Main Street America. Both the money the liberals are insanely spending, and the money that the failed Stimulus has failed to deliver to Main street in the forms of high employment and a robust economy.

All the Democraps money is not going to explain away the fact that the economy still stinks after oBum and the liberals did everything and anything they wanted. And none of it worked.

what is it for the senate?

It's a possibility but certainly not at 77%: a long time to go, and we have seen the far right's ability to muck anything up.

If you think that is wrong, you should sell the contract. Every contract is a multiple of $10 meaning a 77% chance is worth $7.70. So if you sell 100 contracts, you receive $770. If you are right, then you get to keep all the money. If you are wrong, you have to pay out $1000, or a net cost to you of $230. A $770 payout with your losses capped at $230 is a great opportunity if you think the Dems are going to keep the House.

If you are highly confident in your beliefs, it is irrational not to take this bet. If its too much money for you, you can sell just one contract for $7.70, or any multiple thereof.

gambling on politics is foolish
;)

What gave that secret away ..?

The people voting in Obama and Democrat control.. ( I know .. too easy)

68% for the Dems.

Here is the site.

Intrade Prediction Markets

You can bet on all sorts of things. Roger Clemons guilty? 65%. NY mosque starts construction by mid-2011? 35%.

68% for the Dems.

Here is the site.

You can bet on all sorts of things. Roger Clemons guilty? 65%. NY mosque starts construction by mid-2011? 35%.

thanks.

68% for the Dems.

Here is the site.

thanks

This is a big part of the RNC's problem, $$$$$$$$$$$$$No cash, as the article points out.

1. Corporations are now allowed to make campaign contributions same as unions have long been allowed. So that playing field is somewhat leveled. AND

2. Money is a very big problem to Main Street America. Both the money the liberals are insanely spending, and the money that the failed Stimulus has failed to deliver to Main street in the forms of high employment and a robust economy.

All the Democraps money is not going to explain away the fact that the economy still stinks after oBum and the liberals did everything and anything they wanted. And none of it worked.

You must have missed the FoxViews late show, wherein they explain that there is growth, a little over 1%, but the recovery will be slow due to the amount of damage Bush wreaked on America. So to say it didn't work is a falsehood. It just didn't work the "V" on the chart like impatient "have-it-now" instantaneous people like you would like. And everybody has said the recovery is going to be slow.

As corporations, you have a Dem president helping them, and a congress full of Dem's spending money on them. It comes down to who buttered their bread for them. The medical industry will go Dem. Financial District to Dem's. The oil industry will go Replug. The minorities are in Obamas pocket, along with with women (abortion), military (End Iraq War), gays (marriage), unions, workers, Home owners & buyers, etc. I just don't see a large election voting base for Republicans, and will be fascinated to see the aftermath, however it turned out, of who actually voted for a republican.

You must have missed the FoxViews late show, wherein they explain that there is growth, a little over 1%, but the recovery will be slow due to the amount of damage Bush wreaked on America. So to say it didn't work is a falsehood. It just didn't work the "V" on the chart like impatient "have-it-now" instantaneous people like you would like. And everybody has said the recovery is going to be slow.

As corporations, you have a Dem president helping them, and a congress full of Dem's spending money on them. It comes down to who buttered their bread for them. The medical industry will go Dem. Financial District to Dem's. The oil industry will go Replug. The minorities are in Obamas pocket, along with with women (abortion), military (End Iraq War), gays (marriage), unions, workers, Home owners & buyers, etc. I just don't see a large election voting base for Republicans, and will be fascinated to see the aftermath, however it turned out, of who actually voted for a republican.

Well..what can I say.. mmm.. hook, line and sinker..

Oh.. why do Democrats insist of forgetting Democrats took over Congress almost 4 years ago and that's when the trouble began.

Blaming Bush is pussin out, generally the American people don't like their President or elected officials pussin out, it's un-American. American's like winners..

And why are so many Democrat candidates touting their blatant lies of, "independent of Washington" while at the same time being funded by the Democratic Party.. sheez..

Last edited:

The GOP is out of money? How can that be? Hasn't the left said the GOP was for the rich? How is it that the democrats have all the money and be the party for the poor?

Jokey... Bet the house on the Dems keeping the house...

Do it, you chickenshit fuckstain....
actually, no Jake, dont bet the house on it
i wouldnt want you to have to go begging to the government for a mortgage bailout

Forum List

Back