Why Democrats Should Support Donald Trump

Fishlore

Silver Member
Aug 25, 2011
New Hampshire USA
Centrist Democrats and leftist Democrats have different but valid reasons to get behind the Donald. For centrists, Trump would be the easiest opponent for Hillary. Change your party registration and vote for the Donald in your GOP primary. If he is the Republican nominee, your worries are over.

Progressive Democrats not only love Bernie Sanders, they are thrilled to have a real progressive in the race. The problem is that Bernie as Democratic candidate is one in a long line of left wingers who have lost their elections. American politics is firmly in the hands of conservatives and isn't going to move leftward until there is profound political crisis. President Trump is the man for the job. Things have to get worse in order to get better and the Donald.

Centrist Democrats and leftist Democrats have different but valid reasons to get behind the Donald. For centrists, Trump would be the easiest opponent for Hillary. Change your party registration and vote for the Donald in your GOP primary. If he is the Republican nominee, your worries are over.

Progressive Democrats not only love Bernie Sanders, they are thrilled to have a real progressive in the race. The problem is that Bernie as Democratic candidate is one in a long line of left wingers who have lost their elections. American politics is firmly in the hands of conservatives and isn't going to move leftward until there is profound political crisis. President Trump is the man for the job. Things have to get worse in order to get better and the Donald.

I sincerely hope Donald is the face of the Republican Party

Run Trump Run!

Although I could probably get a chuckle out of the Democratic version of Rush Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" in 2016, deep down in my heart, I do think that Rs should vote in R primaries, Ds should vote in D primaries and that Is should vote in I primaries, that Is should not have a say in either of the two major parties' inner decision-making processes. That's what membership in a political party is for.

And the most important decision a political party can make is to select it's nominee for the next Presidential election.

But, due to federalism, each of the 50 states plus DC get to decide how primaries/caucuses are run. This makes for an interesting, if not sometimes confusing, patchwork of states with often very different rules of engagement, if you will.

I sincerely hope Donald is the face of the Republican Party

Run Trump Run!
Trump has an outward persona which attracts the Republican pissedoffnicks who form the Tea Party. At the same time, he has the platform or agenda of his fellow billionaires. The former looks great on TV; the latter is kept under wraps. This is a rather clever strategy and is serving the Donald well. He leads the pack at this early stage and still has lots of maneuvering room for later in the game.

Forum List

Back