Why Cut Down the Trees

So, Eagle, do you think the Clear Air Act and the Clean Water Act were bad ideas? Was America harmed by them?

So, Eagle, do you think the Clear Air Act and the Clean Water Act were bad ideas? Was America harmed by them?
You have a major malfunction...........Jumping to conclusions................

We've been chopping down trees and replanting them forever down South.......Controlled burns to get rid of the fire hazards..........and it has worked............

That is how you get your lumber to build a house.......

That is how you get paper to write on..........

That is how you get toilet paper to wipe your ass........

So ..........it works...........it is needed...........and you guys gotta attack it anyway........If you want to bitch at someone over this I suggest South America where they deforest and don't replant...........and place the so called blame for so called killing the earth where it belongs.

If I misunderstood your Benny Hill post, my apologies. I thought you were being critical of me or my comments re Pruitt. That is what most people here do.

www.ipcc.ch, AR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 all present mountains of evidence showing that CO2 alters climate. The problem here is not my lack of evidence, it is your abysmal moral shortcomings. You're a fucking liar and you always have been.

So you keep saying...but you don't seem to be able to bring a single piece hear for us to have a look at. Why? Because there is nothing there...models and models of models...poor dupe that you are, you wouldn't recognize actual evidence if it bit you on the ass.

The Per Decade prediction/projection warming rate based on those climate models have been shown to be failures, yet he never admits to them since that goes against his climate cult beliefs.

The lumber companies and the Paper mills do cut down areas of forest......They replant them and there are also controlled burns all the time in the South............

Been doing it forever...........they are replanted............grow.....Wash Rinse Spin Dry and repeat

They never leave any section uncut or unburned, though. :(
True..........but when I go to Lowe's to buy 2 by 6's they had to come from some where.
They've always done pretty good at replanting.

Yes, the lumber COMPANIES do that because that is how they stay in business, while the government owned forests are not so well cared for, which amazingly is where the vast majority of disease, insect infestations, and big fires occurs!

We've been chopping down trees and replanting them forever down South.......Controlled burns to get rid of the fire hazards..........and it has worked............

So ..........it works...........it is needed...........and you guys gotta attack it anyway........If you want to bitch at someone over this I suggest South America where they deforest and don't replant...........and place the so called blame for so called killing the earth where it belongs.

I really don't like the methods used to get some of that toilet paper. They could harvest those POS pulpwood Pines without fucking up 100-year old Live Oaks if they did it right. Absolutely mauling the entire area is not cool.

I really don't like the methods used to get some of that toilet paper. They could harvest those POS pulpwood Pines without fucking up 100-year old Live Oaks if they did it right. Absolutely mauling the entire area is not cool.
Most areas of replanting down here are pine. I sold some of my pines once they didn't maul the oaks

It has been claimed that there are more trees east of the Mississippi then there were when the white man arrived. I don’t know about that but it is a fact that trees are great mitigators of carbon in the atmosphere.

While driving to NC on I-75 south of Atlanta I marveled at the forest of full grown trees on the expressway right of way. It was beautiful and intensely green from all the rain. No more. From Macon North some genius has decided to cut every piece of green down. Mulchers and chainsaws have cut it all. Every cloverleaf in north Georgia is being for all intents and purposes clear cut. Why? Where are the environmentalists? What is the point. How much is this costing. How much more will it cost to replant? This is just plain stupid and ugly. What could possibly be the reason for this?
Money.
I drove by a tree-filled pristine area a few days ago and saw one of those "Land Use Notification" signs. I took the time to stop and read it, only to note that it will all be cut down, a wetland filled in and a huge parking lot and building built in its place. It was the only short peaceful drive in the otherwise crowded streets of the city.
Money is all that matters to city planners and corporations. To the rich and politicians, money is to them as heroin is to addicts.

Forum List

Back