Why Conservatives hate...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Nosmo King, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,299
    Why do Conservatives hate organized labor? Is it because the Conservatives don't want labor protected? Is it because Conservatives see labor as a commodity? One that should respond to market forces like supply and demand?

Why do conservatives hate civil liberties? Is it because the Conservatives see civil liberties as a hindrance to commerce (I believe commerce is all that really matters to a Conservative)? Is it because Conservatives feel too much freedom is a dangerous thing?

Why do Conservatives hate economically disadvantaged people? They seem to get worked up about unemployment benefits. They seem to have utter contempt for the poor.

Why do Conservatives hate environmentalism? Can it be that Conservatism demands pollution? Again, I believe that as commerce is the single most important thing to Conservatives. Anything that may hinder commerce from doing whatever the hell it wants has to be bad by default.

I know I'm going to take heat for a thread that picks at so many scabs, but these are the issues which seem to divide this country most politically. If some Conservatives want to answer these and other questions honestly, I'd appreciate it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Why are reactionaries allowed to hide behind the label "conservative"?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,299
    Reactionaries/conservatives like to re-define political terms to suit themselves. That's why in 1975 I was a "Liberal". In 2010, they call me "Marxist".

Marxist is scary and simple to understand.

Fear and simplicity (or lack of curiosity and nuance) are watermarks of the Conservative brand.

4. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Newt Gingrich once bragged about being reactionary.

go figure

5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,902
    If you follow conservative policies, you get the feeling they hate this country. The truth is, they think they are "protecting" it.

If you give corporations, the "father" of all jobs and security, everything they want, they will give us jobs and protect us.

God gave the world to conservatives, they can mess it up and dirty it as much as they want because it's a gift from God.

They only want to clamp down on free speech and human rights so they can protect "liberty".

Education will lead you away from God.

We need to return the country to a previous time when it was much more "moral". When blacks were slaves, women couldn't vote and gays were too scared to come out of the closet. Ah, the good old days.

If we went back to the 7 day work week, then we would be too tired to sin and too busy to complain.

If we voided child labor laws, we could keep better track of our children. We would know where they are, at work, where they are supposed to be.

6. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    The failure of Democrats and Liberals to stand up to Reagan and his nitwitticisms caused much trouble. The fears of losing seats, the ugly battle we Democrats (at the time) had between Ted Kennedy and President Carter, the rise of the new right and direct mail along with the embrace of fundamental Christians, these all helped conservatives redefine labels and frame discussions.

Tip O'Neil, and later Teddy K., (along with others) saved what is left over from true liberalism.

People like Obama and Clinton are progressives with no firm belief in liberalism.

7. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    The man who kills his wife and children because he loses a job and cannot provide (he ignores reality) believes he is saving his family.

Save me from the saviors.

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Since when has organized labor actually done any labor? I think thats the problem. They want people to get paid for doing absolutely nothing. Then they bully, intimidate, threaten, extort and engage in other activities that in any other circumstances would put them in jail for 5-10 years.

BTW Conservatives dont hate anything. We are just tired of special interests groups trying to remake our Republic into something else.

9. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,902
    Would such a man be more likely to be a Republican or a Democrat?

10. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    More likely to be one who posts on a message board with a 5 letter username using nothing but lowercase letters in that name