Why Conservatives are obsessed with Obama's grades

Tell it to the voters...

Let Republicans go to the voters and explain why they need to see 30 year old college records

Dems can go to the voters with why Romney is hiding his tax returns from three years ago

Which Romney should reply that people should look at thier OWN tax returns after 4 years under Obama. It will make a great soundbite.

Most Americans have lower taxes under Obama yet still pay a higher effective tax rate than Romney

Why does some guy digging a ditch pay more of his income in taxes than Presidential wannabe Romney?

So if the democrats and you thought it was sooooooo important of an issue, then why didn't the democrats, when they held huge majorities in the House and Senate, not change the laws and make those rich folks, like Romney, pay higher effective tax breaks?

Why conservatives are obsessed with Obama's college grades: 4 theories - The Week

1. Conservatives want to paint Obama as a dumb, affirmative-action fraud
In his $20,000 offer for Obama's transcripts, Bayne lays out his rationale: "We're not convinced that Barack is as smart as you media elitists keep insisting he is." The charge that the president got bad grades 30 years ago doesn't hold water, however: Biographer David Maraniss says Obama got a 3.7 GPA at Columbia and graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law, something you can't do with bad grades.

2. Conservatives are obsessed with "vetting" Obama
The play to shame Obama into releasing his college grades "is nothing more than a pathetically desperate effort to find something, anything that they can use against him in the upcoming election," says Doug Mataconis at Outside the Beltway. It's part of the Right's effort to "vet" Obama, four years after the media made him "one of the most vetted presidential candidates in recent memory."

3. This is just birtherism warmed over
When you "get to the bottom of the conspiracy," says Sarah Jones at Politicus USA, it's clear that Wayne is a birther, and his "foreign exchange student" theory is part of the claim that Obama isn't really American. Indeed, this "irrelevant nonsense about college transcripts... has been a central part of birtherism from the beginning,"

4. The Right is desperate to distract from Romney's taxes
The reason conservatives are "freaking out in unison" about Obama's college grades "couldn't be more obvious," says Charles Johnson at Little Green Footballs: They're trying anything they can to "divert attention away from Mitt Romney's refusal to release financial information

Conservatives want to paint Obama as a dumb, affirmative-action fraud

I guess he could release the transcripts and shut the conservatives up.
Or continue to hide them. What is he hiding, his good grades? LOL!

"The play to shame Obama into releasing his college grades "is nothing more than a pathetically desperate effort to find something, anything that they can use against him in the upcoming election"

Something to use against him?
Jobs, fewer than the day he took office.
Unemployment rate, higher than the day he took office.
National debt, more than $5 trillion higher.
GDP growth slowing.
Is gas $5 a gallon yet?

We have plenty to use against him.

Why are you obsessed with Romney taxes, asslips?

Glad you asked

Because we need to know whom he is beholden to
Where does his money come from? Where does he invest? What are his writeoffs? What is his effective tax rate? If he passes further tax cuts for the wealthy, whats in it for him?

All are directly related to him being president.

It's a pity that you didn't think to ask those questions on 2008. Particularly that bit about who he's beholden to. But you don't care when it's your messiah... it's only irksome when it's the other guy. Hypocrite.

Glad you asked

Where does his money come from? Where does he invest? What are his writeoffs? What is his effective tax rate? If he passes further tax cuts for the wealthy, whats in it for him?

It's a pity that you didn't think to ask those questions on 2008. Particularly that bit about who he's beholden to. But you don't care when it's your messiah... it's only irksome when it's the other guy. Hypocrite.

:clap2:

Glad you asked

It really is amazing how someone's past and background matters so much more now than it did four year's ago.

Hm Maybe because he has spent millions hiding ALL his records...if ya got nothing to hide lets see them.

Where's Obama's college transcript.
He's so brilliant- he should be proud of them?

I also hear he was enrolled as a "foreign exchange" student.

His application would be helpful too.

Please post those right up, asshole. .....

Why do you kill with so much kindness?

Tell it to the voters...

Let Republicans go to the voters and explain why they need to see 30 year old college records

Dems can go to the voters with why Romney is hiding his tax returns from three years ago

Which Romney should reply that people should look at thier OWN tax returns after 4 years under Obama. It will make a great soundbite.

Most Americans have lower taxes under Obama yet still pay a higher effective tax rate than Romney

Why does some guy digging a ditch pay more of his income in taxes than Presidential wannabe Romney?

Romney's Tax Returns and Effective Tax Rates of the Rich | Tax Foundation

According to the above link, the 13.9% Romney paid is a higher rate than all but the top 4 million tax returns.

Unless your ditch digger makes more than $200,000, he paid a lower rate than Romney did.

They don't have lower taxes BECAUSE of Obama.... and if you knew anything about capital gains tax, you would know why the ditch digger pays more percentage wise than Romney.

"IF" said digger actually pays less a percentage in taxes...

You guys lie so much, I never know when to take ya'll seriously :eusa_hand:

I fully understand capital gains tax

Can you explain to the ditch digger why the money earned by the sweat of his brow is taxed at a higher rate than the money earned by some guy moving money from one place to another?

i love it when a vile racist pile of human filth links to a rightwing lie site and pretends that anything it says is true...

so funny

Can you explain to the ditch digger why the money earned by the sweat of his brow is taxed at a higher rate than the money earned by some guy moving money from one place to another?

I can, me me me, call on me please!

(cuz the guy moving money around makes all the rules, the ditch digger has no power at all)

Glad you asked

Obama released his tax returns in 2008.

His financial records were fully available

What is Romney trying to hide? Even McCain released his finances

They don't have lower taxes BECAUSE of Obama.... and if you knew anything about capital gains tax, you would know why the ditch digger pays more percentage wise than Romney.

He isn't.

Oh, and by the way

Willard, what are you hiding?

the MSM needs to make sure this criminal answers that question otherwise they are worthless

Why conservatives are obsessed with Obama's college grades: 4 theories - The Week

1. Conservatives want to paint Obama as a dumb, affirmative-action fraud
In his $20,000 offer for Obama's transcripts, Bayne lays out his rationale: "We're not convinced that Barack is as smart as you media elitists keep insisting he is." The charge that the president got bad grades 30 years ago doesn't hold water, however: Biographer David Maraniss says Obama got a 3.7 GPA at Columbia and graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law, something you can't do with bad grades.

2. Conservatives are obsessed with "vetting" Obama
The play to shame Obama into releasing his college grades "is nothing more than a pathetically desperate effort to find something, anything that they can use against him in the upcoming election," says Doug Mataconis at Outside the Beltway. It's part of the Right's effort to "vet" Obama, four years after the media made him "one of the most vetted presidential candidates in recent memory."

3. This is just birtherism warmed over
When you "get to the bottom of the conspiracy," says Sarah Jones at Politicus USA, it's clear that Wayne is a birther, and his "foreign exchange student" theory is part of the claim that Obama isn't really American. Indeed, this "irrelevant nonsense about college transcripts... has been a central part of birtherism from the beginning,"

4. The Right is desperate to distract from Romney's taxes
The reason conservatives are "freaking out in unison" about Obama's college grades "couldn't be more obvious," says Charles Johnson at Little Green Footballs: They're trying anything they can to "divert attention away from Mitt Romney's refusal to release financial information

Well lets see We were repeatedly told Obama was going to be the Smartest President we have ever had. somehow I think ones College Grades is Relevant when you make such a claim.

If you were not a partisan hack, You would agree.

You know why, because Capital Gains are realized by Investing money and taking a risk, and most of the time the money invested has already been taxed at the higher income tax rate.

You just don't like facts.

Dog whistle politics has been part of the republican agenda since Reagan's Cadillac mom, a fictional person but an effective one. Remember Willy Horton, any need to mention all the other whistles? George Wallace demonstrated the power of racism, but he seems hidden today in the folds of forgotten history. There was a time when the courts fought for all people.

"To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done, and to the C students, I say you too can be president of the United States." George W. Bush

Yep... right after you explain to him that Romney paid taxes at the regular rate, JUST THE SAME AS THE DIGGER, the first time he earned it.

Plus, you might want to explain to him that he could do the same exact thing as Romney is did if he went to college and applied himself as hard as Romney did.

Class warfare is for bitches...

Oh yeah... and since you know so much about capital gains taxes, this thread makes you a dishonest hack.

Glad you asked

Obama released his tax returns in 2008.

His financial records were fully available

What is Romney trying to hide? Even McCain released his finances

Hasn't released his college records though. What's he hiding? That he attended as a foreign student?

Romney has released what is required. If anyone can prove that he did not pay his legal requirement of tax, that's great. Let's see the evidence. Currently, you're having a hissy fit because he paid his legally required taxes.

If you think he should have over paid... then let's see some examples of the wealthy liberals doing likewise. Don't hold Romney to a different standard - that's hypocritical. You don't want to be a hypocrite, do ya?

Barack Obama has gotten by his entire adult life on one achievement...his selection to be President of the Harvard Law Review.

He has done nothing even remotely exceptional as a lawyer, as a college lecturer or as a legislator since being chosen by the powers that be at Harvard...a choice that was based on skin pigmentation rather than merit. Quite frankly, Barack Obama was as qualified to become President as he was to win the Nobel Peace Prize.

In order for him to be electable as President of the United States a "facade" of what Barack Obama supposedly is was fabricated. Any attempts to look behind that facade, at what the reality of Barry Obama really consists of, will be fought tooth and nail because the facade is all he has.

I've made this challenge many times before and the progressives here have always avoided it like the plague. Name something exceptional that Barack Obama has done since leaving Harvard Law. You'd think that should be an easy task...yet when you REALLY examine his adult life it's hard to come up with anything. I actually admire the man for basically bluffing his way to the Oval Office without doing anything of note. It still amazes me that we elected someone we knew so little about.

President Obama is vastly more qualified than a failed Governor from Massachusetts

In that case it should be easy for you to point out all of the exceptional things that he has done since leaving Harvard Law School, Winger...YET YOU DON'T! As I said before, I've challenged progressives on this point numerous times and I've yet to have one of you make a serious attempt at providing any examples of Barry's expertise.

Now with Mitt Romney it's quite simple to point out the success that he's had both in the Private Sector and with things like the Salt Lake Olympics. Romney is actually qualified to lead because he's shown that he IS a leader by building successful businesses and by turning around an Olympics that was in great trouble and making it a success.

What is it that Barry has EVER done that would make him more qualified? Simple question...yet nobody seems to have an answer.

Forum List

Back