Why Confront Islam?

bq-5bf7442090a3e.jpeg

Sigh... another fake quote...

FDR never said this.. NO reason why he should have, most of the Islamic world was under the heel of imperial powers at that point.

So what? Your personal anecdote has zero bearing on the attitude of Muslims worldwide. Totally irrelevant.

And what is yours based on, besides racism and hatred?

We have a problem with that part of the world because of our policies, which was essentially to pick up where the Europeans left off in trying to control the region and their resources.

I'm tired of sending young men off to die so old men at Exxon can make a profit.

And what is yours based on, besides racism and hatred?
There is no racism or hatred involved. In fact, I think it's very important that we empower the more moderate Muslims to help them reform their currently horrible religion from within, which includes taking their refugees in here.. Stop with your knee jerk crybabying and accusations.

And it is based on the fact that world domination of Islam is the stated goal of fundamental, evil islamists. Again, just ask them. You don't have to take my word for it.

We have a problem with that part of the world because of our policies
Apologist nonsense. We have a problem with the Muslim world because of THEIR evil policies being wholly incompatible with and wholly condradictive to our far superior western values.

I'm tired of sending young men off to die so old men at Exxon can make a profit.
I can understand this sentiment, and I agree to an extent. But it's somewhat naive, i think. Our entire society, economy, and way of life are completely dependent on oil. There are not many things more worth going to war for than oil. If that profits private oil companies, that is incidental to our capitalist model.

There is no racism or hatred involved. In fact, I think it's very important that we empower the more moderate Muslims to help them reform their currently horrible religion from within, which includes taking their refugees in here.. Stop with your knee jerk crybabying and accusations.

In short, you'd like them if they were more like us... always the cry of the racist.

And it is based on the fact that world domination of Islam is the stated goal of fundamental, evil islamists. Again, just ask them. You don't have to take my word for it.

Yeah, I've asked them. None of them have ever pulled out a scimitar and tried to convert me by force, for some reason. In fact, the Mosque near my house has a fence around it to keep the racists out, not the Muslims in.

Apologist nonsense. We have a problem with the Muslim world because of THEIR evil policies being wholly incompatible with and wholly condradictive to our far superior western values.

Superior values? Imperialism? Genocide? Which superior values to you mean?

No, our problem is we keep invading their countries, stealing their land and trying to cheat them out of the value of their resources... and then we act all surprised when someone from that part of the world WE ARMED turns on us.

Bin Laden, Saddam, the jerks who attacked the Benghazi mission... all guys the CIA told the president we could work with..

No, guy, they are doing exactly what you would do if flying saucers landed and aliens took over the country tomorrow because they thought their way of life was superior... They are fighting back.

In short, you'd like them if they were more like us... always the cry of the racist
Wrong, thats not racism. We are talking about ideas. Islam is not a race. And yes, I would like them better if they had better ideas. In what world is that racist? You discredit and embarrass yourself with these stupid accusations.
Yeah, I've asked them.
No you haven't, you liar. We aren't talking about the moderate Muslims that have assimilated into our society. And you know it. Again, you discredit yourself with these dishonest tactics .

Superior values? Imperialism? Genocide? Which superior values to you mean?
Freedom of thought and expression, empowerment of women, freedom of and from religion, classical liberalism, secular government, etc. Go ahead, get yourself a t-shirt with mohammeds picture on it, and tell people you are gay. Then walk down a street in Pakistan. Report back.

Wrong, thats not racism. We are talking about ideas. Islam is not a race. And yes, I would like them better if they had better ideas. In what world is that racist? You discredit and embarrass yourself with these stupid accusations.

Yeah, somehow, I don't think you'd be overjoyed if a Hindu or Mexican moved in next door, either.

'My Sky Fairy is better than your Sky Fairy" has always been a little silly to me.

No you haven't, you liar. We aren't talking about the moderate Muslims that have assimilated into our society. And you know it. Again, you discredit yourself with these dishonest tactics .

Yeah, somehow, I suspect a Muslim in Iraq whose house was bombed by Americans, had his family killed and raped in the civil wars that followed the fuckups we started, was going to be terribly moderate... what's your point.

Any person can be turned savage under the right circumstances. Or even the wrong ones..

images

Freedom of thought and expression, empowerment of women, freedom of and from religion, classical liberalism, secular government, etc. Go ahead, get yourself a t-shirt with mohammeds picture on it, and tell people you are gay. Then walk down a street in Pakistan. Report back.

Okay, let's look at that.

One of my dearest friends in the world is a gay woman who came to a holiday party with her life partner, who wore a man's suit just so NO ONE MISSED THE POINT. And in a couple of weeks, her Christian co-workers convinced the Jewish owners of the company to fire her.

We have a bunch of people fighting for the right to discriminate against gays in commerce. Not Muslims, mind you, good old Christians living in a nice comfortable setting with no poverty.

So I love this concept of Freedom From Religion and Secular Government. When do we start?

Yeah, somehow, I don't think you'd be overjoyed if a Hindu or Mexican moved in next door, either.

'My Sky Fairy is better than your Sky Fairy" has always been a little silly to me.

Yeah, somehow, I suspect a Muslim in Iraq whose house was bombed by Americans, had his family killed and raped in the civil wars that followed the fuckups we started, was going to be terribly moderate... what's your point.

Any person can be turned savage under the right circumstances. Or even the wrong ones..

images

Okay, let's look at that.

One of my dearest friends in the world is a gay woman who came to a holiday party with her life partner, who wore a man's suit just so NO ONE MISSED THE POINT. And in a couple of weeks, her Christian co-workers convinced the Jewish owners of the company to fire her.

We have a bunch of people fighting for the right to discriminate against gays in commerce. Not Muslims, mind you, good old Christians living in a nice comfortable setting with no poverty.

So I love this concept of Freedom From Religion and Secular Government. When do we start?
Sounds like to me she exercised her freewill and someone exercised their freewill right back.

Sounds like to me she exercised her freewill and someone exercised their freewill right back.

You mean they abused someone who is different. You know, just like you whine Muslims do (not really).

So tell me again how your sky pixie is better than their sky pixie.

You just admitted you are okay wiht abusing gay folks, you just don't like it when those mean old Muslims do it (again, not really).

Hypocrisy much?

You mean they abused someone who is different. You know, just like you whine Muslims do (not really).

So tell me again how your sky pixie is better than their sky pixie.

You just admitted you are okay wiht abusing gay folks, you just don't like it when those mean old Muslims do it (again, not really).

Hypocrisy much?
No. That’s how you took it.

It sounded like it was her intention to tweak them. That was her choice. It was their choice to give her what she was seeking.

It sounded like it was her intention to tweak them. That was her choice. It was their choice to give her what she was seeking.

you are a joke bing ...

Jesus also believed in paying taxes.
Jesus said to render unto 'God' what is 'God's'. What is not from 'God' for one who believes?
Who really believes, if they need more than Ten simple Commandments.
Who really believes if they need more than one?
The Expense of Government is our Burden to bear for simply being Bad and not Good.
If men were angels...
that perchance happens in Nexus Five with Zardoz and the corrigibles, not Nexus Six with Zardoz and the incorrigibles.

Don't stick your hand in a hornet's nest and then whine about getting stung.
The West has been sticking it’s hand in the hornets nest for centuries but we don’t need to do that to be in the firing line. A cursory reading of the Koran explains. Good place to start is Sura 3: 7-11.
On the other hand I’m eternally cautious when dealing with any individual or society suffering from the delusion God is on their side. Without wanting to sound anti-semitic (my personal background is Jewish) Bernard Shaw penned a short effective poem “How odd of God to choose the Jews”. The Palestinians must feel something along these lines.

Religion should be used for Goodness and not Badness.
God uses it all for the good of those who love him.
we may be in Nexus Six with Zardoz and the incorrigibles.

Are we not yet Good enough for Nexus Five even with Zardoz but with the corrigibles?
I need a babel fish.
God informed us it Only requires obedience to Ten simple Commandments, not the Expense of Government.
I’m fascinated with the delusion God would even bother to talk to us even if he/she/it existed.

Perceptions are entirely subjective, internal phenomena. They may or may not be stimulated by something external. All discoveries are made through perceptions. There can be no exceptions to this. Sorry for those who seek external reality and truth; it cannot be demonstrated as we cannot step out of our perceptions in order to perceive them, just as we cannot step out of the universe to compare it to our expectations or judgements.
So how do you know your post actually appeared here and not simply in your imagination?

Religion should be used for Goodness and not Badness.
God uses it all for the good of those who love him.
we may be in Nexus Six with Zardoz and the incorrigibles.

Are we not yet Good enough for Nexus Five even with Zardoz but with the corrigibles?
I need a babel fish.
God informed us it Only requires obedience to Ten simple Commandments, not the Expense of Government.
I’m fascinated with the delusion God would even bother to talk to us even if he/she/it existed.
Why not? You’ve never talked to your pet before?

Don't stick your hand in a hornet's nest and then whine about getting stung.
The West has been sticking it’s hand in the hornets nest for centuries but we don’t need to do that to be in the firing line. A cursory reading of the Koran explains. Good place to start is Sura 3: 7-11.
On the other hand I’m eternally cautious when dealing with any individual or society suffering from the delusion God is on their side. Without wanting to sound anti-semitic (my personal background is Jewish) Bernard Shaw penned a short effective poem “How odd of God to choose the Jews”. The Palestinians must feel something along these lines.
Doesn’t it depend what they were chosen for?

Forum List

Back