Why companies will hire "highly skilled" immigrants over uneducated Republicans.

R

rdean

Why Hiring Immigrants Is Good for Your Business (Canada)

Skilled immigrants are well-educated. More than 35% of recent immigrants have a Bachelor’s or higher degree.

Skilled immigrants can fill difficult-to-fill positions. They arrive in Canada with high levels of education and work experience. Recent immigrants make up 7% of our national workforce. In Calgary, nearly 10%, and in Toronto almost 20% of the workforce are recent immigrants.

Why Hiring Immigrants Is Good for Your Business | hireimmigrants.ca

When Republicans block Obama, it's always the fault of Obama and congress. I thought this one from Fox hilarious:

Why Can't Obama and Congress See That Our Poor Immigration Policies Punish American Companies Who Want to Hire Skilled Immigrants?

These high fees are taxes on the movement of highly skilled foreign workers. They punish hard working and highly skilled people and the American firms that seek to employ them. But as long as visas exist they will cost money to process. These fees should fall entirely on the petitioner, but they should only cover the fees and not be a deterrent to hiring as they currently are.

And this is why Fox is entirely on the side of corporations. "These fees should fall entirely on the petitioner".

Why Can't Obama and Congress See That Our Poor Immigration Policies Punish American Companies Who Want to Hire Skilled Immigrants? | Fox News

'We're better off hiring skilled immigrants': Alan Greenspan hits out at young American workforce that 'doesn't shape up' to baby boom generation

In the past, 55 percent of jobs were unskilled. Now, 55 percent of jobs are skilled. Manufacturing used to provide jobs to high school graduates. The construction industry took up that slack for a time, but the downturn in housing and real estate has eliminated opportunities for workers without college degrees.

Third, skilled immigrants haven’t been as plentiful, so filling the gaps with foreign workers hasn’t been an option.

Why Employers Can

-------------------------------------------------------------

And you think Republicans are hard on Immigrants now? Just wait. The Republican leadership wants to waste education. The base says, "It's no good anyway", "education is for snobs" and "college leads to liberalism". Course they seem to want to replace school with "Bible School". As skilled workers become more and more in demand, fewer Republicans will be working and they will have to stand by and watch immigrants come in and take they jobs they aren't qualified for.

Man, these Republicans think they have it bad now. They already hate blacks and Hispanics and Muslims. Imagine how they'll feel when Hop Sing tells John Smith to clean the flush the toilets. Smell bad. Make stink. Now, "hop to it".

rdean isn't concerned about the highly skilled labor market....for obvious reasons.

I know Republicans aren't concerned. We all know that. Republicans are concerned about being "over educated", a phrase I've heard often. Well they shouldn't worry. They aren't.

The immigrants we get swim across the Rio Grande.

And their only skill is picking fruit or cleaning toilets. :doubt:

You need to get out of the Men's room. There is a big world out there.

Does Rdean think that Canada is one of our 57 states?

Of course it is, I learned it in the Onion.

We both know you are one of those ignorants who will be working for an immigrant, if you work hard enough that is. Seems rather unlikely, wouldn't you say?

Sorry. Had to chuckle. Frank off disability and working. Not gonna happen.

rdean said:
Why companies will hire "highly skilled" immigrants over uneducated Republicans.
You forgot about unskilled leftists in Canada. I heard a lot of Canadians are leftists, that must be why this is happening to their country.

The point is, Canada is opening their country to the skilled labor of educated immigrants. I thought it didn't need to be explained, but I constantly underestimate the ability of Republicans to connect the dots.

It will happen here. Companies get what they want. The "job creators" will make jobs. But not for uneducated Republicans.

rdean said:
You forgot about unskilled leftists in Canada. I heard a lot of Canadians are leftists, that must be why this is happening to their country.

The point is, Canada is opening their country to the skilled labor of educated immigrants. I thought it didn't need to be explained, but I constantly underestimate the ability of Republicans to connect the dots.

It will happen here. Companies get what they want. The "job creators" will make jobs. But not for uneducated Republicans.

Canada isn't republican dominated.
Maybe that is why they need immigrants to fill skilled positions. Seems the liberals aren't capable of filling the need.
Connect those dots.

Does Rdean think that Canada is one of our 57 states?

Of course it is, I learned it in the Onion.

We both know you are one of those ignorants who will be working for an immigrant, if you work hard enough that is. Seems rather unlikely, wouldn't you say?

Sorry. Had to chuckle. Frank off disability and working. Not gonna happen.

Sure Deany, sure.

I'm glad you're the Liberal Intellectual Elite

Last edited:
rdean said:

We could do that here too if we got rid of all the unskilled ILLEGAL immigrants. I say we send all the illegals swimming back to Mexico with a Liberal under each arm.

You guys are so funny.

I wonder how Republicans got so sure of themselves? So confident? And yet, everything they touch is a disaster. It's hilarious.

Go ahead. Vote for leaders who want to cut education. Ensure you end up with nothing. Even that tent you will be living in will say, "Made in China".

Deany, is Canada a swing state or is it solidly for Obama?

Canada is a country that welcomes highly skilled immigrants. Something that will happen here. But I suspect Canada will refuse to let Republicans go there for cheap labor. We can't get them to work here. Look at you.

Maybe Canadians are repulsed by the Republican War on Fluke's Vagina and will vote for Obama in 2012?

Forum List

Back