Why churches are empty in one picture

The primary message of Jesus (whom you call 'Christ'), was:
'Do unto others as you would have them do to you'.
This is why you killed Jesus. You are too stupid and undeveloped to understand what he was talking about.

The message of Christ was "Love your neighbor as yourself." That is very different from "do unto others", which is a self-centered, calculating proposition, at best--a primitive, Jewish conceptualization of the world and our moral place in it. Christ, in fact, used the "do unto others" formulation to summarize the Torah's backwards philosophy.

Even though he was careful about the wording, the outraged Jews (not especially known for their ability to take criticism [see Larry David, the ADL, the Holocaust Museum, etc., etc., etc.]) killed him anyway.

Well there's your whole problem. You're uneducated. The Bible is not a Jewish book.
Bible? The word I used was "Torah". Is your computer acting up?

No, your brain is. You tried to use the two interchangeably

The biggest problem I see with organized religions is the same things that the lord Jesus Christ saw when he walked.

Right, because the very idea of "organized religion" is as fraudulent as "organized science" or "organized art". There is only religion, science, and art--the three ways in which humans express their rationality in the real world (politics is part of art).
Things are more "organized" than most people can grasp but that is a discussion for another day.

If the nation as a body walks away from God's precepts that nation gets vipers and those who have evil in their hearts in as leaders.
We are already run by vipers with evil in their hearts. The New York Times, to name one. The Washington Post. AIPAC. K Street. But that is a political failing. Not a religious one.

God doesn't care about nations. Or neighborhoods. Or baseball teams. Or corporations. Or whether a drought ruins your crops, or the stock market crashes, or the town hall has a Nativity Scene or the local courthouse displays the Ten Commandments. None of those things has anything to do with RELIGION, which is utterly and completely concerned with the realm of how we treat one another. How I treat you as an individual. How you treat me as an individual. Nothing else has anything to do with religion, nor, by extension, with God. Did the Supreme Court legalize gay marriage? God doesn't care. It's a political and a cultural question (i.e. Art), not religious.

You tried to use the two interchangeably
Did I now? Where?

Oh, okay. You like playing semantics and bait and switch. I'll keep you in mind.
C'mon, Shlomo. You accused me of using the Bible and the Torah interchangeably. I challenged you to show me where. Don't run away. Either admit you were wrong or answer the challenge.

You are a professional troll. I've learned that if I argue with an idiot they will only drag me down to their level and beat me with experience.

You tried to use the two interchangeably
Did I now? Where?

Oh, okay. You like playing semantics and bait and switch. I'll keep you in mind.
C'mon, Shlomo. You accused me of using the Bible and the Torah interchangeably. I challenged you to show me where. Don't run away. Either admit you were wrong or answer the challenge.

You are a professional troll. I've learned that if I argue with an idiot they will only drag me down to their level and beat me with experience.
Hahaha, yeah, run away, Shlomo. Anybody who reads this thread will understand how I just humiliated you.

"I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth- that God Governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" Benjamin Franklin

That is from one of the men who helped found this country. His sentiment was universal among the founders. And you are benefiting off the nation they founded using the Bible as a blueprint for the values we have had as a nation... at least until modern times.

"I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth- that God Governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" Benjamin Franklin

That is from one of the men who helped found this country. His sentiment was universal among the founders. And you are benefiting off the nation they founded using the Bible as a blueprint for the values we have had as a nation... at least until modern times.
Haha, so bring back slavery? And I'm still waiting for you to show me that place where you claim I used the Bible and Torah interchangeably. Or were you wrong?

If the nation as a body walks away from God's precepts that nation gets vipers and those who have evil in their hearts in as leaders.
We are already run by vipers with evil in their hearts. The New York Times, to name one. The Washington Post. AIPAC. K Street. But that is a political failing. Not a religious one.

God doesn't care about nations. Or neighborhoods. Or baseball teams. Or corporations. Or whether a drought ruins your crops, or the stock market crashes, or the town hall has a Nativity Scene or the local courthouse displays the Ten Commandments. None of those things has anything to do with RELIGION, which is utterly and completely concerned with the realm of how we treat one another. How I treat you as an individual. How you treat me as an individual. Nothing else has anything to do with religion, nor, by extension, with God. Did the Supreme Court legalize gay marriage? God doesn't care. It's a political and a cultural question (i.e. Art), not religious.
Those people running those news agencies believe in their hearts that they are right in what they do. People give themselves over to evil ways. I disagree with your assessment that God doesn't care.

How would you destroy evil?

Those people running those news agencies believe in their hearts that they are right in what they do. People give themselves over to evil ways. I disagree with your assessment that God doesn't care.

How can those who worship evil destroy it? Better still, WHY would they destroy it?

As Alexander Solz. showed in the Gulag Archipelago, the line between good and evil "runs through every human heart". To destroy evil, one would have to destroy humans.

How can those who worship evil destroy it? Better still, WHY would they destroy it?
Weakling.

Weakling.

Don't go there. You keyboard commandos may be good at spouting shit, but if you want to call me out, here is the proper formula:

1) Send me a PM and call me out AND tell me to name the time and the place

2) Provide contact info

3) When the time and place is established, show up.

Anything less than that says you are a self absorbed smart ass that thinks he can change the world from the comfort of his keyboard. If there is a weakling here, it is the guy who plays Internet games and attempts to show the posters how superior he is to his fellow man.

You are highly dishonest, not well versed in this topic and not qualified to be in any serious discussion. Calling me names designed to piss me off doesn't bolster your case in the least. Had you been honest and forthright, I'd discuss the issue with you. You're not honest; you're not qualified.

Notice to all other posters on this thread:

The real reason that churches are empty is due to the fact that most Christian pastors are not fit to teach. In order to be a good leader, you have to be a good follower.

Unfortunately, most ministers don't follow the Bible. They allow political propaganda prostitutes to sway them with the social gospel. That way they can put a lot of bodies in the church, but the message stinks like a sewer.

When political opportunists are only interested in using the church to advance the notion of multiculturalism on one hand OR pledging loyalty to the NEW WORLD ORDER on the other hand, the churches may as well be as empty as the message you're getting from them.

The real reason that churches are empty is due to the fact that most Christian pastors are not fit to teach. In order to be a good leader, you have to be a good follower.

Unfortunately, most ministers don't follow the Bible. They allow political propaganda prostitutes to sway them with the social gospel. That way they can put a lot of bodies in the church, but the message stinks like a sewer.

When political opportunists are only interested in using the church to advance the notion of multiculturalism on one hand OR pledging loyalty to the NEW WORLD ORDER on the other hand, the churches may as well be as empty as the message you're getting from them.
NOW yer makin cents shlomo

A good point. I have noticed over the years that those who didn't go along with their misguided precepts, their disbelief and their ignorance have not been welcome in the churches on a whole either.

Forum List

Back