Why Chief Justice John Roberts Voted 4 Obamacare

Forever, this court will be known as the Robert's Court and Roberts may want this court, his court, to go down in history as a famous, honest, judicial court, one that finds for the American people and not a political party. If so, perhaps Roberts has decided to follow a judicial route rather than political one. At least America can hope so, but I doubt it. I'll wait for the other shoe.

I know that Roberts does not want to rectify the idiocy and cowardice of the Legislatures from the Bench.

Obamacare qualifies as idiocy.

That said, the notion that the Mandate is a tax is not supported by the arguments of the litigants and I'm not sure that this ruling is a good one on that basis.

Lawyers in the crowd: I know that a judge can do whatever he like on the bench, but is this a justified conclusion on the part of the Justice Roberts? Shouldn't the thing upon which he decides the fate of legislation which will end the Republic be constructed by the legal team arguing for it?

This seems a little contrived to me.

i agree that the tax finding was stretching it. it should have been sustained on the basis of the commerce clause, imo. either way it was sustainable.

judges have an absolute right to substitute their own reasoning for that of the attorneys litigating. often, the judge wants a certain result, but not for the reasons offered to him or her.

Why did they not instead introduce a healthcare tax as is case with Social Security from income? Would have been more appropriate and acceptable, especially since everyone is talking about mandatory insurance been individual responsibility.
Sole winner on Obamacare's mandatory insurance is insurance industry.

By the way, did you know that you can exclude yourself from the reins of mandatory clauses in Obamacare by becoming an exemption? Yes, you are welcome!

6a00d8341c565553ef01538ee48d4e970b-500wi
That... that's a very nice hat.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rvr_Ma2O6A]FE_Mugger - YouTube[/ame]

Big Fitz, your avatar has the most miserable features I have ever seen. Hope you are not as miserable and gloomy.

Conservative James Dobson of Focus On The Family says "we now have to be very careful which issue we take before the Supreme Court."

Former governor of Vermont, Howard Dean, says Obamacare was introduced by Mitt Romney of Massachusetts who said it was a good thing.

Well, we have Citizens, and now we have ACA. It is clear Roberts is a progressive right wing statist.

I thought that Citizens was a strict interpretation of the 1st Amendment.

I'm not at all sure what this is.

The Reps need to start pounding on what this is going to cost every individual.

If you don't have healthcare because you can't afford it, hang on because soon you will afford it or we will take all of your money from you.

No, it is not strict interp; show me were the Constitution says corporations are citizens.

I don't think the corporations are people thingy is that big a stretch.

Corporations are not people, but they cannot exist without people.

Ice is not water, but cannot exist without water.

You get into a pretty high degree of picking fly poop out of pepper to say that Corporations are not people when people is the stuff that comprises them.

I think the Supremes have become political, also. :(

Steadily since 2000. Roberts' decision surprised me forcefully. Having read his arguments, I am of the belief that we have a court that will make legislation comport with the Constitution through SCOTUS re-writing when necessary.

Glad to know you see exactly when it all became customary for government to rewrite Constitution. 2000, and especially with Patriot Act II!

Nice try, but it happened in Marbury v Madison.

I know that Roberts does not want to rectify the idiocy and cowardice of the Legislatures from the Bench.

That said, the notion that the Mandate is a tax is not supported by the arguments of the litigants and I'm not sure that this ruling is a good one on that basis.

Lawyers in the crowd: I know that a judge can do whatever he like on the bench, but is this a justified conclusion on the part of the Justice Roberts? Shouldn't the thing upon which he decides the fate of legislation which will end the Republic be constructed by the legal team arguing for it?

i agree that the tax finding was stretching it. it should have been sustained on the basis of the commerce clause, imo. either way it was sustainable.

judges have an absolute right to substitute their own reasoning for that of the attorneys litigating. often, the judge wants a certain result, but not for the reasons offered to him or her.

Why did they not instead introduce a healthcare tax as is case with Social Security from income? Would have been more appropriate and acceptable, especially since everyone is talking about mandatory insurance been individual responsibility.
Sole winner on Obamacare's mandatory insurance is insurance industry.

If you have the chance to do so, get your money out of insurance stocks and put it into Healthcare stocks.

Steadily since 2000. Roberts' decision surprised me forcefully. Having read his arguments, I am of the belief that we have a court that will make legislation comport with the Constitution through SCOTUS re-writing when necessary.

Glad to know you see exactly when it all became customary for government to rewrite Constitution. 2000, and especially with Patriot Act II!

Nice try, but it happened in Marbury v Madison.

I am aware of Marbury vs. Madison. Note however that I said "customary" as in successively as has been case in 21st Century.

Forever, this court will be known as the Robert's Court and Roberts may want this court, his court, to go down in history as a famous, honest, judicial court, one that finds for the American people and not a political party. If so, perhaps Roberts has decided to follow a judicial route rather than political one. At least America can hope so, but I doubt it. I'll wait for the other shoe.

I agree that the tax finding was stretching it. it should have been sustained on the basis of the commerce clause, imo. either way it was sustainable.

Judges have an absolute right to substitute their own reasoning for that of the attorneys litigating. often, the judge wants a certain result, but not for the reasons offered to him or her.

Did you see president Barack Obama dancing to Party Rock after the ruling of US Supreme Court on Obamacare? - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o1zW6xX2OA]President Obama Dances to Party Rock Anthem - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back