Why Can't We Get Out Of The Foreign Aid Business?

Foreign Welfare;as I call it; is something that I detest more than any other program there is. While I oppose domestic welfare with federal tax dollars too, that is at least going to other Americans;hopefully.

Here is how foreign aid works.

America identifies an important geopolitical asset -- a region that has something it needs. Typically, the region is in the 3rd world because advanced industrial nations have usurped most of their wealth producing assets or "natural resources".

And so ...once an asset is identified, the U.S. searches for a corruptible element within that region. It uses the CIA to put the corruptible element in power. In return, the corruptible element agrees to force the country to borrow billions for "structural improvements". Those improvements, often never completed, are carried out by U.S. Transnationals via no-bid contracts w/o oversight. Invariably, some of the money gets lost and cycled back into the political party who handed out the contract. It's called a well oiled machine and no party is immune to it. Study how much money Halliburton lost, and then study how much money they pour into Washington. This type of thing has been happening forever. This is what money does. It wraps its dark tentacles around the entire system. (Christians used to be weary of money until Reagan and Gekko convinced a generation of Americans that greed was good. The real evil, Ronnie told us, was drugs and sin. "Trust Wall Street! We have to worry about Janet Jackson's breast and the erosion of morality." Bingo! [Game over. Hello meltdown. Thanks Ronnie!!]...)

Back to our story. Eventually the country who accepted the financial aid defaults on repayment. This gives the creditor -- the U.S. -- possession of key economic and political assets. The country is put in technical receivership. The U.S., for all intents and purposes, owns the country, e.g., has control over its wealth producing assets, and gets to build large bases, and gains influence over its international voting behavior.

File this under "The life of a superpower". (yawn)

Ok . . . time to let the adults talk. Go back to Hannity now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back