Why Can't The So-Called Pro-Life Crowd Be Honest?

So we agree that it’s wrong to kill those considerd “unwanted.” Thats pro life

Yes, I agree killing all innocent babies/children/adults is immoral and disgusting. Which is why I'm anti-war and anti-late term abortion.

I don't think a 1st trimester fetus is a baby though. I view it as a fetus. Society mostly agrees with me, if a 6 month old baby were born and tragically died in a car wreck there'd be a big funeral with family and friends. If a woman has a miscarriage a month in to her pregnancy that doesn't happen (giving a link to show this has happened once won't prove it's the norm either).

If it isn't a human baby then it isn't a pregnancy.

I don't rely on others to make me feel good about killing off the innocent.

If it isn't a human fetus then it isn't a pregnancy. I can play that word game too.

I don't even know what you're trying to say with that 2nd point. If you're addressing my funeral example that was a poor effort. My point was and is, that society views babies and fetuses differently.

Because if they were they would admit that they are in favor of government control over American citizens private decisions. THEY are the real enemies of liberty and freedom.
I'm in favor of devolving the issue to the states....I believe Roe to be bad law...And I'm in favor of allowing women to choose ending their pregnancies within the first trimester.

Why can't the pro abortion freaks be honest and stop hiding behind the word "choice"?...The decision to go full-term and keep the child or put it up for adoption are choices too.

But then where does interstate commerce come into play? If abortion is legal in Pennsylvania, can a New Jerseyan travel to PA to get one? Who makes that choice, NJ or PA? If NJ says it's illegal for a citizen to get an abortion regardless of what state, would we not run into jurisdictional issues?

And I think pro-choice is an accurate adjective; 'Pro-abortion' is disingenuous. Nobody I know thinks it's a great idea to run and get an abortion. They do, however, think that a woman should have a choice - Be it abortion or any of the other choices you listed.

Because if they were they would admit that they are in favor of government control over American citizens private decisions. THEY are the real enemies of liberty and freedom.

Because unless you are the woman, her doctor or her God you need to stay the fuck out of her business

And unless you're me, my accountant or God you should stay the fuck out of my wallet...

uterus and wallet are interchangeable to some....;)

Bikers and assorted rif-raf may not care but Government has control of an American citizen's private decisions. You can't ingest narcotics even in the privacy of your own home. You can't kill children who have been out of the womb for one second or longer even in the privacy of your own home. Pro-lifers are a lot more honest than death wishers who call themselves "pro-choice".

Cherish your baby dying a slow death? That seems awfully selfish to me. I'd rather not put my baby through that.

That's why I made the connection to the hospice centers. If given a choice, I'd rather not put the person through horrifying pain when it's a certainty along with death.

I may have missed your change.

My dad died in a hospice center. Trust me, he did not seem to be in pain, yet my father in law died in a hospital and he was clearly in a lot of pain. My dad had cancer spread throughout his body. My father in law had stomach cancer. I'm not sure if that is a difference or not.

I did not say that they should cherish its death, but rather the few minutes that they were given to spend with it. As I said, they will always suffer the pain, but in this case, they did have the privilege of spending at least a few minutes with their child.

BTW: I now volunteer for the same hospice center my dad died in although I visit patients outside the home rather than spend time in the hospice house. Nursing homes give me the creeps and I typically avoid them.

Immie

That's great (honestly) and I'm really glad you're doing that. I went through the same thing with my grandpa. My father and I essentially moved in with him the last 6 months of his life to do our version of hospice care. Luckily my dad does that stuff for a living at a hospital so it made it so we at least knew what we were doing.

But the situation was different in a sense that my grandpa could say something hurts and we'd give him morphine. This couldn't happen with the baby and it was certain by the doctors analysis that death was going to come to the baby and essentially be right after birth.

Personally if I had a preference I'd rather not spend the 15 minutes with my child while it seems like it would be in horrible pain and suffering. Not because I wouldn't want to be with my child for 15 minutes, but I would choose to not put the baby through the pain.

I think others should have that choice when death is certain, that's all I'm saying.

My grandpa died in a nursing home. Thus my dislike of nursing homes.

I understand what you were saying and can see your point.

I have to say that I probably have a rather simplistic view of Baby Elizabeth's death which I would rather keep than think of the reality. ;) I envision mom and dad sitting in rockers each getting a chance to hold their precious darling daughter, no screaming in pain, but probably gasping for air until she finally "fell asleep" for the first and last time. Probably not the way things happened, but it is what I want to believe.

Having the benefit of 25 years, I can look back and say that I would have liked to have those 15 minutes with our first child... the miscarriage, I hope that in a few years Elizabeth's parents can look back at this tragedy in their lives and think of her short life as a blessing in their own, is what I was trying to say.

Immie

I'm in favor of devolving the issue to the states....I believe Roe to be bad law...And I'm in favor of allowing women to choose ending their pregnancies within the first trimester.

Why can't the pro abortion freaks be honest and stop hiding behind the word "choice"?...The decision to go full-term and keep the child or put it up for adoption are choices too.

But then where does interstate commerce come into play? If abortion is legal in Pennsylvania, can a New Jerseyan travel to PA to get one? Who makes that choice, NJ or PA? If NJ says it's illegal for a citizen to get an abortion regardless of what state, would we not run into jurisdictional issues?

And I think pro-choice is an accurate adjective; 'Pro-abortion' is disingenuous. Nobody I know thinks it's a great idea to run and get an abortion. They do, however, think that a woman should have a choice - Be it abortion or any of the other choices you listed.
It's not a traditional issue of interstate commerce...Much the same way that liquor laws vary from state to state.

Saying that one is "pro abortion" does not imply that you believe that it's a good idea, as a matter of course. However, "pro-choice" implies only one "choice"....If you want disingenuous and dishonest semantics, you'll find no better example.

Because unless you are the woman, her doctor or her God you need to stay the fuck out of her business.

And if it were only HER DNA... I would agree with you... but it's not

If it isn't a human fetus then it isn't a pregnancy. I can play that word game too.

I don't even know what you're trying to say with that 2nd point. If you're addressing my funeral example that was a poor effort. My point was and is, that society views babies and fetuses differently.

No , you can't

What is it a flower, a dog perhaps a turnip?

I didn't address your second point. That it makes you feel better to think a majority of society agrees that the killing of the unborn is acceptable is both wrong and a weak stance.

Bikers and assorted rif-raf may not care but Government has control of an American citizen's private decisions. You can't ingest narcotics even in the privacy of your own home. You can't kill children who have been out of the womb for one second or longer even in the privacy of your own home. Pro-lifers are a lot more honest than death wishers who call themselves "pro-choice".

LOL, Who wants to kill babies even 1 second after they're born? Seriously? Where the hell do you people come from?

Because unless you are the woman, her doctor or her God you need to stay the fuck out of her business.

Oh, so you're ok with it as long as both parents consent to the abortion.

Nice try

No... just as I do not condone both parents murdering any of their children....

The unborn human child has a unique DNA... you want to lop off any body part that is purely your dna... knock yourself out

Nice try

The unborn human child has a unique DNA... you want to lop off any body part that is purely your dna... knock yourself out

I don't condone murdering children either. Or murdering anyone for that matter.

A fetus isn't a child. Nice Try.

Nice try

Yes... it is.. an unborn child... at a developmental stage... it is human... it is offspring of the parents, with it's unique DNA...

nice try

I'm the parent of a child who was WAYYYYYYYYY premature.... don't tell me they are not children because they are not 9 months along and haven't popped out of the birth canal or c-section incision....

Nice try

Yes... it is.. an unborn child... at a developmental stage... it is human... it is offspring of the parents, with it's unique DNA...

nice try

I'm the parent of a child who was WAYYYYYYYYY premature.... don't tell me they are not children because they are not 9 months along and haven't popped out of the birth canal or c-section incision....

I'm not in favor of aborting a baby at any time up until actual birth. But there is a point where the fetus becomes viable and it is before that point that I am in complete favor of allowing the choice to abort the pregnancy.

nice try

I'm not in favor of aborting a baby at any time up until actual birth. But there is a point where the fetus becomes viable and it is before that point that I am in complete favor of allowing the choice to abort the pregnancy.

Hmmm... 10 years before the birth of my youngest, she would not have been considered "viable" with hardly a chance to survive... then she happens as technology advances...

No different than saying that a person who is 90 and in a coma is not viable because they can't survive without the total care of someone else... but you take that person out, and it is also murder...

I do realize that there are times where the unborn child is directly threatening the mother's life, and sometimes (in VERY RARE numbers of cases) a choice has to be made between the 2 lives... and that is the ONLY time I can see the need for any termination of the unborn child's life...

Actually... the unborn children you seem to be declaring 'not viable' are IMHO more viable and contribute more than walking, breathing humans such as fail-o and douger

At the same time, no one on the pro-life side wants the woman to suffer either. It is disingenuous of the pro-choice side to state so. That is not to say that the pro-life side is not disingenuously claiming a person who is "pro-choice" is really "pro-abortion".

People such as myself who consider themselves "pro-life" do so because we believe it is the responsibility of the government to protect life including the life of a fetus. I for one can accept that there are exceptions to that rule i.e. the life of the mother or rape. I struggle on the case of incest because despite the fact that incest is wrong, I can see no grounds for terminating the pregnancy simply because of one wrong. Rape is borderline on that part, but it does involve an added emotional issue for the mother... yet, according to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, Mother's life, Fetal Abnormality, Rape and Incest are given as reasons for 7% of all abortions (see page 10 of the below pdf file).

http://www.guttmacher.org/media/011003/ov_ab.pdf

It seems to me that since pro-lifers and pro-choicers really want the same thing (fewer abortions) that we should be working together to bring about that reality rather than be at each other's throats all the time. Yet, unfortunately, neither side is willing to work with the other side.

I personally, don't think this is an issue that we should be divided over. If we all want fewer abortions, what difference does it make how we get there?

Immie

nice try

Hmmm... 10 years before the birth of my youngest, she would not have been considered "viable" with hardly a chance to survive... then she happens as technology advances...
Well it's a good thing you had that CHOICE and were able to bring your child in to this world. Let other people make their own choice too. Freedom of choice.
No different than saying that a person who is 90 and in a coma is not viable because they can't survive without the total care of someone else... but you take that person out, and it is also murder...
Pulling life support on someone who couldn't survive without assistance is not murder, but nice try. You actually only prove my point further with this example. Thanks.

I am pro life but I still think women should have the right to abort their baby.

I'm against the way pro choice propaganda lies to women by telling them their baby is not a life.

The government tells us what to eat smoke to wear seatbelts helmets taxes things it believes are bad for us, extorts money from us in anyway they can, It lies to us, says we have freedom of speech yet punishes us for anything we say that they don't like.

Using abortion as an example of government control is ridiculous.

They control us all over the place.

Forum List

Back