Why Can't The So-Called Pro-Life Crowd Be Honest?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DaGoose, Mar 30, 2011.

1. DaGoose

DaGoose Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +676
    Because if they were they would admit that they are in favor of government control over American citizens private decisions. THEY are the real enemies of liberty and freedom.

Because unless you are the woman, her doctor or her God you need to stay the fuck out of her business.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    Since when is taking the life of someone else a private decision?

I suppose we should decriminalize murder. After all, the government is punishing a person for their own private decision.

Of course, I don't expect you to actually recognize the inherent flaws of your argument. But perhaps someone who is reading will and will see how illogical your position is.

3. Nosmo King

Nosmo King Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,298
    If you want to extend the meaning of murder to the abortion of a non-viable fetus, shouldn't we then refer to the purging of freezer space at a in vitro fertilization clinic as mass murder?

One silly rationalization deserves another.

4. R.D.

R.D. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,375
    It's about the child’s life. Not a difficult concept for an honest person.

5. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    It's easy to paint it that way, but unfortunately that isn't the position of any but the most extreme of the anti-abortion crowd like those that think they should be illegal at any time in the pregnancy no matter what the reason.

The reality I think is most hold a position similar to me. I'm anti-abortion. Who isn't really? Abortion, unless for medical reasons only arises when a lack of responsibility occurs on the part of two people. The only question here is when should the law get involved. I'm also a libertarian where the law is concerned. Libertarians are pretty split on abortion, but I believe as far as the law goes people ought to be free to make their own choices so long as the choices they make don't jeopardize another person's right to do the same. The last part is where the split occurs. Some people think that at some point the child inside you is a person and thus should have legal protection. Some don't. To me the notion that a baby was somehow biologically less of a person or less of a human being mere moments before it was born is rather illogical to me hence why I believe abortion should be illegal once the fetus is viable.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  6. JamesInFlorida

JamesInFlorida Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    First of all you're generalizing everybody's who's pro-life. I consider myself to be in the middle, and I probably lean towards things on the left. I've been called a wing nut for the left, and wing nut for the right on USMB.

I think you're missing a view big points here.

-Regardless of your views on when life first begins-there's no question that the fetus will become a human being.

-There are tons of ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies available including birth control, and condoms. It's very easy, and cheap to get your hands on contraceptives. I used to get them for free at college.

-People should be held accountable for their actions. If I do something that leads to a negative result (or a positive for that matter), I'm accountable for that action. Why is that not the case with abortion? If you get pregnant while having sex-it's because you acted irresponsibly by either: not using protection, or not using protection properly. It's your fault.

Now in cases where the mother's life is in danger, or the baby is going to die shortly after birth-I'm pro-choice. I think those are legit reasons for someone to seek out an abortion.

But engaging in an act irresponsibly when you're not prepared for a possible outcome is not.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    I'm in favor of devolving the issue to the states....I believe Roe to be bad law...And I'm in favor of allowing women to choose ending their pregnancies within the first trimester.

Why can't the pro abortion freaks be honest and stop hiding behind the word "choice"?...The decision to go full-term and keep the child or put it up for adoption are choices too.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    There was a thread on this with a case where the death of the baby was certain but a law said the woman couldn't have an abortion. So the baby was born and for 15 minutes died a slow painful death in the mother's arms. I didn't see one pro-lifer on the thread take issue with that.

So it proved to me, at least with the people on this board, that it isn't about the well-being of the baby or mother. It's solely about forcing one's religious views on another.

9. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    ^^^
    One reason why I'm in favor of this issue being devolved to the states.

10. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173

So I guess a newborn is "non-viable"?

It should be able to walk and feed itself right?

You libs are baby killers.... just sayin'