Why can't the other side understand?

No, it wouldn't. You may not understand this, but most people don't want to die. They'll spend any amount of money they can get their hands on to prolong their life.

Cars aren't a necessity. They're very useful, but you wouldn't die if you didn't have car.

thats right and still there is a world wide competition to make them perfect and responsive to every human whim!!

disgusting libturds prevent that in health care where it is more important

Those firms have office in almost every state. They're competing across the nation.

too stupid!!! in fact liberals made interstate competition illegal starting with McCann Ferguson.

McCann-Ferguson lets states set the standards for policies sold in their state. It doesn't prevent companies from selling policies in multiple states. Even if you "allow interstate sales", you still have the issue of which state laws apply.

dear, think tooth paste!!! Why be so dumb all the time??

Cars aren't a necessity. They're very useful, but you wouldn't die if you didn't have car.

thats right and still there is a world wide competition to make them perfect and responsive to every human whim!!

Innovation and competition are not the same thing. Competition can breed innovation, but they're not the same. Even though health care is an uncompetitive market, there is still tons of innovation.

too stupid!!! in fact liberals made interstate competition illegal starting with McCann Ferguson.

McCann-Ferguson lets states set the standards for policies sold in their state. It doesn't prevent companies from selling policies in multiple states. Even if you "allow interstate sales", you still have the issue of which state laws apply.

Health insurance is much more complex product than toothpaste. About the only think you need to know about toothpaste is making sure it doesn't have toxic chemicals in it.

I love this discussion about "Health Care". What we are talking about, as Polk stated, is health INSURANCE.
The question is, is it so important to you to see health insurance corporations become increasingly wealthy, or would you prefer to try what every other industrialized nation has done, and regulate it or take it over. However, what the republican, and therefor, the tea parties, are pushing is that we are taliking about this terrible thing called Obama Care, which they suggest is socialized medicine.

Even a moron should be able to see that The Affordable Health Care Act is simply some regulation of INSURANCE COMPANIES. Personally, I am MUCH more interested in trying to control costs than to make insurance executives richer.

Why can't the other side understand simple economics? Please, someone tell me how the programs enacted under their administrations justify, if you will, a capitalist society? It recently came to me that they simply can't. It's impossible.

Look at the minimum wage law. Although it had well intentions (Like most of their programs), its results are devastating. But, we'll just stick to the facts and not debate the effects and results it has on the US economy.

Any person who has ever studied simple economics knows about supply and demand. It's a basic function for a capitalist nation. But, it seems to me that one side never really got this part of economics 101. Look at supply and demand quickly. Supply and demand generates an equilibrium point, where the producer and consumer are both satisfied with whatever that price may be. Just like in supply and demand for labor, the employer pays a worker for his labor, and that wage must justify his labor or else he wouldn't work. However, the minimum wage law tinkers with the invisible hand and sets a wage above the wage that would prevail in the free market (The market equilibrium point).

Now, once this happens, you have employers supplying less labor than the demand for labor, which results in unemployment. THESE ARE FACTS that can't be disputed. We will not talk about the law being a good one or not.

My simple question to everyone is: Doesn't this law contradict the very capitalist nation we claim to be?
The private sector is sitting on $6 trillion dollars in profits! Minimum wage didn't prevent that. Minimum wage doesn't impact the economy's ability to do business as much as the failure to prosecute anti-trust violations does. Corporate mergers are a far bigger problem than minimum wage.

Now, once this happens, you have employers supplying less labor than the demand for labor, which results in unemployment. THESE ARE FACTS that can't be disputed. We will not talk about the law being a good one or not.

My simple question to everyone is: Doesn't this law contradict the very capitalist nation we claim to be?

Except it's not a fact. It's a model, and one built on a faulty assumption. An elementary supply/demand model doesn't work for the labor market because different individuals have different marginal propensity to consume. Raising the minimum wage, ceteris paribus, shifts income toward lower income earners. Since those earners have, on average, a higher marginal propensity to consume, they'll buy more goods and services, increasing aggregate demand beyond what it otherwise would be. The balance between this factor and the simple clearing approach you're talking about is why increases in the minimum wage don't increase unemployment.

It doesn't shift income toward lower income earners. If you work a 40-Hour week at the minimum wage, you would make $15,000 a year. The poverty threshold is $11,000 for one person! How does the minimum wage encourage lower income earners to generate skills and make more money?

It's simple. If I'm a business man and you tell me I MUST pay a worker a certain wage, then I'm just going to hire less workers because I'm paying more than the market wage would have been.

Innovation and competition are not the same thing. Competition can breed innovation, but they're not the same. Even though health care is an uncompetitive market, there is still tons of innovation.

Name some.

Clearly stated was the entire argument and you make that "dumb" statement? Why?

New Topics

Forum List

Back