Why can't people just admit when they are wrong?

It seems as though for many, the anonymity leads them to act more aggressively , which would include aggressively defending their positions no matter that they have thoroughly refuted.

I mean to me, I don't see the big deal. obviously no one could be an expert on every single subject. Mistakes happen.

Of course that leads to another thing, people on here tend to think they know it all, and if someone doesn't know something they are like "hahahahahhaha you dumb fuck you didn't know the GDP of Turkmanistan in 2008?" like a bunch of dorks, which leads people to just get even more defensive and protective of their opinions which are based on untrue facts that they refuse to let go of.

Please don't take this constructive criticism the wrong way.

If this is a new thing to you or if this phenomenon confounds you, you've got a lot to learn. I'm pretty sure that you didn't spend a whole lot of time in an environment like this before taking terminal leave and now you're getting a feel for the dynamic, so it's completely understandable.

Spend more time reading and less time posting if you really want an answer to the question you posed in the OP.

In your reply to him, I detect a little bit of what the Col. was referring to.

You resemble his remarks.

You may have intended not to offend but your anger tipped you off.

Self control is part of a winner's code.

This thread

What would Liberals eat US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

bothered me. I don't mean to call out any one poster, so i won't. But in this thread (as well as another thread on the same subject from a week or so ago that I frankly didn't want to search for) there were several posters who just flat out didn't read the guidelines of the program they were griping about, and made wild accusations about the program that simply weren't true.

And what's worse, when you pointed out to them right in the guidelines where it showed they were wrong, they simply and stubbornly refused to type the words " I was wrong"

In the Army, one way to get your ass in a sling is to lie, cover up, deny, or deflect when you make a mistake. Is the civilian world that different? Or is this just an online thing?

CLEARLY there were a few posters in that thread who were wrong, and so I don't want to debate whether they were or not, and I'm not wanting this to be yet another thread about the school lunch program, I'd like to stay focused on my question.

Why don't people admit when they are wrong?
I wish it was true for the Army. Didn't they used to say "the right way, the wrong way and the Army way"? One of the most celebrated generals in Army history blamed subordinates and refused to admit that he did not adhere to the war plan when he lost his entire Army in the Philippines four months after Pearl Harbor.

Okay, the rules don't apply for Generals LOL

Forum List

Back